Thread: Debating on a new lens

Hybrid View

Debating on a new lens

I've started saving for a new lens but I am not sure of which one I should get! There are SO many options! As of now I have three lenses (list in my signature). I'm sure I don't really need another one, but photography is just so fun, I would like more, LOL! I've rented the macro 100 mm f/2.8 before as well as the 70-200 f/2.8 What other lenses do you just love and can't live without? Ever since I did my SIL's newborn photos last week I've had two inquiry's about more sessions. One newborn and one family. Feeling a bit out of my league here. KWIM?
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I'm a Nikon gal, but my most favorite lens is the 70-200 f/2.8. However, it definitely is not an indoor lens. You already have a good selection. My 105mm macro is also great because it does double duty - macro and a great portrait lens.

I do believe photography is the most expensive hobby I've ever had, and top that off with scrapping, I just don't see retirement ever in my future.
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

I agree! Photography is a rather expensive hobby!! So glad that scrapbooking and photography go hand in hand!

Love both the lenses you mentioned. I bought the Macro first and then got the 70-200 this spring. It is a hard choice!!!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

5. My husband surprised me with the 70-200 this summer and I have been loving it! I can't wait to try it this winter in the gym for action shots during basketball games. Good luck in your choice!
    LeAnne

Oh LeAnne what a wonderful surprise!! I've rented the 70-200 for dance recitals! It is amazing! I was actually wishing I has it last night! We have fires in the county over so the moon was a bloody moon. My 85 just wasn't cutting it!

7. I used my friend's 70-200 at a dance competition this past spring and I loved the shots I was able to get....that sealed the deal!
    LeAnne