Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to vent about Shutterfly...

1. I've been wondering that too.....
    Susan

LOL! I guess I've tried to forget about Shutterfly altogether...
    Janet sent me a message telling me I needed to give you girls an update!

Yes, my last and 6th book arrived. 7 weeks after I placed and paid the order...
    Customer Services promised me a refund on the shipping ($85 since it was international) as soon as the last book actually shipped.
    About 5 days after the status had changed to "Shipped", I sent them a message asking when I would see the refund on my credit card?
    I got the answer that I wouldn't get a refund, but a credit/gift code on my Shutterfly-account...
    Let's just say that the words comming out of my mouth when I read that e-mail are not printable ANYWHERE!!!
    I sent them an e-mail back explaining the very huge difference between a refund and a credit, and that I would not even consider accepting a credit when being promised a refund. I gave them 3 days to give me proof of an actual refund to my cc, or I would take legal action. I also told them that I would contact the American Chamber of Commerce here in Sweden, and the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in the US, with full reports and copies of all the conversations between me and Shutterfly.
    Two days later I had the refund on my cc-statement and I will never order from Shutterfly again...

The book in itself is OK, but not as good as the others I've received. It has a reddish tint that bugs me, but I'm not getting into it with them ever again...
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

Quote Originally Posted by thessh View Post
    The book in itself is OK, but not as good as the others I've received. It has a reddish tint that bugs me, but I'm not getting into it with them ever again...
    Good for you on pursuing the refund. It's no skin off their nose to give a refund vs. a credit. I have often had books with reddish and yellowish tints to them. I think when they have sales and have large print runs their quality really suffers.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Thanks for the update Thess...

software: PSE10 / iMAC
    Camera: Nikon D90 Digital SLR. 35mm 18-105mm

5. Note to self: never PO Thess!
    Susan

6. Way to go Thess!!
    Patsy

Quote Originally Posted by home in ottawa View Post
    Note to self: never PO Thess!
    LOL! I'm usually quite nice...
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

After reading all the trouble you had I will be ordering my books from Blurb from now on!! Who needs this headache to get a book printed!! Sorry had had so much trouble!!

9. Just teasing, Thess! I think that it was a totally reasonable response to abysmal customer service. After reading about the numerous Shutterfly issues, I think that more people should vote with their feet!
    Susan

Oh Susan I was thinking the same, either that or I want Thess in my corner when the chips are down!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

You GO, girl!! Thanks for the update.
    One of the things I love about digiscrapping (and there are MANY) is that I compose the page in photoshop so it's independent of the photobook company's software and I can easily change printing companies. I'd hate to be locked into just one, especially if its name started with "Sh" and ended with "fly"!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12