Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hurricane Sandy???

I finally heard that my son is okay. His apartment was surrounded by 5 feet of water. He couldn't get cell service any where in his neighborhood and assumed it was the case for all of Manhattan. His brother and sister left work and went down to his apartment and found him there, fine, but clueless. I'll lecture him later. Right now I'm just so relieved he's okay.
    We still don't have power either in CT or Manhattan. I keep charging my phone and ipad in the car. So many roads are closed, we're just staying put for now.
    Terese

2. Quote Originally Posted by TereseC View Post
    I finally heard that my son is okay. His apartment was surrounded by 5 feet of water. He couldn't get cell service any where in his neighborhood and assumed it was the case for all of Manhattan. His brother and sister left work and went down to his apartment and found him there, fine, but clueless. I'll lecture him later. Right now I'm just so relieved he's okay.
    We still don't have power either in CT or Manhattan. I keep charging my phone and ipad in the car. So many roads are closed, we're just staying put for now.
    I can imagine your relief, Terese. Thank goodness, your other son and daughter were able to go check. We take our cell phones for granted and in this storm it seems even cell phones aren't for sure.

Connie, the snow and wind this early is a bit much. Sorry for your weather woes.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

3. It is wonderful that you eastern seaboard gals have been able to check in! Isn't it terrific that we worry about each other in our little DD community.

Connie, you really had it rough . . . what a night to live through . . . so glad that you are o.k. When we lived in New Jersey sometime in the mid-1970's we had a big snowstorm with thunder and lightening. It was pretty cool to us, as we had never seen (or heard) this before. I am sure that it wasn't so cool for you to observe this week.

Sylvia, glad that you are fine too. I'll think of your husband each time we see that dangling crane. Prayers that that problem is fixed soon so your husband's business can work towards normal ASAP.

And, Therese . . . I know that you sighed a hugh sigh of relief after hearing that your children are all o.k. I would like to be a fly on the wall after your lecture.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

4. Still wondering about DonnaNJ, anyone know where she is in NJ?
    Susan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123