Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent about Shutterfly...

I need to vent about Shutterfly...

I placed an order on September 3rd for 6 books. 5 copies of one book, and 1 copy of another book. I received 3 copies of the first book on September 17th, and then the other 2 of the same book a week later, on the 24th.
    Last Friday, the 21st, the 6th book was still "In Production". I sent an e-mail to customer services asking when it will ship out?
    No answer.
    2 days ago, the 26th, I sent another e-mail to customer services with the same question.
    No answer.
    Yesterday, the 27th, I got an e-mail asking me to take a survey about how I thought customer services handled my query...
    I answered the query accordingly.
    No reaction.

I decided to contact Shutterfly via their live chat - this is what was said just a couple of minutes ago:

Hitesh S.: Hi, my name is Hitesh S.. How may I help you?
    Therese Holmqvist: I wonder when you will ship the last book in my order? Order #001032551898-7000212
    Hitesh S.: I?ll be glad to assist you with the information, Therese.
    Hitesh S.: Please give me a moment while I have check on it.
    Hitesh S.: Thank you for your patience!
    Hitesh S.: As I have checked it is an international order it takes 15-20 days ,however I would request you to wait till the estimate arrival of the order till 2nd October.
    Therese Holmqvist: No no no! I've already received 5 of the 6 books! The last and 6th one is still "In Production" according to you!
    Therese Holmqvist: Your system updates and tells the customer when the product is shipped, but this one is NOT! And the order was placed 25 days ago!
    Hitesh S.: I would request you to wait till the estimate arrival 2nd October.
    Therese Holmqvist: Where does it say that the last part of my order is estimated at october 2nd?
    Hitesh S.: As I have checked the estimate arrival for the order is Between Sep 20, 2012 and Oct 2, 2012 , however if you don't receive the order you can contact us.
    Therese Holmqvist: The order staus for my order on my order update-page says that shipment 2 and 3 are estimated between the dates you are stating, but they are already here!!! Shopment 4 says "In Production"!!! How can you tell me that book is shipped?
    Hitesh S.: I can understand your frustration , however due to huge back log of orders last week we were little behind for shipping out the orders.
    Therese Holmqvist: I ORDERED THIS SEPTEMBER 3RD!!! You can take my order, and you can take my money, but you can't give me real answers!!!
    Therese Holmqvist: I've also sent two e-mails to customer service the last week, but NOBODY has gotten back to me at all! I'm beyond frustrated! I'm angry and I want my book to at least show as shipped!!
    Hitesh S.: If you want I will go ahead and place the reorder for safer side.
    Therese Holmqvist: I'm sorry - I don't know what you mean?
    Hitesh S.: I will place the reorder for the photo book.
    Therese Holmqvist: OK. So it's really not in production yet?
    Hitesh S.: As I have checked the order was delayed ., however you will receive the order by Monday.
    Therese Holmqvist: You will re-order the book and I will have the order by Monday? To Sweden?
    Hitesh S.: I will not place the reorder I would request you to wait till Monday.
    Therese Holmqvist: This is unbelievable... If I don't have this book by Monday, I'm taking this further. Thank you.
    Hitesh S.: I understand how important it is for you to receive this item on time and I'm sorry you haven't received it yet.
    Hitesh S.: According to the detail you should receive the order by Monday.
    Hitesh S.: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Therese Holmqvist: I would like to receive that "detail", since my account does not tell me this. Can I get an e-mail confirming the shipping?
    Hitesh S.: Unfortunates we do not have a tracking details for international orders.
    Therese Holmqvist: But you have to have confirmation on the package leaving your facilities?
    Hitesh S.: We understand your concern but unfortunately we do not have an tracking details for package.
    Hitesh S.: I would request you to wait till Monday.
    Therese Holmqvist: Thank you for absolutely nothing!
    Hitesh S.: I am really sorry but you should receive the order till 2nd October.
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

And here's the status on my Shutterfly-account...

Order date Sep 03, 2012 Order: 001032551898-7000212 - More Details
    Partially shipped
    Shipment #1: 12x12 Book "M&F"(52 pages)
    Estimated to arrive: 09/17/12 - 09/27/12

Shipment #2: 12x12 Book "M&F"(52 pages)
    Estimated to arrive: 09/20/12 - 10/02/12

Shipment #3: 12x12 Book "M&F"(52 pages)
    Estimated to arrive: 09/20/12 - 10/02/12

Shipment #4: 12x12 Book "MedCruise"(78 pages)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm really beyond frustrated and I'm definitely going elsewhere after this...
    Thess

My DD Gallery

Wow that is unacceptable. Hopefully, they will respond to one of the emails you sent and offer you a free book... after that run around you deserve that much!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Go to Blurb.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Wow! That rep sounds like a broken record. Such a frustrating experience. I'm with Jen, hopefully someone helpful will contact you soon...and offer you a free book. Good luck!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I absolutely hate it when I have to talk to people who sound like a broken record!! I had to giggle when I read this because I have been there so many times (with different places) and I feel your pain! I hope this will get resolved for you! I am not using Shutterfly anymore, Blurb it will be for me!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Oh how FRUSTRATING!!!! Wouldn't it be nice if they could just be honest. That's all. Be honest. If they made a mistake, just admit it! I do hope it arrives soon and you get some sort of compensation for the run around...
    Jenelle

My Gallery

Hope they make all that up to you in some way. Go with blurb. I love my little blurb books.

My software: PSE10 on my beloved pc
    My gear: Canon t3; fujifilm finepix Z20

It sounds like their system is not coping. How very frustrating for you. I also feel for Hitesh as he/she can only report what she sees on the system. I, too, don't understand how you can receive your book in a couple of days if its status is not "Shipped"!! The one positive here is that you have a record of your chat - that is much more useful evidence than your recollection of a phone conversation.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Definitely sounds like it's not coping, like Esther said. They should at least know if it has been shipped or not. Do you get your shutterfly books from America? I know the last few I've ordered have come from New Zealand, so I'm presuming they have a printing lab in NZ also. Maybe that's why they don't know if it's shipped or not.

But my underlying thought when she kept saying Monday, was perhaps she's on a day off on Monday and doesn't have to deal with your query again! (funny, but not).

Therese, I hope you get your answers, totally unacceptable customer service from a company who prided themselves on it. And lets face it, that's a lot of books you've ordered and in turn a lot of money you've sunk into that company to receive a non-answer.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I've only used Shutterfly for my Dec Daily books. But they've made things so difficult I'd rather just use Blurb for everything.

Sorry you're having these problems. Hope your book comes soon.

Thanks, Everybody!!! I just needed to get this off my chest. I have a feeling Hitesh is not in the US at all, but in a "call-center" in India or something...
    Hitesh is not what bugs me the most - it's the fact that they're not responding to the e-mails I've sent through their support system! I even have control codes for them!

Yes, Carolee, I get my shipments from the US.

And yes, I'm DEFINITELY going Blurb after this! ;-)
    Thess

My DD Gallery

I have some books to print and I think I will forget about Shutterfly!! Who needs that aggravation. I am going to try Blurb and hope it works better that Shutterfly!!

14. Yikes, thats no good!!! Hope you do get it sooner rather than later..
    shhbabymine (sarah)
    canon rebel xti
    PSE5
    my gallery

15. Shutterflys customer service has no clue. I've had the exact same conversation. But my guess is you'll get it sometime this week. Did you get a second copy?

I have had many interactions with their customer service and have had a mixed bag of results. I have found that when a solution is obvious (like reprinting a poorly bound or off-color book), they jumped at the chance to make it right. With technical questions, I had a much harder time. And I do not want to open a can of worms but when you get a call center outside the U.S., outside the brick-and-mortar company itself, the quality of customer services goes downhill fast. I have nothing against call centers, but if you are not there in the hub, where the product is being made, it is hard to communicate with the different departments. I can understand your frustration. They are repeating the phrase they have in their call center SOP (standard operating procedure), and they can't deviate because they are incapable of solving that type of problem.

I hope your books arrive tomorrow like the are supposed to.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

It almost sounded like an automated answering service. The worst I have seen. Have you posted to their facebook page on Shutterfly - didn't see a post there: https://www.facebook.com/shutterfly?fref=ts. That should probably prompt them to answering you as they do not want bad feedback on their Facebook page and that they are not replying to their incoming emails is one

My shutterfly pages with the photobooks I have made

Quote Originally Posted by echogirl View Post
    Shutterflys customer service has no clue. I've had the exact same conversation. But my guess is you'll get it sometime this week. Did you get a second copy?
    The CS person, Hitesh, first typed about re-ordering my book, but suddenly said I had to wait until the stated latest delivery date...

First thing that really bugs me about that is that this particular book doesn't HAVE a shipping or delivery date!

The other thing is that Hitesh both says I have to wait until Monday, and until October 2nd...
    That is two different days!!!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
    It almost sounded like an automated answering service. The worst I have seen. Have you posted to their facebook page on Shutterfly - didn't see a post there: https://www.facebook.com/shutterfly?fref=ts. That should probably prompt them to answering you as they do not want bad feedback on their Facebook page and that they are not replying to their incoming emails is one
    Thanks, Vigdis!!!
    I will do that right away!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

Posted to their facebook-page!
    I wonder how long until they take it down?
    Thess

My DD Gallery

It's gone... that is horrible. They remove negative feedback and let positive stay. At seminars I have attended regarding Facebook and businesses, they always say that you should give prompt reply to negative feedback. But removing it so people can not give negative feedback - terrible.
    Well, I guess I will not buy any Shutterfly photobooks either as I planned since they are having all these discounts all the time.

It's gone... that is horrible. They remove negative feedback and let positive stay. At seminars I have attended regarding Facebook and businesses, they always say that you should give prompt reply to negative feedback. But removing it so people can not give negative feedback - terrible.
    Well, I guess I will not buy any Shutterfly photobooks either as I planned since they are having all these discounts all the time.
    Well, my purpose with posting all of this here was NOT to persuade anyone to stop ordering from Shutterfly!
    I've been very happy with them and their quality in the past...
    But the way they're avoiding me and the problem right now is making me seriously angry.

I've ordered about 25 12x12 books and 10 8x8 books with Shutterfly over the years, but as soon as this matter is resolved, I'm deleting my account with Shutterfly and will definitely go Blurb!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by thessh View Post
    Well, my purpose with posting all of this here was NOT to persuade anyone to stop ordering from Shutterfly!
    !
    I have had my doubts because of my last shipments from Shutterfly was not as excepted so it was just another input on why I have been keeping postponing my order

I have had my doubts because of my last shipments from Shutterfly was not as excepted so it was just another input on why I have been keeping postponing my order
    LOL! Well, I hope both of us have better luck elsewhere!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

Well, Shutterfly got back to me via Facebook (!!!) Monday, October 1st.
    Telling me how sorry they are, but they can see that my book is just coming out of production that very same day.
    They keep referring to the high level of customer service requests lately as an excuse for not getting back to me in a timely manner.
    They're also saying that the minute they ship it to me, they will refund the entire shipping cost ($85) to me.

Now, first of all - I still don't know why production has not finished my book in a timely manner?
    And secondly - it's October 3rd today, and my book is still "In Production" according to my account...
    Thess

My DD Gallery

I am taking my business to Blurb as I have 3 albums I have done for a friend and I sure don`t want this Shutterfly headache!!

27. So sorry you have trouble with Shutterfly also! (I've used them in the past, but had issues also.) I have heard good reviews re: Blurb, but I don't see a "lay flat" book available, so I was going to try Adoramapix which also had good reviews. Has anyone used Adoramapix?
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3

Quote Originally Posted by digigal View Post
    So sorry you have trouble with Shutterfly also! (I've used them in the past, but had issues also.) I have heard good reviews re: Blurb, but I don't see a "lay flat" book available, so I was going to try Adoramapix which also had good reviews. Has anyone used Adoramapix?
    I have used Adorama and loved their lay flat album... beautiful. A little pricier than Shutterfly but in my opinion the quality was far superior.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

29. Thanks, Jen, I appreciate your feedback!
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3

Did it ever show up?
    aka Sarah

My Tools: 1 Awesome 20" iMac, a Canon Rebel T3i, a Canon G12, and an iPhone 4S
    iPhoto, Aperture, PSE 9, Organizer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast