Thread: Refreshing Fonts?

Refreshing Fonts?

Does anyone know how to refresh the font list in PSE without having to close it down? I'm always finding new fonts that I like while I'm scrapping but the only way I can get them to show in my Text tool is to close the entire program down and then reopen it; at that point, the new fonts show up. It drives me crazy to shut it all down just to use a new font! Thanks!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v9, ACDSee Pro
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

2. I hope that someone does know a way to do this because I am not aware of anyway to do this.
    Teresa

I don't know why but my new fonts do appear while I'm using Photoshop, I don't need to close and open. I'm on a Mac and PSE6.

I make sure I'm not on the text tool. Then I add the font to 'font book'. Then if I choose the text tool, my new font is there. Not sure if it works all the time, but I just tested it out by downloading a new font and it worked fine.

Wish I could think why it works for me, and not for other people.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Not being in the Text tool must be the answer. I tried it and it worked that way for me, too! Thanks so much, Chrissy!!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v9, ACDSee Pro
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket