Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Creative Cloud $9.99 Bundle For Photographers Announced - PS & LR

Adobe Creative Cloud $9.99 Bundle For Photographers Announced - PS & LR

Just announced at Photoshop World is a $9.99 price for Photoshop and Lightroom. More information is on Terry White's Blog. http://terrywhite.com/adobe-creative...otoshop-world/
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

2. That's interesting, isn't it?
    Stinks that we have to make a decision so soon about it. I'm still on the fence.
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Right now I'm happy with my LR5 since it's primarily for Digi Storage so it will be interesting to see what comes with the LR5.2 as i understand it's called. (this makes me think it's not enough to call it LR6 or maybe they'll just stick with 5 and add subsets e.g. 5.2, 5.3 etc ????)
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

For 10US$ I'm more interested. Especially since it is permanent and not a limited time offer. (not that that can't change at any moment).

It wil be available in a few weeks as I read it...when they revise LR5.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

That's my understanding Uma. It's nice to see Adobe reading the mood of their customers!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

That is so exciting! I'm using Photoshop CC for $10/mo, and thrilled that I get to stay current on LR too!

That is much more reasonable. It is still more than I have paid in the past - as I get the software at the education price.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Thanks, Maureen, for bringing this to our attention. Is there a thread here where DD'ers discuss the pros and cons of signing up for the Creative Cloud? I'm strictly a Photoshop girl (I don't use other Adobe products), so the $10.00/month price sounds reasonable, although like Esther I get Photoshop at an academic price. However, I can't get past the idea that with CC I am simply renting Photoshop and that if I ever need to unsubscribe then I lose the ability to open my .psd files (I'm assuming the worst case here, that upgrades to Photoshop and thus my files would not be backwards compatible with my existing I-Own-The-License copy of Photoshop). I value the opinions of you all so much and would love to hear what other DD'ers are going to do.

Has anyone explored alternatives to Photoshop?
    Shirley
    "I never met a mouse I didn't like."
    (with apologies to Will Rogers)
    My Gallery

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

I just got off the phone with Adobe Direct sales and they said it has not been worked out exactly who will quality. Terry White's site, in the Q&A said that only previous owners of PS (back to version 3) would qualify...and that CS owners would not??? that is why I called. seemed weird to me. She said it has not been totally worked out. It will go live on the 17th of September. They are supposed to call me back. I'll be sure to post whatever they tell me here. It will be available until December 31st and will be a permanent (HA) price for those who commit before the 31st.

So I have a question for those who are using the Adobe Cloud option currently. What happens if you are not on line with wifi? or some other online connection...

AS IN MAINE!! can I still use the software?
    just call me Uma

BUT I'm not gonna!

Hey, Uma,

Here is something from Adobe's CC FAQ sheet that might address your question:

Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Adobe® Creative Cloud™ desktop applications?

No. Your Creative Cloud desktop applications (such as Adobe® Photoshop® and Illustrator®) are installed directly on your computer, so you won't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.

An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your desktop apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

For annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

So, it looks like you need to have access to the internet for the initial software download, and then you have to be able to connect every 30 days for the software license to be validated by Adobe.
    Shirley
    My Gallery

Excellent. Thanks, Shirley. JUST what I needed to know.
    just call me Uma

BUT I'm not gonna!

12. Now that the price is more realistic- it seems to me the biggest issue is the access to your files if you stop subscribing--- no one at Adobe can seem to answer that...

I've been using Photoshop CC for about a month. It's been seamless. It operates and feels exactly like my previous version. However, every now and then, I'll see an update waiting for me, and I'll just download when my computer is quiet. I have total access to my native files. They are stored locally and they are mine - even if I'm not subscribed. I have mine living on my external, and backed up to other drives, so there's no way Adobe can take them away. (You save your files wherever you want just like always.) If I uninstalled PS, the PSD files would not work without PS (which you would expect). But the jpegs work just like always. The software is installed locally. It's just that I always get the latest goodies that Adobe develops.

For $10 / month for two programs, I see no downside. I still think it's less than I would have spent if I had kept current with LR (which I like to do) and buy every other version or so of PS. I have been very pleased.

I have to retract what I said before! I bought LR2 and CS4 back in 2010 at education prices. Since then I have upgraded to LR4 and LR5. That has cost me an average of $14 per month in that time and I haven't even upgraded to CS6.
    I will have to join the crowd and join the cloud!
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4

Wow....I had seen a special $9.99 a month offer for single app just a few weeks ago, even live chatted with Adobe to figure out if there was any way to include lightroom. At that time, there was not without going to the much more expensive plan. This is really exciting, and I expect to be on the bandwagon when it is released!
    Connie

I still have a hard time accepting that if I joined, and then stopped the subscription I would no longer have access to these programs. I see that as a downside.

However, since I do have dvd copies of my LR5 and PSE11 programs, I figure as long as they work with my operating system - and that will probably become an issue in the future - I'll stick with them.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Maureen, do you also have a license for CS3 or above? That is one of the stipulations. I'm not sure what that means for people who have had PSE instead.

18. Quote Originally Posted by esther_a View Post
    Maureen, do you also have a license for CS3 or above? That is one of the stipulations. I'm not sure what that means for people who have had PSE instead.
    The way I read it, this offer for the $9.99 price is available only to those who already own CS3 or above. That lets me out since I use PSE 11 and Lightroom 4. The only way I can use their cloud service is to purchase CS6 and then choose one of the plans at a cost of more than this special $9.99.

I just hope they continue to offer PSE as a stand alone product and also Lightroom, which I love. I am going to upgrade to LR 5 real soon here because I fear in the near future they may offer it only to cloud members.

That said, I am glad they made this special offer to all of you CS users!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

No I don't have any recent CS. I had the original one (after Photoshop 7) but it was out of my mental, and emotional, league at that time. I've waffled about getting CS6 because I too can get the student price but really I've come to realize I really don't want to learn any more than I have. PSE does all I need or want and probably more!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks everyone for all this great information. Will definitely be considering this.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

This is a result of the initial price of CC being too high. I believe that if we still refuse to buy it at this new price, they will have to go back to offering a physical product, and I truly hope that this will happen. I dislike not having a product that I own myself, and that I can use for as long as I want...

So I gues that what I'm saying is this... Hang in there, and wait until they change their opinion about this cloud thing as the only way to buy adobe products
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

Weighing in again. This is as good as it gets for price it's a phenomenal deal. CC didn't have a good option for photographers with the previous pricing strategy. They listened to us and responded by including LR. As a long time Photoshop/LR user, I couldn't ask for more than $5/month each for TWO pro photographer systems. And I get 20 gigs of online storage and can always have access to the latest features. If I ever decide to quit, I still have CS4 sitting on my computer, or I can buy Elements.

Myra, so it's true that you can still use your current Photoshop version after you subscribe?
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Yes, Amy, my CS4 version of Photoshop is fully functional even with my subscription. There is no problem opening PSDs. This is a SCREAMING deal for someone like me, who loves having the latest versions. The thought of monthly releases of new features gets me a little giddy.

I love the idea of having access to all the latest and greatest features (the new camera shake feature sounds tailor-made for someone who has, shall we say, an affinity for caffeine! ) but then I remember that should I ever have to terminate my subscription, I would no longer have access to any of those, even the ones I'd been paying for, even the ones I'd gotten used to using. If Adobe would let people keep the upgrades they been using up until such time as they might have to terminate their subscription, I'd be all over this. Guess I'll keep thinking...
    Shirley
    My Gallery

26. Ok I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this but what if you have multiple computers? Will it work on everyone you have in the house or is there a limit?

It's licensed for two computers just like the regular photoshop. I use it in my desktop and laptop.

I have read through everything here and the way i understand it is you download the program to your computer. You get updates when you are connected. If you are not connected to wifi you can still use it. THerefore the program is on your actual pc. Don't you have it then. Like own it. If say you decided to stop the subscription does it expire after a certain while ?
    my blog
    my gallery

Tools of the trade :
    Nikon chick D700 D200 D70
    lenses : 70-200;18-70 50mm 1.4 85mm 1.8 18-200 Flashing chick SB800
    macbookpro chick
    The chick needs - Nikon 24-70 2.8 ed & nikon 70-200 !

This is not owning. This is leasing. You have to "check in" every month on a monthly subscription, and every three months on an annual subscription for it to continue working... So if you stop your subscription and go off the internet, you will have access three more months at most. If you don't go off the internet, it will quit working at once.

I would love it if adobe could make some kind of pay-off solution, so that if you have subscribed for, say, a minimum of two years, you will get the previous version to use if you decide to stop subscribing. (Oh, sorry Shirley, I just saw that you have already worked out this solution Apparently great minds... Any way one of us could work our way into the Adobe company? )
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

I'm so sad, I just tried to do this and it said that I don't qualify. They don't specify why. Maybe because I have an Educational version? Or because I am in Canada? Has anyone else had troubles or did not qualify for this offer?
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast