Thread: Persnickity Print Girls

Persnickity Print Girls

I am seriously considering doing a 3 ring binder with my odds and end pages. I have 998 pages in my gallery and I really would like to have some of them in one place for my guys to look at when they come home rather than having to gather around the computer and search through my gallery for certain pages. I know several of you have made the binders so can you tell me
    1. Do you use a certain type of page inserts? And, 2. Is the sale worth waiting for?
    ~Kelly

I switched over to a 3 ring binder several years ago after using post binders for most of my pre-digi scrapping albums. I truly prefer the 3 ring because I scrap chronologically but sometimes surprise myself with getting something done out of order. It's very easy to slip in a page protector for just that reason. I also use the page protectors from scrapbook.com. You can buy them in packs of 50 made by Memory book. 50 page protectors equal 100 pages. It costs about $20 for those 50 pages as well. And the sale at Persnickety is awesome. After our summer vacations I just wait for that sale to come around to print out my 100+ pages or so. You also at that time can buy print credits to use later which I've also done. Hope this helps!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

I have always printed single pages... I scrap chronologically but I like having my pages safely behind plastic

The sale is absolutely worth it. I print during the sale and then I buy print credits to last me until the next sale. Usually, when you buy print credits you get an additional percentage off... it really makes it worth it. I have never paid retail for any of my pages. Honestly, I print too many to be able to afford it! Especially with Project Life.

I always forget when the sale is... but I think it is Spring and Fall. I get an email to remind me... but I am sure you could check their FB or website.

These are the albums I use.
    http://www.amazon.com/New-Storybook-...ug+12X12+album

I get them at Archiver's and generally wait for a sale or a coupon What can I say... I'm CHEAP!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Perhaps get a couple of pages printed now which will really sell you on their product which is amazing, so you'll have no hesitation to wait for their next sale and buy a zillion print credits.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

it's definitely worth it. The printing job is awesome and the price is really good. I also get the print credits
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thanks so much! Lorna and Jen your info has sold me on waiting for the sale, but Carol, getting one or two printed might not be a bad idea either. Lorna thanks for the insight on the protectors and Jen, thanks so much for the info on the binder I hadn't even thought about that part. Jen, I never buy anything full price. It sounds like print credits is the way to go. I signed up for their emails. :O)
    ~Kelly

It will get you excited for sure Kelly just seeing how amazing they are.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Kelly - what they said! Absolutely wait for the sale for a big purchase. The sales are usually in April and October but if you call they will tell you.

I suggest uploading about 10 to make your $5 shipping worth it and if (HA) you're satisfied, start uploading more of your files now. During the sale they are swamped by people buying prints but if you have your photos already up and ready, you'll be ahead of the game. You can get your photos printed at the sale price AND buy future credits. I just get a 3 ring binder at Michaels etc with a 50% coupon. I only have three binders so it's not a big deal.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

9. Kelly.... I'm going to ditto all of the above... but I would add a test of the 8 x 8 size if you don't have any printed yet.... you might decide you like it a lot and you can but 8 x 8's in ring binders as well the same as above.... it takes the prints to $1 and .75 with the coupon..... I did a 20 dollar test with the $5 shipping ... if you upload on Monday you should have your "test" back in a week......I switched to 8 x 8's 3 years ago and I won't go back!!!!... added benefit you can print a page at home if you have an emergency need for the page....
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Defiantly worth the wait! I started buying from Persnickity at their last sale! I was so impressed! I put my shuuerfly book next to my Persnickity prints and I was shocked at how much shutterfly cut off. I have the same albums as Jen, but I ordered them from Amazon (love prime). I also order my page protectors from amazon.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

YES to everything all of these ladies have said and I would add that their customer service is superb!
    Debbie

Oh man, after all of your enthusiasm, I want it NOW! lol I will start uploading and have things ready. Thanks so much for all the advice and information. :O)
    ~Kelly

Kelly I'm sure their sale will be soon! I ordered for the first time in May I believe. If your getting antsy, order a batch now, and then order a ton when the sale rolls around!

I'm still printing at home on my Epson R1900. The pages are beautiful, but I'm sure I'm spending more than need be. I think I'll try them on the next sale too. I think Jana mentioned once that she reduces her pages to 11.75 to avoid any cut off, do you gals do that too?

I love persnickety prints and I also buy print credits.
    I also use Scrapping Simply when they have a sale.
    The quality is great from both companies!

As far as page protectors I just have a hodge podge right now, but the slight differences are not very noticeable. Again, it's all about what's on sale! My boys love flipping through their 3 ring bingers. I need to get an order placed. I have 25 print credits ready to go at Persnickety!

Nancy, I have not noticed a problem with cut off with either of the companies I mentioned.
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

The "no cutoffs" that you all have mentioned is a big one for me. I've only made one 8x8 book with odds and ends pages (to test a company) and I don't like the book because the pages are all cropped. Thats one of the reasons I love Lynn's templates as they usually have a nice sized border around them that work great for my vacation books. :O)
    ~Kelly

I've never noticed any "cut off" with Persnickety or ScrappingSimply. With albums, however, there's always something cut off -- I just try to keep everything important away from the edge if it's going in a bound album.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Go for it Kelly - you won't regret it. Persnickety's customer service is A1 and the quality is amazing. No cut-off on any of my pages from them.
    The other benefit I like from them, is that I regularly upload my pages to my folders there and use it as another back up source. At any stage, I can go into my folder, right click on a page and save it back to my computer at full resolution.
    I use 12x12 page protectors from We R Memory Keepers and also from Becky Higgins. I have actually found the We R Memory Keepers ones to be better in my opinion.
    Jenelle

My Gallery

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

19. Persnickety is the only way to go!!! Not only is their quality fabulous, their customer service is amazing and they are fast! (just got an order today that I placed on Thursday!) I found it to be much less expensive than printing on my Epson at home- (anyone want to buy an Epson Pro-3800??? I started using Persnickety right after I bought the printer- it has hardly been used- most of the ink cartridges are still mostly full! I can't say enough good things about Persnickety - watch around Labor Day for a sale- seems to always be around a holiday----

Thanks you guys! Sounds like I might get lucky with a sale soon. I'll start uploading to my account. Jennelle, I've been researching the page protectors so thanks for that, too. :O)
    ~Kelly

I use the We Are Memory Keepers page protectors too, Kelly, they are nice and sturdy. Not all page protectors are created equal, some can be pretty flimsy. I am so happy to hear you don't have to change the size of your page for printing. My Epson R1900 always cuts some off the edges, which I've just learned to live with, but hearing Persnickety doesn't has sold me!

I save my pages by date and then the title following. It is wonderful with Persnickity since they print the file name on the back of the page/photo! It is perfect to file my pages in the protectors chronologically!

Right now on the PP website, they have an 8x8 deal, 50 pages for $37. That's only 74 cents a page. Quite a deal!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

I love PP too I got my whole PL printed last year using print credits. I would just pay shipping 2-3 times a year and get a batch printed! I buy a bunch of credits at each sale and just print when I'm ready! I buy albums at Michaels, and page protectors on Amazon. We R memory keepers are the ones Ive been using. Those albums Jen posted look really nice though...
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

Well, I'm sold. I ordered my Thankful pages in the 8x8 size since they were on sale and I'm very impressed. Thanks so much for everyone's input. :O)
    ~Kelly

They are quick aren't they.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Their quality is amazing! Customer service is top notch! Delivery times are outstanding!