Thread: Looking for a new camera bag

Looking for a new camera bag

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new camera bag because I am tired of lugging around a camera bag and purse and kids' stuff. I've seen a couple of messenger bags that look good, but they seem awfully...erm...masculine. So I am wondering what you use, especially for while on vacation to be able to carry stuff and still have easy access to a camera and a couple of lenses.

Thanks!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

Sarah, I love my Epiphanie Ginger bag. I have a pic on my blog here where you can see me wearing it so you can judge the size...

Pins & Needles: Aaaaarrggh Robbie Burns

Sometimes I bemoan the fact it's bigger than a normal handbag, naturally, lugging the camera and at times another lens, but I've configured the inside to easily contain my wallet, bits and pieces and there are lots of pockets accessed from outside the bag for phone, tickets, etc. so I've become accustomed to the size now and if I'm taking my camera out its basically my handbag too.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I am just about ready to purchase the Epiphanie "Lola"......I am waiting in case Santa might bring it on Christmas Eve. Ginger would be my 2nd choice Carol....The problem is that there are too many choices and I can't decide.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Debi has Lola, I'm pretty sure. Is that the red one?
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I have a lowepro sling that I use most of the time when I want to carry a camera and two light lenses OR a camera with a bit of personal stuff. Much more weight than that and I get pain from carrying it on one shoulder. So if I want to carry more I use a backpack with a hip strap. I have a couple I can use. One is a regular soft construction backpack into which I put a padded insert. I like the casual look of it and its versatility. The other is a small, fully padded camera bag. It's great if I want to carry all of my gear and is more secure (zippers are against my body when I'm wearing it). But each one is a compromise. There are times I wonder (briefly) why I don't just use a point and shoot!!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I have a purse style bag from JoTotes. I don't use it that often because it's quite big and cumbersome. I would love an Epiphanie bag! Unfortunately I still tend to stick mine in my big purse. Not the best option.
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

I just use a Lowepro backpack type, as I tend to carry all my lenses with me... never know what you're going to need... and I have to distribute the weight. It can get uncomfortable on a hot day, it doesn't tend to breathe, but I haven't found anything better yet, and I really like the backpack option.

I have never seen those Epiphanie bags, and just checked the website, beautiful! I put one on my wishlist and emailed it to hubby for a Christmas idea! Thanks girls!

Great suggestions ladies! I'll check those ones out.
    I just found this one that I quite like. This one looks good too although seems a bit square and bulky.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

9. I have the Jo Totes Millie bag. I originally bought the Jo Totes Rose bag and it was just too big for me but it had lots of space for extra lenses, wallet, keys and probably kid stuff too. I'm not a big purse purse person so the Rose just seemed enormous to me. But if you have a big purse, you'll probably like the Rose better than Millie.

10. I got the Epiphanie Charlotte for Christmas and I love it!
    webDSC_2758 copy.jpg
    Heidi

My Gallery

Heidi Knight Photography
    Camera: Nikon D800
    Lenses: 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 17-35 f/2.8, 28-300, 24-70mm f/2.8
    Extras: Speedlight SB-700, Alien Bee 800
    Software: Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4

I have the Kelly Moore Hobo bag which I love but, although its smaller than many of the other camera purses (only 4" deep, compared to many at 8"), I want something even smaller so I'm currently looking at the Kelly Moore Posie 2 bag which has a fold over top so can be expanded and still has the messenger strap but is only 3" deep.
    Jane