Thread: Compact Flash Card failure- any help?

Hybrid View

Compact Flash Card failure- any help?

Has anyone ever had to recover the images from a compact flash card? Mine stopped working on the boat, naturally.

I believe there are recovery options....some software which helps.

Does anyone have experience with this and could you give me any advice?

Thanks.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

During your searching have you ran across www.cardrecovery.com .. haven't used it personally but sounds reasonable .. has recommendations from PCWorld and Nikon.
    Gail

Hey GAIL!! Thanks for this tip. It's windows only so I will search for something like this for the Mac. The local computer store has a software to check and see if they can recover the files but they charge $40 for one Compact Flash transferred to a disc. Hope I can find my own software to try. Thank you so much for your help.
    just call me Uma

BUT I'm not gonna!

I found the MAC version. Nothing to be seen on my card. Bummer. thanks for your help.

LESSON LEARNED: Do not use card when battery is so low. Do not try to change modes when camera is recording.

Better learned now than in India, eh??
    just call me Uma

BUT I'm not gonna!

5. omgosh. I do this all the time. Thanks for the tip. Sorry nothing could be recovered.

There is software called zeroassumption that can recover images even after a card is formatted.. I've used it several times successfully and if you're only recovering photos it's free :-) It will even recover part of a photo. Good luck

Ughhh.. just realized it doesn't have a Mac version.. but here's one that's supposed to be as good www.mac-photorecovery.com
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

7. I will keep this one file just in case I should need it . . . fingers crossed that I won't need it!!

this is one smart group of gals . . . always a great answer no matter what the question.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac