Thread: Hello again!

Hello again!

I figured I'd pop in and say "hello again!" I've been absent for quite a long time while trying to catch up with life, and I've missed you all! I've been lurking in the background from time to time, and, as ever, I'm amazed at how wonderful everyone is here! The support, encouragement, and friendliness is so appreciated, and it makes DD one special place!

I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know you all! Here's a little bit more about me, in case you're curious:

I am a portrait photographer by profession, and I adore it! My husband and I are moving in a little over 2 weeks to New York for his job, and we couldn't be more excited to start fresh! With him being in the military, it's been hard to settle down and really get to know people, but this new position means we will be in one place for at least 4 years--such a blessing! We are originally from California, so being in New York will take us even further from our family, but we are in our early 20s and we don't have kids yet (if you don't count our sweet puppies ), so we thought that now would be the perfect opportunity to experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity while we are still young.

I'm currently working on a scrapbook that I started in 2008 of my relationship of my now-husband, from when we first started dating until the day we were married in 2009. It was originally a paper scrapbook, but once I discovered digital, I knew there was no going back!

Digital scrapbooking has always been a love of mine, even though I'm still new at it. I have experience with Photoshop, so that's been helpful while I learn. It's been such a blessing to look at everyone's amazing work and get inspiration. BIG thanks to Katie and the rest of the DD creators. Your products are the best there is, and I'm totally hooked!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

So nice to get to know you a bit. I am looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery. What a wonderful opportunity to move to New York. I would love to travel to New York one day...
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

What exciting times for you!! You will LOTS of things to play with and scrap in your advertures!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Welcome back!!! Good luck with the move.......looking forward to seeing more of your pages (and you're right, the products here are the BEST!!) x
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

Welcome back!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

6. Welcome back! I'm glad you told us more about yourself.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Welcome back!!! Your adventure to NYC will be exciting, I am sure!! Can't wait to get to know you better!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

What adventures lay ahead for you and your hubby!!! All the best for your move and we hope to see more of you and your pages around here
    Jenelle

My Gallery

Your life sounds so exciting! What a great time to be documenting in a scrapbook. So glad to have you here!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Thanks, everyone! You're all so kind!!

Welcome back!! Wonderful to read a bit about you. Looking forward to seeing pages from your scrapbook!