Thread: People of Walmart

People of Walmart

for the people who never heard of the website

just be careful, some of these photos should be rated R!

Funny Pictures at WalMart Photos
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Those are hilarious Anke! Trying to figure out why anyone would have a bag on their head...
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

I am certainly not a prude but I have been sent some of the walmart people videos that were absolutely disgusting... I am amazed at what people come up with... for dress... and for video...

I know, when I see this stuff, I think I must be leading a sheltered life, I never encounter anything quite this gross.... what is up with people??
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

5. Boy, my Wallmart is tame! Never seen any people dressed outlandishly.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

lol - it's good for a few giggles....ya never know what you're going to see at WalMart!

I've heard of this site but have never checked it out. I don't know what it is about Wally-World, but it sure does bring out the different colors I people doesn't it? I'm a Target girl myself!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

We have had a population explosion here in ND and I have to say we have our very own Walmart people now LOL

Many of these submissions have come from the Walmart where I used to live in Louisiana. The general population was very economically depressed and I'm willing to bet that 30-40% of high school graduates are illiterate, or at best, functionally literate. In the parish where we lived, 80% were on food stamps. That type of poverty lends itself to that disgusting taste in dress and personal hygiene. I have been in line many times behind 400-pound women in tank tops that come above the belly button, and boy shorts that you can't even see--literally--because of the extra weight all around. Now, I am lumpy but I know how to dress for my body style.

I have been to many clean Walmarts frequented by clean, neatly dressed customers. It depends on where you live, I think.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Quote Originally Posted by anke View Post
    I know, when I see this stuff, I think I must be leading a sheltered life, I never encounter anything quite this gross.... what is up with people??
    You need to take a trip to Louisiana. Very educational.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses

I must say the Walmart I travel to an hour away from me is very tame and have never seen anything like this there!!(Thank goodness)!!

Quote Originally Posted by dugarner View Post
    That type of poverty lends itself to that disgusting taste in dress and personal hygiene.
    Sadly, that type of poverty also lends itself to very poor health and not very healthy weights.

Just because 'they' sell it, doesn't mean 'you' should wear it. Sleaze sure crosses a lot of income levels and classes and is definitely a matter of taste or our judgement on lack of taste. It's just that high income tacky costs more - a lot more. I know some very nice, very wealthy women who still look like...well..not so 'nice' in their $$$$ outfits.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Sadly, that type of poverty also lends itself to very poor health and not very healthy weights.

Just because 'they' sell it, doesn't mean 'you' should wear it. Sleaze sure crosses a lot of income levels and classes and is definitely a matter of taste or our judgement on lack of taste. It's just that high income tacky costs more - a lot more. I know some very nice, very wealthy women who still look like...well..not so 'nice' in their $$$$ outfits.
    This is true, though redneck rich sleaze and rural poverty sleaze have markedly different looks in rural Louisiana. And I have lived in places where very poor people took pride in what they wore and what little they had and kept it impeccable, and I have friends who are considered upper class who live in pig sties (stys?)
    Sarah

14. With all due respect to the posters, I have to say that I'm sorry, but I'm having a little difficulty with this thread. I think that I understand the premise of a site like "The People of Walmart", but I don't understand its' role, other than to promote bullying behaviours. Candid photos are taken of people and then posted on-line for others to mock. I could ignore this, as I do the original site, but if I don't have my say, then I am condoning the bullying. Am I wrong?
    Susan

No Susan, I don't think you're wrong. You remind us all of the virtue of charity. Thanks for saying this.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5