Thread: Instagram printing

Hybrid View

Instagram printing

Yes yes, I'm still on the subject of Instagram, my newest favourite love.

So I'm going to print some of my favourites through Persnickety and I like the 3x4 option (kind of makes me feel like they'll be little swap cards) and looking at their website now there are printing finishing options : Glossy, linen, matte, pearl and soft texture art.

I know it will come down to personal preference, but being that I've never printed my instagram pics before I don't know what my preference will be. Anyone used this and thoughts about the finishes that you've chosen?

Thanks!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Just adding I've just seen the link on their site pointing to List Girl and her comparisons, so have had a read too. Still interested from observations from our ladies here.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

3. I hope that you get some good advice . . . I too am very new to Instagram and would love to see a photo of the prints you choose, Carol.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

I have only added Instagram photos to my Project Life... but haven't had any printed individually. I was thinking about printing a giant collage of my favorites... but haven't decided. I think I am going to make a few magnets

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Okay well I'm thinking I am just going to go with matte and be done with it. I'll let you know how I go.

I see that you can download your instagram pics if they haven't saved to your camera roll through instagram me or some such site. I tried it the other night and all was fine, yes they all downloaded. But I noticed they were at a lower resolution that those I had saved and saved directly from my phone camera. I'm thinking that being that the prints are small it won't really matter that much, but just something I thought I'd share.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Inwas going to suggest matte!! Persnickity was on the way of my errands I'd stop by for you. Looks like you found comparisons somewhere!! (Persnickity is in the valley south of us....I don't make it down there often)
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I plan on ordering an Insta Poster soon from Persnickety! (favorite summer instagrams)
    I have seen some really cool ones on Instagram! I will let you know how it turns out!
    Amy Mallory