Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for Your Prayer and Support

1. absolutely praying for those victims and now especially your family.
    heather

Terese, I'm very glad to hear you and your kids are OK and that you have your power back. It's going to be a long road to recovery from this devastation. I am so thankful that Wednesday night we were able to move my mom and step dad out of their building. They live on the 5th floor in Westbury NY. They both decided to ride out the storm since they are pretty much in the middle of the island. Although there was no damage in their immediate area, they had no power since Monday and the estimates of power coming back are even longer than anyone expected. Running low on food and her cellphone battery, not physically able to walk down the stairs on her own and with Bill's health issues, we had to move this stubborn couple out of their building. My husband and kids attempted to drive across the Throgs and Whitestone bridges Wednesday morning only to be stuck in traffic that was at a standstill forcing my husband to turn around. We ventured out later that night and glad to say our mission was accomplished. We have them home with us and now the real adventure begins I have heard back from my friends in New Jersey who are all OK. Susan, I too have been thinking about Donna in NJ and hopefully we hear from her soon. I also finally got in touch with my girlfriend in the East Village who is also managing without power. The number of lives lost has been climbing, 67 was the last I heard. Staten Island and now Coney Island are getting the help they've been desperate for but it's going to take a lot of time. On the positive side, the fact that subway lines, buses and the 2 major train lines into the city are all back in service is absolutely amazing. We continue to pray for those in need and continue to support the recovery effort in any way we can. Thanks for everyone's support!
    Sylvia

I too, am praying for you and all the many many people who have been impacted by Sandy!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks so much for your prayers and good thoughts. Sylvia, I am very happy that your parents are doing well. The traffic is crazy and of course the gas situation is ridiculous.

Our son, Preston, was supposed to be running in the NYC Marathon. He raised over $7,000 for charity and is very disappointed. Although I understand his feelings, I can't imagine using police and sanitation works for the race when they are certainly needed elsewhere.

Much of Brandon's artwork was moved to Bergdorf's warehouse before the storm and is not damaged. Everything at the studio is ruined and he and John Gauld, the artist Brandon assists, will be working 24/7 for the install scheduled for 11/10, but there's still no power in Red Hook.

60% of our town is still without power, but my children will all have power by tonight. We are so lucky!

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts.
    Terese

I'm so glad at least the artwork was saved, Terese. My sister is still without power in New Jersey; I'm glad she's OK, though. Thanks for this reminder!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

6. I thought of you and of Sylvia today, Terese and thought that I would stop by and see about Brandon's paintings. I'm glad that many were in a safe place . . . and that he has some time to recreate the lost ones. I am sorry that there was a need to recreate them. I sure he is devistated by the damage but, up to the challenge. I hope that you, Sylvia and Amy's sister and your families have power now.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Oh I wish I could visit the elderly people stuck in the highrise buildings, I can't stop thinking about how they must be feeling.... my prayers are being sent across the miles..

software: PSE10 / iMAC
    Camera: Nikon D90 Digital SLR. 35mm 18-105mm

Hi Everyone: Sorry I haven't been around.. power and internet issues persist but thankfully the area I live in only has wind damage since we're away from the shore. Since so many homes in our area were destroyed by Irene last year I don't know how much more people could have taken if we were flooded again this year.. Thankfully we were spared unlike so many others who have lost everything. Thanks for thinking of us. ttys
    DonnaNJ
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaNJ View Post
    Hi Everyone: Sorry I haven't been around.. power and internet issues persist but thankfully the area I live in only has wind damage since we're away from the shore. Since so many homes in our area were destroyed by Irene last year I don't know how much more people could have taken if we were flooded again this year.. Thankfully we were spared unlike so many others who have lost everything. Thanks for thinking of us. ttys
    DonnaNJ
    I'm so glad to hear you were spared. This has been really really devastating.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Oh Terese, I am so sorry to hear that your family was so severely affected. Sending prayers and big ((((hugs)))) to everyone.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

11. So happy to hear that Donna is doing well too. Thanks for checking in, Donna!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12