Thread: Finally daring to introduce myself

Finally daring to introduce myself

Hello there,

I'm Els (call me Ellie) and I live in Belgium. I've been an observing member for a while, but haven't dared to actively join in. Today I changed that The fact that I'm sitting at home with pneumonia has probably helped...

I'm 24 years old and my main profession is teaching. I teach primary school (in Belgium 6-12 year olds) at the moment I teach 7-yearolds and I'm loving it. As a side-profession I train dogs. I go to peoples homes and teach them how to educate their dog.

I started scrapbooking in 2006, traditional and hybrid scrapping. I've always been creative and am (since I was twelve!) the family photographer so making beautiful LO's for my memories. Unfortunately scrapbooking wasn't very known in Belgium, so at first the products were limited. It steadil changed and my siter and I started a Crop with some friends. We scrap almost every month.

A year ago, I went completely digital. From one day to the next. I sold all my stash and went digital. I haven't regretted it for one minute! I love the digital possibilities and the space-saving. I started following Designer Digitals and other digital designers and have recently taken my first class from Jana Morton.

I'm loving it and want to keep on learning and preserving memories.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! I am glad you came out of the shadows and hope you decide to share some of your work in the gallery

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Welcome to DD, Ellie! It's so nice to be introduced to you! I hope you will continue to post here so we can get to know you better and see some of your layouts! Isn't it awesome to be the family memory keeper (and a daunting task at the same time!)?
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Welcome to DD -- so glad you introduced yourself, and I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Hi Ellie, I'm so glad to see you here and look forward to having you share your beautiful pages with everybody! I hope you are feeling better soon. Take Care.

6. Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some of your creations! Hope that you are on the mend!
    Susan

Hiya, so glad you got brave and joined in, it's very friendly here. Hope you're feeling better soon, and looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Ellie, it is so nice to meet you!!! So glad you took the time to introduce yourself. You will love it here at DD. I look forward to seeing your pages. :O)
    ~Kelly

Welcome Ellie! So glad you introduced yourself here at DD. Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs and pages.
    Jenelle

My Gallery

10. Welcome! Welcome! Please start sharing your digital pages with us!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

11. Welcome, Ellie! We are so glad you are here! I hope you share your pages in the gallery!
    LeAnne

Welcome! So glad you introduced yourself. Hope to see your pages soon. Get well quickly!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Oh Belgium, it brings back memories of wonderful coffeeshops and delicious truffles Welcome to DD, we are so glad to have you here. I'm amazed that you sold all your stash from one day to the next, I still have some of it Good for you! I hope to see your pages in the gallery real soon!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Hi Ellie and welcome! I am so glad you decided to introduce yourself. You are going to love this community. Looking forward to seeing your pages in the Gallery!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Welcome Ellie!! thanks for the intro! We're happy to have you with us!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

So glad to meet you! Welcome to the gallery! Jana's classes are amazing!

Welcome to DD Ellie!! So happy you have made the plunge to introduce yourself!! Hope you feel better soon! Looking forward to your creations in the gallery! Take care of yourself!!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!!!! You will love it here Ellie, don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions, we're all here to help!!!
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

You'll find that this is the BEST place for digi scrapping...welcome!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Welcome to DD Ellie.You will love it here!
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

Welcome to DD, Ellie!!
    Trace

23. Hi Ellie! Welcome to Designer Digitals. If you are taking a class with Jana, you are taking a class with a master of digital!!
    You will love it here . . . every one here is lovely and friendly and full of helpful hints. So happy that you have introduced yourself.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

24. Hi Ellie.... I was most likely in the class with you.... I love Jana's classes..... welcome!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

25. Welcome to DD, Ellie! I took a few of Jana's classes too and they are great! Hope to see you in the gallery!

Hello! So nice to hear from you! Lovely to have you on board!
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

Nice to meet you. I am looking forward to seeing your work in the gallery

Welcome Ellie! Isn't digital wonderful??
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

29. Thanks for giving us such a great introduction.....and welcome to DD!! I hope to see your pages in the gallery!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast