Thread: New in Georgia

New in Georgia

Hello everyone!! I'm so glad I found this site!! I'm rather new to the digital scrapbooking world. Quite some time ago, I bought a bundle program off of QVC, Lumapix Fotofusion. I attempted to use it, but I was still rebelling since I had so many scrapbooking supplies and tools, I couldn't see NOT using them all!
    Fast forward to today... I ended up taking off 3 years from papercrafting. My supplies/tools accumulated dust all over them and I have 100's of pictures that are just sitting on my computer being forgotten. I decided something had to be done about this all. I challenged myself that 2013, I would get back into all my crafting and create some pages of memories for my girls to look at and hopefully smile when they remember the story behind the pictures. I did two paper layouts and a couple cards, and felt overwhelmed.
    I saw my Fotofusion software sitting on my shelf, wiped off the dust and installed it into my new computer. In two days, I knocked out 9 Layouts!!! Granted, they were very SIMPLE layouts, but there were pictures, journaling and a few embellies thrown on there too!! After getting them done so fast? I'm excited about getting even MORE done!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what others are creating, hopefully learning more about this digital art and since I'm on a SPENDING FREEZE, finding more free goodies out on the internet
    If you made it this far, THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Welcome to DD -- you've found the best scrapbooking site on the web! Katie has three great freebies every week, and the many challenges here often come with a freebie. Katie just did a throwndown last night, and here's the link to that freebie:

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...MGNtUUZESjlVag

Here's the link to the secret ingredient from that challenge:

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...Q1JJMHVLRmNUQw

I think both those links are good through today.

We're glad you found us, and I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Welcome to DD! I also found my way to digital through the paper scrapping world and, believe me, I will never go back! It sounds like you have had the same experience I had-I am WAY more productive this way! Have fun documenting those precious memories for your girls! I hope to see you around the site.
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

4. Hi! Thanks for introducing yourself. Digital is an excellent way to scrap and you will find the most wonderful freebies offered here at DD. I hope you'll soon be sharing your pages with us.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Hi and welcome! You will find so much inspiration here and everyone is so incredibly talented. You will also find that you can digi scrap a lot faster than paper scrapping! I stay pretty much current now because of that fact. I still have all my paper stash but the dust just keeps getting thicker on it. I never even miss it. Can't wait to see your layouts in the galleries.
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Welcome to DD!! Digital is the best way to go!! The clean up is wonderful and you don't need a room or closet to store your stash! I see Linda linked you up to a few freebies. There's also great sales here! Be on the look out for Thrifty Thursdays, Quarterly sales and the new items released each weekend are on sale!! With a few challenges you can be eligible to win a DD $5 gift card!! Looking forward to seeing you around!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Looks like everyone has pointed you in the right direction Just wanted to say welcome! Hoping you will share some of your pages with us and like Kim mentioned join in the challenges for a chance at a gift card!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

8. Welcome! Digital is a great way to "get it done"! ....and when you shut down your computer....no scraps or mess to clean up!
    Susan

Welcome! I think many of us have a very similar story. I, too, have a dusty pile of paper scrapping supplies! But digi scrapping is so much cleaner and quicker. I also love how much more compact and lighter my printed photobooks are compared to my paper scrap albums.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Thank you all for the warm welcome and THANK YOU Linda for the links!! I've looked through the galleries some more and I hope to acquire a SMIDGEN of the knowledge and talent that you ladies possess!!!! Thanks again!!

Wow, welcome to DD, we are so glad you found us! Digital is definitely the way to go, no mess!! All my paper stuff is still sitting in my attic collecting dust but my computer is my best friend I am not familiar with the software you are using but I can't wait to see some of your creations
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome from Alabama! So glad you found us!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Welcome! We're thrilled you found us! You'll find the community here helpful and inspiring! Look forward to seeing some of your pages!

Welcome to DD!! I'm glad you found your way here. You've already been given great tips the the previous posts. The gallery is filled with inspiration and you'll find the challenges and tutorial encourage you to learn new techniques! Welcome to the "no muss - no fuss" way of scrapbooking. But beware - it is addictive!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Welcome to DD! It's a wonderful community, and has the best products around. There are several of us Georgia girls here, we'd love to get to know you!
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

So glad you've found DD! Great to have you here! Welcome! There are great freebies here every week to get you started! That's what I did! Evenually buy just two or three great kits that you can see yourself using again and again and that will get you going too! Layerworks Templates are fabulous too because there are so many embellishments on them!
    Good Luck! Thanks for joining us in the forums!
    LoriS

My Gallery

Welcome to the "dark side"!! Lol Tons of freebies inspiration... and Katie is so generous with her freebies, so this is definitely the place to be! Good luck! Look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!