Thread: iphone ladies

iphone ladies

So, what's the best or easiest way to get your photos off your phone and on to your scrap pages? I took over 75 pictures this weekend and can't what to do some scrapping. Thanks!!
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

Karen, you can just plug your phone into your computer and copy them just like you would from any external drive.
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Well, that's easy enough! lol, Thanks so much Lynn.
    ~Karen~

I like a wireless option! Download the app Photo Transfer App. It's not a freebie but it doesn't cost much! You then download the software (free) onto your computer or other devices. Following the very simple instructions you can send and receive photos and videos back and forth from your phone to computer AND vice versa ( I love that option because I can edit my SLR raw files then send them to my iPhone). You also have the option of making folders..etc.
    Simple and it works. I am still in awe! Does exactly what it says on the tin!
    X
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

Also with an iPhone you should be able to set it up so the photos will automatically download through the iCloud to your computer. They will appear in the Photo Stream folder on your computer. I didn't know that I set mine up this way and I find photos on either my phone or my computer that I didn't transfer yet. Go figure.
    Wendy

Wow,I didn't know about either of these, Georgina and Wendy! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Thank you, Ladies! Great tips and I really appreciate it.
    ~Karen~

Wireless is so much easier! I use the Photo Transfer App; it's wonderful!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks, Amy! I'll look at that one.

My son just said, why don't you use Lightroom? So, I just tried it and it works!
    ~Karen~

Photostream - then your iPhone images go automatically to every Mac device you choose. However, as Photostream only holds 1k images, I have mine set on my iMac to take each Photostream import and pull it into iPhoto. That way even when the January photoshop images are deleted say for the June ones, you will still have them in iPhoto.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I've used iCloud and the plug the phone in versions as well!! But now I'm intrigued with this app!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Ooooh, I just downloaded the app and it's marvelous! And, I'm on a PC, not a Mac... and it worked like a charm! LOVE it! Thank you, Georgina!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

I use Photostream with Lightroom so I can send edited photos to my iphone and ipad and edit those taken with, or received through, my ipone or ipad.
    Terese

You can also wirelessly transfer your photos from your iPhone to Dropbox and they're then accessible from any computer. You can actually copy them from Dropbox to a folder on your computer. I also use the app mentioned earlier.

15. I don't LOVE the capacity limits for the Cloud and I am not going to pay for more room either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Photostream - then your iPhone images go automatically to every Mac device you choose. However, as Photostream only holds 1k images, I have mine set on my iMac to take each Photostream import and pull it into iPhoto. That way even when the January photoshop images are deleted say for the June ones, you will still have them in iPhoto.
    How do you set up so the photos will go into iPhoto on your Mac, Marueen? Can you then delete from your iPhone? I

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    Thanks, Amy! I'll look at that one.

My son just said, why don't you use Lightroom? So, I just tried it and it works!
    And, Karen . . . how is this done with Lightroom????

I have dropbox . . . and Photo Transfer. I haven't used PT yet? Is is easier or better than Dropbox?
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Quote Originally Posted by readstoomuch View Post
    I don't LOVE the capacity limits for the Cloud and I am not going to pay for more room either!!!

How do you set up so the photos will go into iPhoto on your Mac, Marueen? Can you then delete from your iPhone?

Molly, go to your iPhone, Settings, iCloud, Photostream, My Photo Stream, and select ON. (You'll see it tells you that all new photos are uploaded and sent to all your Cloud devices WHEN connected to WiFi.) That is the only reason we ran into that 1k's worth of images when in Europe as we weren't always ON wi-fi and the boat's wi-fi service was, not surprisingly, veeeery slow. Otherwise, with our home wi-fi it's more than efficient for me. HTH!

eta: I forgot about your wanting your images to go to iPhoto once the Cloud downloads them to you location of choice.

Go to iPhoto, open it...lol..., go up top to the iPhoto word, select Preferences, Photostream, and then select the options you want. I have all the first three selected, but have no shared photostreams. I considered having my husband's but felt it would overload MY computer. Plus, I have enough to handle with my own images, right???
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Karen/Teresa, I too would like to consider Lightroom, and wonder how this works on a Mac. Getting untethered from iPhoto seems to be a stumbling block.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

18. Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    eta: I forgot about your wanting your images to go to iPhoto once the Cloud downloads them to you location of choice.

Go to iPhoto, open it...lol..., go up top to the iPhoto word, select Preferences, Photostream, and then select the options you want. I have all the first three selected, but have no shared photostreams. I considered having my husband's but felt it would overload MY computer. Plus, I have enough to handle with my own images, right???
    Yikes, Maureen!!! I must have done this ages ago. I knew that the iPhone photos were imported into iPhoto! What I really should have asked is how do I get them to be there permanently? As my photos drop off of my iPhone (quess the cloud has reached capacity for me) they also drop out of iPhoto too. How can I make them stay in iPhoto . . . or better yet, in a folder on my external? Should I just copy and paste them into folders as soon as they import to iPhoto? It is hard to know the dates of them . . . now, I must click on each photo to see it's date.

Am I asking too much of iPhoto?

Like you, I would still like to consider Lightroom. I am not really in love with iPhoto or the cloud!!! I am either really dumb or too picky I'm afraid.

Thanks for taking time to answer my previous questions . . . just ignore this one if I'm being too much of a needy pest!!!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens

19. And, here is another really stupid question if anyone who uses Dropbox knows what happened.

I used Dropbox last night to move many of my photos from my iPHone to my iMac. They made it there . . . I SAW THEM!!! Now I can't find the photos anywhere . . . where are they?????

I HATE feeling so dumb with any new thing I do.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

20. I have dropbox on all my devices, but, I only use it for PDF files and ebook tutorials that I purchase using my computer, but, want to read and study them on my iPad. Sorry, I have never used DropBox for photos. Have you clicked on the little drop box icon up in the right hand side of the menu bar at the top of your screen. That's where my PDF files end up and I see that there is a Photo folder in the list. Maybe that is where your photos are?

I use Photo Transfer to move my iPhone photos to my computer where I can then import the into Lightroom for editing before I store them on 2 EHDs. I think Photo Transfer works so well.

I don't remember where or when I did this, but, I must have set my preferences to have photos from my camera import directly into Lightroom. I bypass iPhoto entirely, although that is where I see my PhotoStream.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57