Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to these forums but not the site

Smile New to these forums but not the site

Hi, I'm fairly new to these forums. I don't remember if I've ever posted here...lol. But I have enjoyed all the wonderful inspiration and many of the products from these wonderful designers for years now. I have visited some other digital scrapping websites and have learned so much! But I am looking for a scrapping "home". Looking forward to participating in some challenges and getting to know everyone here

You've found the right place! You will love it here! Hope to see some of your pages soon.

We're glad you're here -- looking forward to seeing what you create!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome! Glad you introduced yourself. Hoping you share your work in the gallery soon!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

5. TY for introducing yourself, Sonesta. I hope you feel at home here. I think we have a nice variety of challenges and our community is a friendly, caring one! It will be good to have you share your work!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Thank you all so much for the welcome! I have a question...I would like to join the "brown" challenge. This is what the forum post says for it: "If you sign into your account, you can request an email reminder for this event. Just login and on the right hand site will be a link marked ?request an email reminder for this event?.
    I am logged in to the site, but I don't know what it means by logging in to my account. Where do I find this link that is mentioned here? Thanks.
    Sonesta ~ wife, mom, pro photog, scrapper
    Camera: Canon 10D
    Lenses: 50mm f1.8; 75-300mm f4.0; 22-55mm f5.0
    Programs: PSCS5; Lightroom 3; Wacom Intuos4 on Dell laptop

7. Sonesta.... I'm not an expert but I believe the challenge for"brown" is on the blog.... its real simple make any page you want and at the end of the week they make an award...its for $10 then you put it in the gallery when you get done.... the experts can walk you through..... the paper is on sale today for .99 and there will be a red challenge next week.... its for the colors of fall hope you have fun!!! I'm not sure which you have to be logged on to for the reminder.... your account where we shop or the account for the gallery..... the blog is at the top of the page its pretty obvious... but I won't admit how long it took me to find all the little ins and outs of where stuff is....
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Thanks. I just don't know how to get the email reminder for this.

9. Sonesta .... I may be wrong... but I be tthe remider would have came before the contest started.... since its already started you may not get it... try setting yourself up for the red reminder its next week..... in the mean time you can play with the brown if you want to ...or just check out what others are doing....

Ok...thanks. So how do I set myself up for next week's challenge?

11. http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...throwdown.htmlps we had a throwdown challenge last night there were 2 freebies available til later today... its in the link for the throwdown towards the top the contest has ended but you can see others pages in the gallery..

I'm so glad you introduced yourself. Welcome to the forums
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

13. I think this is how the sign up email works click on the red challenge over to the left there is an icon to click on for a reminder.... if it asks you to sign on.... sign on with the id you use for the gallery and the one you shop with to be safe.... I've never tried it but it looks like it will work....

Hi Sonesta! Yes, this month is full of events isn't it?! When you view the calendar you will see "Welcome Sonesta" up the top right and you will know you are logged in. When you click on an event such as next week's "Colors of Fall: Red Sale" you'll see this message:

"If you sign into your account, you can request an email reminder for this event. Just login and on the right hand site will be a link marked "request an email reminder for this event?."

And there should be indeed be a "request an email reminder for this event" link on the right that you can click.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

15. Welcome Sonesta! To participate in the challenge, all you have to do is create a page following the criteria and post it in the appropriate gallery (it is usually specified with the "rules") and be sure to put the challenge name in the title. Is that what you were asking?
    Look forward to seeing your pages!
    Susan

Welcome Sonesta! Can't wait to see some of your pages
    Jenelle

My Gallery

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Glad you've jumped in here... can't wait to see your layouts and get to know you better!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Welcome here Sonesta! Looking forward to getting to know you better through your pages and in the forums. This is a wonderful community to be involved in.
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

Welcome to DD!! This is the most amazing place to call "home!" Amazing designers with fantastic designs, great challenges, fabulous sales, and the warmest friendliest community ever!!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome Sonesta! Glad to have you jump into a comfortable home!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

You will definitely feel at home here Sonesta, DD is the most wonderful place as you will soon find out......welcome!!!!
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

Quote Originally Posted by home in ottawa View Post
    Welcome Sonesta! To participate in the challenge, all you have to do is create a page following the criteria and post it in the appropriate gallery (it is usually specified with the "rules") and be sure to put the challenge name in the title. Is that what you were asking?
    Look forward to seeing your pages!
    Thank you, yes. That helps a lot!

Welcome to the forums fellow Montanan!!! I'm like you - a member a long time, a lurker a LOT! and a poster a little more often now!!
    I love this place!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Quote Originally Posted by blhdvm View Post
    Welcome to the forums fellow Montanan!!! I'm like you - a member a long time, a lurker a LOT! and a poster a little more often now!!
    I love this place!
    Awesome to meet you too! We Montanans are rare to digital scrapping. I've loved the products here for years. I just drool over the stuff in the store. Quality is a must for me and DD is one or the most exceptional sites for quality products. And they are all so gorgeous! I want them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    Awesome to meet you too! We Montanans are rare to digital scrapping. I've loved the products here for years. I just drool over the stuff in the store. Quality is a must for me and DD is one or the most exceptional sites for quality products. And they are all so gorgeous! I want them all!
    No kidding!! As far as I know, there are only 3 of us here. Hopefully Pam will pop in also.
    I finally broke down and offered to teach a digi-scrap class through the adult ed program at our high school - and I'm no expert!! But it sure would be nice to have a scrap buddy locally!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Welcome to DD, Sonesta!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

27. Welcome! This is a great place with very helpful and friendly people.

Welcome to DD. Not sure where you are in Montana...but DD has been my forever home since I started digiscrapping. I live in South Central MT, between Columbus and Red Lodge. Lots of inspiration and digital goodness is offered here. Can't wait to see your layouts pop up in the gallery.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Quote Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
    Welcome to DD. Not sure where you are in Montana...but DD has been my forever home since I started digiscrapping. I live in South Central MT, between Columbus and Red Lodge. Lots of inspiration and digital goodness is offered here. Can't wait to see your layouts pop up in the gallery.
    Nice to see you too, Pam! I live in NW Montana. I've been doing digital scrapping for many years, mostly as a part of another site. But I felt the bigger they got the less friendly they became. I'm loving the friendliness of this site already! And the products are phenomenal! So it's good all around.

I'm working on my "brown" layout now.

Hi Sonesta! I think you'll love having DD as you digi scrapping 'home!' As you've said, there is so much inspiration and there are so many beautiful products....getting involved in the forums and challenges is an awesome next step. You won't be sorry that you did! I can't wait to see some of your layouts.
    Connie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast