Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for Your Prayer and Support

Asking for Your Prayer and Support

Our home in CT is about one hour outside of Manhattan. We got power back today, but the majority of our town is out of power and many trees are down. All three of our children live in Manhattan in the area still without power. My daughter needs to walk up 14 flights to her apartment and they all walk uptown for food, water, showers and power. We are not suffering. These are just inconveniences, but as I watch the local news, I am saddened at how this tragedy has struck so many lives.

They are still removing bodies from homes flooded on Staten Island. Many seniors are in high-rise buildings. They canít walk up 14 flights. They are stranded without food, water, power or heat and are just receiving help now. Many residents along the coast of NJ or Long Island have lost everything. Those areas will never be the same. My sister-in-law owns a home on Long Beach Island, NJ and still has no idea if the house is still standing.

Our youngest son, Brandon, works as an artistís assistant in the Red Hook area of Brooklyn. Itís an artistís community full of young entrepreneurs, cute stores, creative restaurants, galleries and studios. Red Hook sits on the NY Harbor with beautiful views of the Statue of Liberty. Itís been decimated by a 14-foot storm surge. Brandon has been working for months on paintings for the Bergdorf Goodman Christmas windows. At this point he has no idea of the condition of that artwork.

Itís not my nature to talk about myself or ask for help, but during this time of DDís Seven Days of Gratitude, I ask that you pray for and support all those in this area who are suffering more than I can even express.
    Terese

It is all so devastating You will be in my prayers along with all that have been effected by Sandy. I donated to Red Cross but wish I was much closer to help... especially those senior residents

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

3. Oh, Terese, you describe real human suffering and, I, for one, living in the midwest so far away from this storm, needed this reminder to think about and pray for those affected. It pains me to think of the elderly unable to go up and down 14 flights of stairs. Elevators are the everyday things we take for granted will work.

And, Jen, thanks for the reminder to make a donation to the Salvation Army or the Red Cross.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

All those affected by the storm are in my prayers. It's so weird to think of the Northeast suffering the effects of a hurricane while we, for a change, are enjoying lovely fall weather here in Florida. So opposite of what it normally is.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Therese,
    My husband has been extremely involved in the Health Care Information product that all of New York City's hospitals use, and has been to each of them many times. Watching the evacuation of Bellevue Hospital was a bit surreal for him. We are praying for all of you and wishing that we could do more than just make a donation to the red cross. And I hope that your sons art work survived!!
    My Gallery

My Gear: Canon 50D, Canon EF 50mm 1.4, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Tamron 28-300mm IF
    My Software: PSE 7, Noiseware Professional, Lightroom 1.4

My hearts breaks for those suffering in this devastation!!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Continuing to pray for all of those that are still suffering as a result of the hurricane.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Such a horrific situation... just spoke to two good friends in Jersey... one is without power but safe and the other in Philly had no incidents at all... this is a situation where tragedy can be only a block away from safety... I keep thinking of all the massive trees that we had in our yard years ago... the sound of the wind and being so helpless... now in CO we fear blizzards... praying for all concerned...

I will be keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I have family on Long Island with beautiful homes on the canals and they were completely flooded. Many cousins living in the Manhattan with no power in hi rises as well and can imagine the inconveniences they are having to deal with. It seems so unfair that so many of the same people who have had to suffer with 9/11 are now continually having to face challenges from mother nature as well. My heart and prayers continue to go out to them.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

My thoughts and prayers are certainly with everybody effected by this nightmare.

To hear first hand like this as opposed to the big news stories, really shows the inner story and tragedy. Which I think will be continued for a long time to come as other stories and instances unravel. My thoughts are winging their way across the miles.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Love and prayers for you and yours Terese. I know some of those areas fairly well and it's just hard to imagine that it's not the normal NY I knew. I'm so glad you stepped up and told your own story and reminded us of so many others who ..yes...are really suffering.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

By all means Terese. For most of us the story fades as the media coverage does. First hand accounts like yours remind us that many people are still suffering.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, I have watched the devastation unfold over the last few days on the news, it's an absolute tragedy that people have lost their lives in this storm.
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

15. You are all in my thoughts and prayers...It's an absolute tragedy that so many people have lost their lives and that others have lost their homes.... it makes me more thankful that Mamaw and I are safe and warm and have power.... when I see the elderly in the high rises unable to get out my heart aches. When I see everyone pitching in to help... my heart bursts with pride!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

16. We suffered losses during Hurricane Hugo, so I have some idea of what those unfortunate people are experiencing. However, the weather was warm in the south in Sept. I fear for those who are having difficulty staying warm on top of everything else. Prayers for everyone who has experienced loss during this disaster.

my love and best thoughts go out to everyone who needs them.
    alina
    ~~~~~~~~~
    laptop hp pavilion g with 2nd monitor, pse 10, lightroom 3, acdsee 14
    camera: samsung galaxy I and canon 600d (rebel T3i), lenses: canon EF 50 mm 1:1.8 II, canon EFS 18-55 mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS II

We will continue to pray for all those poor people suffering from that wrath of nature!!! I can't even fathom having to go through something like that!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

WOW, I couldn't believe the devastation when I saw it on TV today! I knew there was flooding, but didn't know the extent. We got high winds and rain here, but nothing compared to what they got in NY and NJ!! My thoughts and prayers go out to those and their families affected by this storm!
    Reminds you to be grateful for the things we take for granted everyday!

Thank you for putting a face on all of this for us, Terese. It almost doesn't seem real, sitting here in my comfortable house and not personally affected by any of it. Your post really helps.
    Connie

Thank you Therese for sharing your heartbreaking story. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. Your heart must ache when seeing it first hand and having children affected directly by it. I will continue to pray for all affected and now specifically for your family too.
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

I was quite shocked to see the pictures - especially from New Jersey. New York is a desaster, too...
    I feel for everyone in this chaos and hope that everything will be organized soon.

Uly

23. I'm reading this thread and can not move on without also saying, of course my prayers will also include your family. Remembering times during disasters where I didn't know where or how family and friends were doing and feeling helpless. The Miracle of total strangers coming together, helping and assisting those that I love, is a comfort unlike anything else. As a nurse my love for the elderly is especially strong and my heart breaks thinking of those that are struggling for survival and especially those without families. So I had to pipe in and at least say you've got more prayers here too. I hope your son's art has not been destroyed.

So very traggic. Those affected by the storms have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

25. The victims of hurricane Sandy have been in my prayers all week and will continue to be so. This is a tragedy of such epic proportion. So much loss...
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Thank you for reminding us. Because I live in Minnesota, I feel somewhat removed from the tragedy caused by Sandy. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

27. Therese . . . My prayers are with your children and the thousands of others in this devastated immense area. Prayers too for those family members that can do nothing but pray, wait and worry about family. I hope that your son will find his paintings for Bergdorf's all intact. I will think of him during the Christmas season when seeing the store windows on television . . . I would have never thought of all the lengthy preparation that goes into the holiday preparations that may be damaged, if you had not mentioned your son. The list of loss and tragedy just seemingly has no end.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Therese - I am so very sorry to hear and see all the tragedy and devastation. I'm praying your son's art is intact. I'm glad you've reached out and hope you continue to share updates.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours Terese and all those others in such terrible situations right now.
    Jane

Therese, I echo all the sentiments here and add my thoughts and prayers, as well...
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast