Thread: Hey :)

Hey :)

Hi everyone,

Ive posted a few threads on here and got a couple of pages up but hadnt gotten around to saying hi yet.

So yeah... Im Penny, 27 from the UK. Joined the site in 2010 and its taken me this long to finally get something started :/ I finished my first project 365 this year, (well I will have by Jan) and i've been trying to scrap it and find my style after failing my first attempt in 2010. I then discovered project life and found the idea amazing and easier to get my head around. Was still struggling until I found all of Katie's amazing designs, her stuff is definitely more my style and without her products and layouts i'd probably still be stuck, so a huge thanks to her

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out in a thread or made a comment on one of my pages, the help, kind words and encouragement have really helped me along and now lately all I wanna do is scrap im loving it so much

Have a good Christmas everyone

Penny xx

Hi fellow Brit good to see you here. I hope you keep chatting and joining in. Where abouts are you in the UK? I'm near Southampton, in Romsey.
    Have a really lovely christmas and I look forward to seeing your Xmas pages
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

3. Sounds like you have been very successful in accomplishing 365 and PL projects. It's so fun to be a part of this community and I'm glad you have chosen to hang out with us.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Heya Penny, glad you introduced yourself! It's a great place here, full of encouragement, so if you have any questions ask away.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Hi, Penny -- glad you introduced yourself -- welcome!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Your pages were so beautiful and polished - I wondered where you'd been hiding! I'm so glad you've said hello now.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome to DD! Thanks for introducing yourself. I'm impressed that you've done a 365!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Im from Southend, in Essex (yeah I know... heh)

Thanks again for all you're kind words, making me blush. i dont think i would have said polished, but I am happy ive got into the swing of things.

The first time I tried a 365 I failed about may... it was hard, but since I got a 365 app for my iPhone its been a lot easier, even if just to keep track of everything. Does mean I take all the photos on my phone rather than using my camera, but I found I got more personal photos, rather than me wandering around every day trying to get something arty

Hey there Penny, it's awesome to have you!!! Thanks for letting us know a bit about you
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Good to meet you Penny! I'm an iPhone camera person and love the ease of using my phone!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Welcome Penny!! I too love Katie's style!! Looking forward to finding lots of your pages in the gallery!! Hope your Christmas was magical!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! It's so lovely to see a fellow Brit on here!! I'm from Herefordshire on the England/Wales border Thankyou for introducing yourself Penny, it's a pleasure to 'meet' you x
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

13. Hiya Penny... Thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself... I take a lot of 'phone' pics, because it seems to always be with me and otherwise I would sure miss a lot of 'in the moment' pics... Can't wait to see more of your pages.
    shhbabymine (sarah)
    canon rebel xti
    PSE5
    my gallery