Thread: Tagging

Question Tagging

Am I the only one who puts off tagging new purchases?

Seems like I can buy, buy, buy.... but actually logging them in Organizer takes me forever. Which logically is pretty stupid because unless I know they are there, I don't use them. Well unless I bought something for a specific layout.

Even writing it out, I feel like an idiot.

I need to be better at tagging.

Maybe if I write it enough, I'll actually talk myself into it, eh?
    aka Sarah

My Tools: 1 Awesome 20" iMac, a Canon Rebel T3i, a Canon G12, and an iPhone 4S
    iPhoto, Aperture, PSE 9, Organizer

I'm with you on this one.......BUT I now have a golden rule which is that I won't allow myself to use a single product on a page until it's filed, imported into Organiser and tagged!!! It is a pain, but we all know how beneficial it is on the longterm!! Get tagging!!!!
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

I do the very same thing. I try to tag at least once a week. If I do that 20-30 minutes I can knock it out

Quote Originally Posted by mamabean View Post
    I'm with you on this one.......BUT I now have a golden rule which is that I won't allow myself to use a single product on a page until it's filed, imported into Organiser and tagged!!! It is a pain, but we all know how beneficial it is on the longterm!! Get tagging!!!!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

I got so far behind when my ACDSee locked up on me. I downloaded and purchased the newer version and tagged for what seemed like ages. Since then, I don't unzip a product with out tagging it. I've also started tagging just the things I know I will use a lot. Such as papers, banners, buttons, masks, etc!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Totally!! I try to make a time once a week to tag everything in my new purchases folder, but sometimes I miss a week and it just gets so daunting!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

It's just not a "fun" task, like scrapbooking... or buying.... right?!?!?!
    aka Sarah

I am so behind on tagging, but at least if I search a word I can usually find what I want, but I fear I will never finish tagging.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I use the search method too!
    aka Sarah

I tag a product as soon as I unzip the folder also. I know if I let myself get behind it will be a very long process getting caught up.
    Cindy

Camera-Canon EOS Rebel T3i
    Software: PSE11
    ACDSee14
    Platform: PC
    Silhouette Cameo

Cindy, planning a holiday to Australia any time soon? Free room and board here for you
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

LOL I truly would love to visit Australia! I am newer to digi and I have learned a lot from reading what all of you ladies have experienced! So far I have been able to keep up but that might be because I am retired! I do watch my grandchildren though. In the summer I have them 3-4 days a week.
    Cindy

Camera-Canon EOS Rebel T3i
    Software: PSE11
    ACDSee14
    Platform: PC
    Silhouette Cameo

I am behind on tagging right now. Generally though, I usually tag as I purchase. Makes life a little simpler. When I do get behind, I make the rule I can't scrap a single page until tagging is finished.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

I'm probably the only one that uses the Adobe Bridge but my process would probably work with any system. Every month I create a new folder named for the month. All the new freebies or goodies I buy go in the folder for the month. Through the month I tag them through the Bridge and at the end of the month when they are all tagged I mix into my regular storing system.

The other nice thing about putting them in a folder for the month is I can quickly find my new stuff!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

I am with Sharon except my folder goes into my Lightroom Digi Catalog. I unzip my downloads pretty quickly because DD supplies do not have the name of the product in the zip file. They're too easy to keep track of otherwise. Once unzipped, I usually do those new folders each week, putting the preview image ON the folder, and then putting those pretty folders into that monthly folder which has the standard empty folders I use - Designer name or store. At the end of the month, my supplies are already organized, and that whole folder goes into LR to be tagged. As I tag each category, I move the items WITHIN LR to their proper Master Folder. This process moves them on my hard drive so I never have to wonder if something is in LR or not. I'm still way far behind with the .pngs that are now visible.

But some days it's just a nice mindless task that is fun because you are looking at your goodies and always finding things you forgot about. At least I am! btw, I have cut down on my buying because I am seeing just how much I do have and like.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Oh my Lord, I would never scrap again then, if that was my rule! ha.

Quote Originally Posted by MIDA78466 View Post
    I am behind on tagging right now. Generally though, I usually tag as I purchase. Makes life a little simpler. When I do get behind, I make the rule I can't scrap a single page until tagging is finished.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Isn't the search feature a Mac app?

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17