Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy???

Maureen, we are being told to expect anywhere from 8 inches to 4 ft. of snow. Blizzard conditions with 1/4 to zero mile visability Hoping we get the lessor of the evils.
    Nikon D700
    Lens Nikon 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, Flash SB600
    Dell PC, PSE5 and Wacom Bamboo fun

I heard that Connie and thought of you right away!! Stay safe and warm out there!!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Connie, time to bake brownies! Sustenance in the cold!

My daughter got out of Ocean City today and the whole shore looks really bad already. If the storm really hits hard, the whole line of downtown could go as the water is already up pretty high. The Bay Bridge is shut and I'm not letting Mr. R. out of the house again! However, we did get mail today! Amazing.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Prayers going out to everyone on the East Coast. This is the time I am happy to be where I am even if it is snowing and cold! Stay safe and warm everyone!!

We're are staying in CT where our town is warning of power outages for 10-14 days. We're far enough from the Sound that we shouldn't have a problem with flooding. Our children are staying in NYC. I'm amazed that the NYSE is is only doing electronic trading and their companies are closed today. My youngest lives on the Lower East Side in a mandatory evacuation zone, but he's decided to stay in his apartment even though the elevators are shutdown and they will likely turn off the gas. He's 23, need I say more?
    Terese

I have just been watching news reports. This storm is SO big! My thoughts are with all of you on the north east coast!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Thinking of all of you tonight... as I see photos of a dark NYC. Wow. Stay safe everyone and keep us updated as best you can!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: From the Beehive
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Just heard the morning news... hope you & your people are safe, dry & warm. Sounds really bad...

Uly

oh my. the news really sound terrible. i am thinking of you and hope everything is fine.
    alina
    ~~~~~~~~~
    laptop hp pavilion g with 2nd monitor, pse 10, lightroom 3, acdsee 14
    camera: samsung galaxy I and canon 600d (rebel T3i), lenses: canon EF 50 mm 1:1.8 II, canon EFS 18-55 mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS II

We lost power at 5 last night--cable and Internet went out at 7:30. Our generator is running and keeping us with light and heat. The 3G/4G connections seem spotty but we a getting by. Hoping this doesn't last too long!

Can't believe the devastation further north--everyone up in NYC is in our thoughts
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Thinking of you all. Hope it passes quickly and without too much destruction in its wake x
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

12. Glad you checked in katie, hope everyone is staying warm and thinking of those who sustained much damage and loss because of the storm.
    shhbabymine (sarah)
    canon rebel xti
    PSE5
    my gallery

13. The storm news is scary! I'm glad you could check in Katie.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

14. so glad you checked in katie....the whole east coast is in my prayers. stay safe everyone.
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Wow, Sandy really is a Frankenstorm! Thinking of all you who are affected.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Glad to hear from you, Katie. Just woke up here in the west...what a tragedy
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

While the sun hasn't come back out yet, we are safe and dry, no more rain or wind. No trees down, no outages of anything. This area was really spared the worst, though the beaches took quite a hit in MD/DE. Not as bad as farther north which will take a long time to get back into normalcy.

Wondering if Connie is snowed in out in WesternMD???
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

So glad you checked in, Katie. Everyone back there is on our minds.

Glad to hear you're okay Katie and Maureen! Hope everyone else is safe and dry too.
    Jane

We were fortunate enough not to have sustained any major damage and have not lost electricity! The devastation in the city and the Jersey shore is unbelievable! The crane hanging off the building in midtown Manhattan is right across my husband's building. He watches that construction right from his office! His building has been evacuated completely until they can figure out how to secure it. My thoughts and prayers are with all those going through the recovery efforts and thanks for all your kind words.
    Sylvia

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
    Betty Jo

My Gallery TFL
    Software: Adobe Photosho CS5

22. Sounds scary, Sylvia, hope that things work out. Glad to hear from Maureen and Katie! I have been thinking about DonnaNJ. She hasn't been around a lot lately, but I hope that she is OK...
    Susan

Maureen, what a night we had, our power went out somewhere between 8 & 9 last night. I 68 and Rte 40 were completely closed in Garrett County,and I'm not sure they have opened 68 yet. When the storm hit, we got 3 inches of rain. We also got close to 2 ft of heavy snow, which iced on the trees and caused mud slides and lots of downed trees.. High winds caused blizzard conditions and lots of stranded motorist. To top it off, we also had thunder and lightning during the snow storm. Lets just say Franken Storm definately let us know he was here and tonight is to do a second showing, 6 - 12 more inches of snow is expected with more high winds
    Nikon D700
    Lens Nikon 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, Flash SB600
    Dell PC, PSE5 and Wacom Bamboo fun

Connie, that is horrendous! I cannot imagine what it must have been like!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Oh my lollies Connie! That's just crazy. We were blessed with wonderful weather today, hoping it sticks around for one more night...trick-or-treating in the wet and cold is is no fun. Stay safe!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Wow Connie! That is very scary! I am thinking and praying for everyone affected!
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

I'm so glad that you are all checking in. Praying for all of you!

Oh my, it sounds terrible! I've been thinking of you all! xx
    Trace

I'm glad you lived to tell the story Connie. When you have lightening and thunder in a storm like that it certainly is scary, as well as dangerous. Keep warm! Y'all get winter so much sooner than us in the eastern part of the state.

Sylvia, the images I'm seeing of NYC and NJ are just terrible. Sadly, there's a long period of recovery ahead for those of you up there. Those of us here know that it just as easily could have been us...Hugs!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

We were so blessed - no outages and no damage! We had plenty of wind and rain but even driving to work this morning was clear sailing. Looking at the photos of the really hard hit areas and heavy snow areas I guess what we had out our was was a "little storm". Glad to hear everyone is safe!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast