Thread: Hello from Paris, France

Talking Hello from Paris, France

Hi there,

Writing from Paris, France under heavy snow today.
    I found this website (and community) because I'm on a December Daily and I'm planning my 2013 Project Life (first one I'll be doing), and while searching for new stuff... here I am.
    My goal here is to find things I can use on real scrapbooking. In fact... I want to use digital stuff I could print and cut with my Silhouette Cameo. I don't even know how it work since I'm new to digital (and Cameo which I've been using for about a year but on basic cutting work).
    I use a Mac and I'm a real beginner with Photoshop and Gimp.
    I'm sure I'll learn plenty new things here.
    Bye for the moment.
    Pika.
    PS: sorry for any spelling or syntax mistakes... French is my natural language!

Welcome! Just ask questions and you will be sure to receive answers. This is the best place in digiland for support! Can't wait to see your pages.

Snow how wonderful. We are sweltering here in high summer temperatures. Want to swap?
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

Welcome Pika - you'll be at home here in no time!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome to Designer Digitals, Pika -- you'll find a treasure trove of wonderful things in the store here. There's no end to the designers' creativity!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Pika! You'll have a great time here!! Can't wait to see your pages...
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Actually your English is excellent! You've come to the right place, you will find tons of product, ideas and help here! Welcome!

Welcome Pika! Lovely to have you here. :-)

A very warm welcome to you from everyone here at DD......I'm so glad you found us and I'm very much looking forward to seeing your pages
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

Welcome to DD Pika! There is a whole gallery of Project Life pages here - some of us do 100% digital and some do what you are planning and mix some digital with some traditional papers.

Also, Ali Edwards has some fabulous products that can be used with your Silhouette. I believe you can use most of her word art in Silhouette. I don't have one myself, but I wish I did!

There is always someone here to help at DD so please ask if you need more advice. Happy Scrapping!
    Jenelle

My Gallery

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

10. It is so nice to have you here at Designer Digitals! We are a truly international group . . . we have so much fun and really get to know each other. There is never a question that goes unanswered either. You have found the perfect place to learn all about digital scrapping . . . plus the store here is unsurpassed!

I have visited Paris several time beginning in 1968! It is one of my most favorite places ever . . . my husband and I will be visiting again in the next few years for sure.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

11. Hello and welcome, Pika! As others have said, this is a friendly site with many knowledgeable people willing to help and the best designs for digital and hybrid scrapbooks.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Welcome to Designer Digitals Pika! You can keep all that snow LOL, although I'm sure it's very pretty! I hope you'll be able to show us your creation once you figure it out
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thanks...

Thank you very much to all of you girls for your warm welcome!!!!!
    I'll try to finish filling in my profile as soon as possible.In a few days at the most since I'm working all week end long.
    Concerning digital, I really want to mix it with traditional. I'm lucky enough to have that Caméo so it's high time to use it to its full range of possibility.
    I'm a bit afraid because I do not know where to start with but at least... I'll try.

So here's the first question....
    For my Project Life... is it possible to download journaling card, print them and just use tham? The question will probably sound suilly to you but to me... if it is THAT simples.... hum doesn'it hide something?

Welle for now it's time to.... go back to work.

have a nice day!!!!!

Bienvenue à DD, Pika! Nous sommes heureuses que vous nous avez trouvées! (Et oui... nous sommes en majorité des femmes! Et j'espère que ma grammaire française est OK! )

Yes, you can download and print out the PL cards... they would make a great start to a hybrid card or just use them on their own! Please share your pages with us, too... we'd love to see them!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Welcome Pika! You will find many people mix digital with traditional scrapbooking. It works perfectly for Project Life! Hope you share some of your creations with us

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Bienvenue Pika!

There are also a lot of us who use Macs here so if you have a Mac specific question about your Photoshop, just ask us!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Hi girls,

@ Beehive: ton français est impeccable!

@ Maureen: I've been using Mac for the last few months only so if I have any question be sure I'll ask.

@ Jen: Hybrid... that's the word!

My problem just now is that... I do not know what to download first!!!
    Right now I'm at work (pfffff... working on a Sunday morning at 6 AM!!!!) but when I'll get back home I'll try to fill in my profile.

Have a nice day y'all!

Pikabo.

For those of you who want you can visit my blog by clicking on the banner in my signature. The blog is in French and it needs a good update but the things that matter here are...picture!!!
    Silhouette Caméo, Sewing machine Toyota RS Séries,Crop a Dile2, BIA
    Photoshop CS6, Elements 11

19. Welcome to DD!! It will be fun to see your work in the gallery!!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Quote Originally Posted by Pikabo View Post
    @ Beehive: ton français est impeccable!...
    Pikabo.
    Merci. Et je pense que je pourrais bénéficier de visiter votre blog... mon français pourrait améliorer!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Welcome to DD Pika!! You will love it here! I hope you share your hybrid creations with us!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17