Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Creative Cloud $9.99 Bundle For Photographers Announced - PS & LR

Oh, that is bad news, Sarah! I was banking on qualifying.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

2. I didn't qualify either. I tried the serial numbers for both CS3 and CS5. I don't know whether there is a glitch in the system or what.
    I decided to just order CS6 and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by sterkeurs View Post
    I'm so sad, I just tried to do this and it said that I don't qualify. They don't specify why. Maybe because I have an Educational version? Or because I am in Canada? Has anyone else had troubles or did not qualify for this offer?
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Funny, I am not even that interested in the new PS version as I am pretty happy with what I have, but I was considering LR and so this seemed like such a perfect option. $19.99 is just over my budget for something that is only for my hobby.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

4. The $9.99 deal is not available to those who used the educational discount to purchase their PS.... which is kind of mean because lots of people use that educational discount.

I use PSE but have been following this Creative Cloud issue. Some are really embracing it but it seems most are not thrilled.

Just an update on this thread. It appears this offer is now for anyone and you don't have to own any previous program. I hope it is worth it for me. Offer expires 12/31. Requires a 1-year commitment. Hope that helps anyone thinking about the cloud.

When I signed up just over a month ago, there was a 30 day trial still!! After that I believe is the one year commitment!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

7. i signed up for the $9.99 a month for a year commitment that lets me use the latest CS and Lightroom versions. I am really enjoying CS and I didn't think I would ever need anything more than PSE. I haven't even downloaded the LR 5 yet. I have LR 4 and thought I'd wait until I'm more caught up organizing my photos in LR 4 before I upgrade.

In the meantime, I'll leave my PSE 11 and my LR 4 on my computer in case I decide not to subscribe to the Creative Cloud at the end of the year.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Quote Originally Posted by esther_a View Post
    Maureen, do you also have a license for CS3 or above? That is one of the stipulations. I'm not sure what that means for people who have had PSE instead.
    Esther that stipulation looks to have been taken away now, one of my friends alerted me to it when I mentioned I was still on CS2. From the FAQ:

* I own an earlier version of Lightroom but not Photoshop. Do I qualify for the Photoshop Photography Program offer?
    * Yes, this offer is available to anyone until December 31, 2013. There are no previous product ownership requirements.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Yes, I posted that question back in September before this offer came out.
    It is a good deal now. I wonder what the price will be next week?!
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4

Well, you've got to love a "limited time" offer! First it was just for thanksgiving, then it was until Dec 31, now it's until March 31st!
    https://creative.adobe.com/plans/off...shop+lightroom
    It is a good deal, and still no requirement to have a previous version of CS. So you can still "rush in" and nab a deal
    I haven't yet because my versions of Photoshop and LR are quite recent. But I'm enjoying sitting on the fence watching the "limited time" being redefined!

Oy vey. I haven't jumped in yet either, but I really MIGHT do it now......Hmmm thanks for passing on that info!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

12. I jumped on this offer because I never had CS before! I love having CS. I already had LR 4, but, now, I have LR 5, too.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I jumped on the opportunity a few months ago! I already had CS5 and LR3, but I heard that with the newer versions of PS/CC you could use presets from LR in PS! I still haven't played with that yet though, LOL!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I have CS6 and only use LR for organizing, my version 3 is good enough for that I don't know why I would want to go spend all that money every month....
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Since I am taking the Artistry class and I don't have Lightroom, I tool a look, and lo and behold the offer is good until May 31st now. I have never used Lightroom and I have PSE12, so I don't know that I will do this, but I might!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

16. Quote Originally Posted by ValerieP View Post
    Since I am taking the Artistry class and I don't have Lightroom, I tool a look, and lo and behold the offer is good until May 31st now. I have never used Lightroom and I have PSE12, so I don't know that I will do this, but I might!
    Valerie, I think it is a very good deal! I was using PE 11 and LR 4. I joined the Adobe Cloud for $9.99 a month so I could have access to CS for the first time and the LR 5 upgrade. I am very pleased I did it because CS is really nice. The Artistry class is helping me learn all the possibilities of CS that I would never figure out on my own!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Valerie with my new computer up and running I signed up to then CC photoshop and LR. I haven't worked out even how to start using LR yet. Baby steps for me.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12