Thread: How did you go???

How did you go???

So how was the Scott Kelby World Wide photo walk for everyone? I ended up joining a group at Mooloolaba (Mooloolaba, QLD Australia | Worldwide Photo Walk) rather than the one in our city. Considering where we live it was less travel time. It was a mixed group with some professionals etc.

I was pushed way outside my comfort zone. Have never really "done" street photography before so starting on a crowded beach at 4:00pm was a shock. Walked on trying to get away from the crowds and ended up losing group for half hour. Found everyone in end and took some ok photos but learned a lot.

Overall a great experience and really feel need now to join a photography club to improve on my skills.
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

Quote Originally Posted by Amson View Post
    So how was the Scott Kelby World Wide photo walk for everyone?... Overall a great experience and really feel need now to join a photography club to improve on my skills.
    I just got back from my walk and downloading pics now, so I'm not totally sure how THEY turned out, but ME...? I enjoyed the whole experience and absolutely agree with you... I need to do this MORE OFTEN so I can improve!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: From the Beehive
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Hate to be a party pooper, but this was my least favorite walk. Karen and I walked in Kissimmee, and I just did not find much of interest to photograph. Plus it was hot as Hades. After about an hour, we hoofed it back to the car and cranked up the air conditioning. We made it back to my house in time to see the Seminoles kick off -- 4 quarters later, and I'm a happy girl with the 51-7 win over Boston College.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Kyneton was very pleasant. It was a little overcast but not too cold, so perfect! There are some spectacular old bluestone buildings dating back to 1850s there (which for our international friends 1850s is about as old as it gets!!). It was fairly low key, and I didn't find a lot that was terribly exciting, but it was a very pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon!'
    Here's the pic from my walk:
    https://plus.google.com/+photowalk/p...10626753/posts
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

This was my first. It was good for the most part. I met a nice woman and we walked together but that may have hindered me getting creative shots. They are pretty average shots. I think I would have been better off splitting from group participants if I wanted to get creative. I can't think outside of the box and visit at the same time. But over all I enjoyed my day. It inspired me to go out on my own sometime and find some new places to photograph. It was comforting to know others are as passionate as I am with photography. My friends and family imply my passion is unusual. Nice to know I'm not weird! Lol
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

6. This was my first ... ours was scheduled from 12:45 - 6 with dinner after.... I made it til 3:30 which was the first photo stop... all hiking up and down rock formed steps... Glen Helen Nature Preserve Yellow Springs Ohio about 15 minutes from home... it was a beautiful fall day the leaves blew gently to the ground.... I enjoyed the "walk" .... I think I must be a solo picture taker/ or my patience is not as good as it should be.... spent a lot of time "waiting" I do think I'll do it again... at Glen Helen alone.... and maybe go somewhere different next year... so I can "see" some place else!!! PS I must have been tired out... went to sleep at 5pm woke up at 7AM.... or maybe it was the allergy medicene....not sure which...
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

Debbie and Jean... it was my first one, too, and I agree w/you, Jean... too hard to chit-chat AND think about shooting! But overall a lovely day and it WAS inspiring to do something like this again... or like you and Debbie, maybe alone!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: From the Beehive
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop Elements 10
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Jealous. That's all I'm going to say on the matter LOL
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Ha, great shot Esther, glad to see you front and center!!

No Jean, your passion is not unusual and we don't think you're weird, we think you're wonderful! And your photography too!

Glad you girls all had fun, and I hope to do one next year.... it ended up cold and rainy here anyway, so I probably didn't miss much...

I'm late to post but our photo walk was good. Not as good as I had expected but still better than the last walk we had done. Nice people but not as much to photograph as I had anticipated. Glad we went
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

11. I am definitely going to try to go to the walk next year. There are a few in our area. I've enjoyed hear of your thoughts . . . and like Carol, I'm envious.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac