Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Design + Type Talk with Cathy Zielske

Quote Originally Posted by fortlady View Post
    Cathy, thanks so much for the freebie! Love, love! I too, love your style! Thanks for the info on the fonts, clicked on the Sophia Pro, but it took me to a pay page? Love the Avenir font!
    Sometimes you have to scroll down to see which one is free. They often do that. Offer up one of the entire family.
    Visit My Blog

Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: Canon 24-70mm 2.8L; Canon 50mm f 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Platform: Mac
    Sign: Pisces

Quote Originally Posted by fortlady View Post
    Cathy, thanks so much for the freebie! Love, love! I too, love your style! Thanks for the info on the fonts, clicked on the Sophia Pro, but it took me to a pay page? Love the Avenir font!
    Just double checked it. They are offering Sophia Pro Light for free! Scroll down a bit on the pay page and you'll see it about halfway down!
    Visit My Blog

Question for you guys today: everyone has a digital product they use again and again. Over the years, mine has been Maplebrook Studio's Just Linen series of papers, especially No. 1.

I've used the cream and the white from that paper pack tons of times.

What are some of your can't live without products?
    Visit My Blog

4. Quote Originally Posted by CathyZielske View Post
    Question for you guys today: everyone has a digital product they use again and again. Over the years, mine has been Maplebrook Studio's Just Linen series of papers, especially No. 1.

Katie's drop shadows. I use them on nearly every lo.

5. I am primarily a Project Life scrapper and I think Cathy's Tiny Templates are a life saver. I love that I can get 1-4 (or more) photos in one slot and still tell the story.

6. Thank you for the freebie... I just happened upon this chat. I love fonts, too. Thanks for all the tips!

Aloha! Thanks for the freebie & the font link. I love the clean look - perfect for clean and simple pages.

Patti

8. I think I am uploaded to the correct spot! Thanks for the fun challenge, Cathy!
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...98196&cat=2549
    Tammy

Fun page, Tammy!
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmom View Post
    Thank you for the freebie... I just happened upon this chat. I love fonts, too. Thanks for all the tips!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
    I am primarily a Project Life scrapper and I think Cathy's Tiny Templates are a life saver. I love that I can get 1-4 (or more) photos in one slot and still tell the story.
    Yay! Love hearing that. I too love having them for when I have lots of photos in a particular week.
    Visit My Blog

Another question, and this is coming from me, a newer fully digital scrapbooker.

Do you all get your digital pages printed?

Now I am loving doing Project Life digitally. Holy time saver! Seriously. It almost makes it MORE fun. And I am presently getting stuff printed at Persnickety Prints.

Now next year, I think I'm going to do a book, but what do you do? with all of your digital pages?
    Visit My Blog

13. Every single one of my pages gets printed in an album. Vacation pages get separate albums. Each grandchild gets a yearly album given to them on their birthday. December Daily pages get printed in an album each year. I always have an album that is a work in progress, like an album for flower photography or a Paper Doll album, etc. You could say I am as addicted to printing albums as I am to creating the pages in the first place!

I've mainly used Shutterfly to print my albums, but, have also used some other services like Photobook America and My Publisher, too. I love to use Groupon coupons for different print services.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

14. Quote Originally Posted by CathyZielske View Post

I've been a digital scrapbooker for almost 10 years and for 7 of them, I never printed a single layout. I considered it my art and my self-expression. Then I won a Project Life original kit from Becky Higgins and sort of did a year of Project Life, printing photos and using the core kit. The next year I did it more hybrid -- designed each pocket digitally, printed and put in pocket protectors.

Since the beginning of 2013, I've done it all digital and printed via Persnickety Prints. I buy credits (50 at a time) and then just have to pay shipping every other month when I get my pages printed, then slip them in an album. I like doing it this way vs. printing in a book because we can look at the album in progress vs. having to wait to the end of the year to see the pages. Plus, I know myself and my tendency not to print and I like having those print credits and knowing I can print at any time.

15. Hi Everyone.... your not going to believe where I've been today.... I got to go to an OHIO State football game... I'll scrap and post next week Mamaw turns 91 tomorrow so we have company...
    I'll have to read everyones comments tomorrow!!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Quote Originally Posted by CathyZielske View Post

My list would be rather long, but a paper that I find myself using A LOT is Arctic Whites Paper Pack No 2
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Quote Originally Posted by CathyZielske View Post
    Another question, and this is coming from me, a newer fully digital scrapbooker.

Now I am loving doing Project Life digitally. Holy time saver! Seriously. It almost makes it MORE fun. And I am presently getting stuff printed at Persnickety Prints.

Now next year, I think I'm going to do a book, but what do you do? with all of your digital pages?
    Last year I printed my PL off as a bound album through Shutterfly. I plan on printing off my next album with Persnickety Prints! I've printed nearly 200 of my digital pages through Persnickety Prints and I am eager to get more! They are hands down #1!!! I've compared my Shutterfly books next to PP and I am shocked at the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
    Since the beginning of 2013, I've done it all digital and printed via Persnickety Prints. I buy credits (50 at a time) and then just have to pay shipping every other month when I get my pages printed, then slip them in an album. I like doing it this way vs. printing in a book because we can look at the album in progress vs. having to wait to the end of the year to see the pages. Plus, I know myself and my tendency not to print and I like having those print credits and knowing I can print at any time.
    A very smart idea! Here's what I've started doing...

When I complete a LO, I upload it to persnickety, this way I know what I need to order. Once the sale comes (soon) I will order them along with some more print credits!

I do a hybrid project life. I regularly do a digi 6x12 day in the life page or a digi template (love CZ's!) to add to my PL binder. I have them printed at Persnickety Prints along with my photos every two or three months.

20. Cathy.... no company here yet..... I print my pages..... I use to print 12 x 12 and scrap 12 x 12.....in 2011 I made the switch to 8 x 8....I print at Persnickety and I love the 8 x 8's and I really love Persnickety Prints!!!!

21. ps the credits are really good.... if you are unsure do a quick print test.... IE print a few pages both ways to see what you like before the next sale

My favorite product that I can live with out are are digital brushes. About the layouts make a book, is a good opcion but please make a copy of the files in case something happens to the books. Cathy a question, how can we make the munbers that you have in your layout with the 44...in Pse 9? Itīs possible make them in Pse?

Merrilee, you've got it down! Love hearing how people put their stuff into tangible albums!
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Isabel MS View Post
    My favorite product that I can live with out are are digital brushes. About the layouts make a book, is a good opcion but please make a copy of the files in case something happens to the books. Cathy a question, how can we make the munbers that you have in your layout with the 44...in Pse 9? Itīs possible make them in Pse?
    You sure can! You just need to create a new Text box with the Horizontal Type Tool. Drag a box about the size you want your numbers to be, type them in and choose a font!
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MINIDEB View Post
    Cathy.... no company here yet..... I print my pages..... I use to print 12 x 12 and scrap 12 x 12.....in 2011 I made the switch to 8 x 8....I print at Persnickety and I love the 8 x 8's and I really love Persnickety Prints!!!!
    I have loved their quality too!
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by KimR+ View Post
    My list would be rather long, but a paper that I find myself using A LOT is Arctic Whites Paper Pack No 2
    Oh, I love those too!
    Visit My Blog

Wow, Mer - you are really good! I need to get going on my printing but keep putting it off!!

One of my first DD kits was Alandia Rancheros and I love the papers in it and several of the pieces. I go back to it all the time!

This is such an interesting thread - I've been popping in and out throughout the day. Now I'm working on a page!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I love the Just Linen papers too! LOVE the texture! I think I am going to love the burlap as well... got them, but haven't used them yet.

Great idea Kim, to download them to Persnickety, when you are done doing them.... that way they are ready to go in a moment.... I have done Shutterfly in the past, but bought a whole pile of credits at PP's last sale, although I hate to admit, I haven't printed anything yet.... I loved that JenD made a custom cover for her PL album and I am going to do that for my album this year too, that's why I decided on PP for this album.... now if I could only get "caught up".... :P

Kim, what difference did you find between Shutterfly and Persnickety? I'd love to hear someone's pros and cons, who has printed from both.....

I have been a fan of yours, ever since you joined the scrapbooking mothership years ago ... before the digital days! I remember your being in the CK Hall of Fame, and it was you who have kept my interest going for so many years! I have always loved your clean and graphic layouts, and I often go to those for inspiration. Thank you so much for the freebies! I will most definitely put those to use somewhere in my PL project! You rock, girl!

Thanks to everyone who joined in this chat forum today! I'll be choosing a random winner of a $10 Gift Certificate to the store shortly. Katie will contact the winner.

Have a great night and I hope you get to take advantage of the sale and stock up on scrap goodies that you love.

Thanks, everyone!
    Visit My Blog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast