A paraphrase from one of the funniest movies ever (if you're in to black comedies).

I have been fighting my weight since the onset of my diabetes in 2006. I worked really hard and lost 70 pounds, and stayed there for five years. After I had my son I added a little bit back, but worked really hard to maintain that (3 hrs in the gym every day). Not a pound lost, but none gained. That was a victory.

After my back surgery I apparently gained back about one size. I once again have lumps where I didn't have them before. It's a wake up call as I have not been 100% compliant with my diet, and I have not been able to go back to such an intense gym routine.

I can do this again, it's the hardest thing for me to do because of various medical issues. But what frustrates me the most is when a well-meaning friend who has never been out of a size six complains that they need to lose weight, too.

I thought maybe some of the ladies here might find themselves in a similar situation. I encourage all of you to find the support you need! And if you're petite or naturally svelte, don't take it for granted!

I have recently started watching "Drop Dead Diva" and while I am not comfortable with my size as much as the lead character is, I think the show says a lot of good things about beauty vs. perceived beauty.