Thread: Question for Jeannie! (Jean2)

1. Question for Jeannie! (Jean2)

Jeannie, Your shot is GORGEOUS of the ornament.

What did you use for the reflection? Is that a mirror that is just reflecting the white of your lightbox? Or some sort of white laminate?

Thanks!

Here's the link:
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ll&limit=last7
    kelly
    Louisburg, KS

my blog

Jeannie is sooooo talented and she inspires me daily! I'll be looking for her answer too.
    I love your avatar Kelly! Beautiful!
    Amy Mallory

3. Quote Originally Posted by mymalloryboys View Post

I love your avatar Kelly! Beautiful!
    Thanks Amy! I chopped all my hair back off, and I needed a picture that looked a bit more like what I look like now.
    kelly
    Louisburg, KS

my blog

Hi Kelly and Amy! I have a piece I glass that used to be a shelf in my kids room. It's not clear but tinted grey. And then I just put a piece of white poster board under it and bent it up and behind the ornament in my light box. When I get home from work I will explain a bit further how I made my light box since there were some questions about it in the comments.
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

I'm enrolling in your class Jeannie
    Jenelle

My Gallery

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jean2 View Post
    Hi Kelly and Amy! I have a piece I glass that used to be a shelf in my kids room. It's not clear but tinted grey. And then I just put a piece of white poster board under it and bent it up and behind the ornament in my light box. When I get home from work I will explain a bit further how I made my light box since there were some questions about it in the comments.
    Great idea! I looks perfect here.
    kelly
    Louisburg, KS

my blog

Me too Jeannie, I'm enrolling!!! Kelly, I forgot to tell you how awesome your new avatar is!

Count me in on a Jeannie class! I need massive help!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Jeannies photos have me in awe.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

10. Me too.... your photo is super super awesome!!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

Thank you for your kind comments every one! My lightbox is such a simple set up.
    Nothing fancy at all!! But it works for me. Here's a link to pretty much exactly what mine looks like . I used white tissue paper to diffuse the light. I tried to figure out how to put a photo I took of my set up, in this forum but nothing worked so I will just have to give you the link.
    I used a deep box. You cut square windows in the sides and the top. Not the bottom. I taped tissue paper over those windows so it diffuses the light. I taped a white poster board curved up to the top on in the inside of the box. You don't want any creases.
    Then 3 lights, one on each side and one on top and you have to buy the daylight bulbs not tungsten. But the setting on my camera is always on the tungsten setting and that seems to be best.

How to Create an Inexpensive Photography Lightbox: 15 steps

How to Create a Lightbox from a Cardboard Box: 10 steps - wikiHow

If you have any questions, just ask!
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

12. Awesome, Jeannie! Thanks for sharing!
    Susan

Thanks I now have a post christmas task. Looks fun!
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

oh wow, I just noticed this thread! Thanks for the link Jeannie, that looks simple enough, I might just try it when I have a minute LOL
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Wow!! Thanks Jean!! I'm excited to look at this more at home!! I agree, your photography is SO inspiring!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Thank you Jeannie!!! I am going to be looking more into this! I am focusing on Valentine Mini Sessions for children. They will be held indoors and I am trying to research and see what I need to rent/buy for an indoor studio. It would be cool to make a light box big enough to hold people!
    Amy Mallory

Amy, I totally agree! That made me laugh!! I wish I could fit my family inside it! As if they'd go in, even if they fit...! Lol
    Jeannie
    My gear: