Thread: Kiawah Resort

1. Kiawah Resort

I went to Kiawah Resort, SC almost three summers ago with my family and cousins. One night we took pictures along the beach and I got wonderful results. Last April in their brochure they send bi-annually, they asked if anyone had pictures from their vacation there. That they would likely use them in their upcoming brochure. So I sent several of our photos into them. I heard from them a few days later and they loved one that I sent. They have since used it on not only their brochure but they made a huge postcard from it. Whenever a resort guests returns home a week later they receive our postcard inviting them back.
    Today I went to their site. It's been updated. Guess who's picture is on the front page? MINE! Check it out here: Kiawah Resort It's the one of the kids facing the beach. My two girls are on the left side. *Sigh* my how they've grown.
    Just wanted to toot my own horn. TFL!
    Kris

My Camera: Canon 50D, 50 mm 1.8, 18-55mm, 75-300mm and Canon 18-200mm EF-S IS Lens
    My Software: PSP X & PSCS2

Congratulations! That would be exciting (though they should pay you a fortune for that photo!) I love the light in it.

That is so cool! It's a gorgeous photo!
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

4. How exciting!!! Beautiful photo!
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

what a gorgeous photo! way to go!

6. My gosh, Kris, that photo is the BEST! No wonder they put it on their web page! It is sensational!

I'm checking out the resort, too. My dh loves golf vacations. I go along for the scenery and the beach.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

oh my, that photo is AMAZING! I agree, they SHOULD be paying you a fortune for it! wow!

How cool is that! It is a great photo!!! Cool cool!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

9. Gorgeous photo Kris! Isn't it nice to be validated as a "real" photographer.
    Jill

DD Gallery

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
    Camera: Canon Rebel XT
    Lenses: 50 mm 1.8, 18-55 mm, 75-300

10. Fabulous photo! Congrats!

elliottsurf Guest
    Kris,

That is gorgeous. Congrats to you. The cousins will treasure that photo for when they are older!

How exciting for you! Your photo is lovely-I can see why they wanted to use it! This deserves a big WAHOO!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Wow!!! What a gorgeous photo... and how exciting to have others really appreciate it too!! Fabulous!! Excited for you!

14. that is SO cool, kris!!!
    -- Caroline

blog
    gallery

Nikon D50, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6
    Photoshop CS3

15. Quality photo!!!

Kris,

The lighting on this photo is wonderful, the colors pull on each other and how very EXCITING for you to see it on their website!!! CONGRATS. They know quality when they see it!