Thread: On-line Photography Courses

On-line Photography Courses

Okay, so I have had a DSLR camera for a number of years now and, of course, I do not know how to use it besides the "Auto" setting. I live in a smaller community and with two young kids at home, I really do not have the time to travel to a college for their photography courses. Does anyone know of any great, but inexpensive, on-line photography courses that will get me off of "Auto"?
    Wendy

which is your camera model? creativelive.com has lots of 1 day courses on different models. if saw the course for a camera similar to my model but i am not sure whether they have an in depth introduction on aperture, shutter speed and iso. they will surely touch on that on the "not that advanced model".
    i learned a lot from there.
    alina
    ~~~~~~~~~
    laptop hp pavilion g with 2nd monitor, pse 10, lightroom 3, acdsee 14
    camera: samsung galaxy I and canon 600d (rebel T3i), lenses: canon EF 50 mm 1:1.8 II, canon EFS 18-55 mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS II

to add to that, all courses are on sale now. a 1 day course is 39 $ now.
    alina
    ~~~~~~~~~
    camera: samsung galaxy I and canon 600d (rebel T3i), lenses: canon EF 50 mm 1:1.8 II, canon EFS 18-55 mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS II

Katrina Kennedy offers great on line classes. I have taken them all and have learned so much!
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

uhm... they are rebroadcasting the fundamentals of digi photography on creativelive now!
    creativelive.com/live
    alina
    ~~~~~~~~~

Ditto what Jean and Alina said. I learned the basics of shooting in Manual from Katrina and am still learning the most amazing things from Creative Live.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I like this website ...
    digital-photography-school.com
    Good information and they also have weekly e-mails you can sign up for that has tips and ideas in it.
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Katrina is awesome!!!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Thank you all, I will have to check all of those sites out. Then the next step would be to finding great shots.
    Wendy

10. Have you looked into classes through a camera store in your area? Or through a local photography club?

Sometimes it is helpful to have someone who can show you things in person and help you with hands-on things. Plus they will usually know some good local places to go and practice and take you there as part of the program.

Another source

Just have to jump in here and say Katrina does a wonderful job and her instructions are easy and informative! Lynda.com has all kinds of photography and software tutorials that are in depth and amazing. It's something you subscribe to monthly and is not inexpensive.
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

betterphoto.com also offers various photography classes and has some specific to the camera model you own. I have a Canon 50D and took a class for my camera which was extremely helpful.
    Simone aka westchesterscrapper@gmail.com

My Camera: Canon 50D
    My Lenses: Canon 35mm, 60mm, 24-105, 70-200 & 100-400 plus Sigma fisheye
    My software: Photoshop CS6

I have taken a few courses from Maggie Holmes, one from Candice Stringham and a few from Katrina Kennedy!! Good luck with all your choices!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17