Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Photography Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by donitab View Post
    I wish we had a "like" button on here
    Agreed!!!!

If you have had trouble downloading the link for the freebie, be sure to see the additional link that Katie added a few posts back. HTH!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thank you Katie, I've got it now.

Hi all, I'm so glad to see this ongoing chat as I'm always mourning the early morning 30MM chats that I never seem to get up in time for (or forget until they're *just* over, Pacific time). I'm probably the only one here with a Windows Phone! I have a Samsung Focus, almost two years old. Am just about to cave and get an iPhone 5, though. I love (LOVE!) the WP layout and integration with Facebook, etc. But there are just so many apps (including Instagram) that are not available. And...the photo quality on my (old, now) phone is really inferior. So - onward to the iWorld, I guess!
    --Stacia

Novice digital scrapbooker with PSE 11.0 - working hard at getting better!

Amy, I saw those Fall elements that you posted and came *this* close to buying them, I really like them. But I'd already just about cleaned out my (enormous!) wish list so I put them on the wish list and will have to wait for the next sale, I think. :P We'll see if I can resist temptation.
    --Stacia

LOL Stacia! How is the sale going? Anyone found any great items they want to share with us?
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Too many good things to get! Definitely a good problem to have. Maybe there should be an "I'm addicted" option where you just subscribe to DD and you can download/use a bunch of different stuff while you're a subscriber (kind of like Netflix!). Ah, that'd be divine. Love DD products...maybe you could tell. :P
    --Stacia

I have an android phone, Motorala Droid Razr Maxx, and love it. The camera is great and with this challenge I have been playing with it a lot more. For all of you android phone users, I have Instagram on my phone and love it. So this is not just an iPhone app. I edit my photo's though in Lightroom prior to using them on my layout.
    Wendy

Wanted to share a cool link. This is a sports photographer who covered the Olympics this summer with an iPhone! He connected binoculars to his phone in order to get close up shots. He says that he had an easier time uploading his photos than his colleges since he had Internet connectivity built right in. Also he was able to immerse himself with the fans and get shots of the crowd that were more natural, since his camera was more "stealth".

Dan Chung's Olympic smartphone photoblog | Sport | guardian.co.uk
    Amy

my gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Wanted to share a cool link. This is a sports photographer who covered the Olympics this summer with an iPhone! He connected binoculars to his phone in order to get close up shots. He says that he had an easier time uploading his photos than his colleges since he had Internet connectivity built right in. Also he was able to immerse himself with the fans and get shots of the crowd that were more natural, since his camera was more "stealth".

Dan Chung's Olympic smartphone photoblog | Sport | guardian.co.uk
    very cool!
    Wendy

The iPhone has a great feature for locking exposure and focus. Just tap on the screen until the blue box lights up twice. Text at the bottom of your screen indicates AE/AF Lock, so that both are set. Cool, huh?
    Oh my!!! How cool is this!! I had no idea!! So glad I came back to read up in this forum discussion!!! I'm also installing the procamera app right now!!! Thanks for the tips Amy!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Quote Originally Posted by katie pertiet View Post
    I'm sorry there's been such trouble with the link
    here's a temporary one so you can get the template!
    http://www.designer-digitals.com/Cha...ngeFreebie.zip
    Thank you Katie...

software: PSE10 / iMAC
    Camera: Nikon D90 Digital SLR. 35mm 18-105mm

Thanks Amy for your inspiration. I decided to only use phone camera today to capture.

What a challenge!!!

Anyway put them together in a page: Phone Photo Day - Digital Scrapbooking Ideas - DesignerDigitals
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great participation in the chat yesterday! Hopefully everyone has been able to download the freebie for the challenge. Please refer to the posts at the beginning of this thread for details on the contest and remember you have until Monday to finish your pages.

Yesterday we talked about how and why we like to take photos with our cell phones. If you asked a question that I missed, I'm sorry. Please feel free to ask again and I'll do my best to answer!

If you would like to continue our discussion today, we can talk about processing and sharing our cell phone photos. I love to process my photos in my phone; then they are ready to scrap or share online or to Instagram.

I would be happy to share my favorite processing apps for the iPhone and how I use them. I have some information on popular Android apps and if anyone can speak from experience with the Android, you can let us know what you think!
    Amy

my gallery

15. Amy, can you tell us a little bit of how you process your photos after taking them?
    Camera: Canon 50d
    Lens: 50 mm 1.8; 28-300 3.5-5.6; 70-200 2.8 IS; 17-55 2.8
    Software: Adobe CS6; Lightroom 2
    MacBook Pro

Donita, that's the fun part! There are many fun apps and they are so inexpensive that I want to try them! But without question my go to app for editing iPhone shots is Snapseed. It's relatively pricey at $4.99 or so, but very much worth it. I use it for brightening, contrast, sharpening, and a lot more. If you guys are interested, I could take a photo through the basic editing steps with this app.

Other apps that I have loved are PhotoToaster, PhotoFx, Pixl-ro-matic, and LensLight. Each has its own twist!
    Amy

my gallery

17. I haven't heard of any of these apps. I will go check them out. I would love to see how you process a photo!
    MacBook Pro

Sure, I'll be back with it later!
    Amy

my gallery

19. No hurry - I'm going to run to church and then check in when I get back
    MacBook Pro

20. Amy, sorry if you already talked about this yesterday, but can you tell me what you like about Instagram? I know a lot of people use it, but since I just download my photos from the iPhone (admitting that I just use the default camera on the phone!), and do my editing on the computer, I am wondering if maybe Instagram has features that might persuade me that I need it!

Hi Amy! I just posted 2 photos I took yesterday using the ProCamera app which I love so far! Don't know what category they would fall under from your list but I love how they turned out considering we were moving and my window was closed But I pushed my luck and made the mistake of using my phone camera for ALL my pictures at a family party where lighting was dark and I had a lot of red-eye issues even with that option turned on. But thanks for sharing and I'm off to check out Snapseed
    Sylvia

Liz, Instagram can be a place to share photos of what is happening in your life with your friends. But it's also full of amazing photographers who share great photos on a daily basis. There are one or two feeds that I follow regularly that challenge me and give wonderful photography tips.
    Amy

my gallery

23. Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Liz, Instagram can be a place to share photos of what is happening in your life with your friends. But it's also full of amazing photographers who share great photos on a daily basis. There are one or two feeds that I follow regularly that challenge me and give wonderful photography tips.
    Oh! I thought it was just an App? Do you mean it's an online site?

24. those Olympic photos are amazing Amy! thanks for sharing that link!
    heather

No, Instagram is an app, sorry! I really shouldn't have used the word "site". It's a feed or stream I guess. My favorite is @joshjohnson. Josh is a professional photographer who has a following of almost 200,000 people on Instagram. He has daily challenges and gives great photography tips. Definitely worth checking out!
    Amy

my gallery

Here are two examples of using Snapseed to edit a photo. The possibilites are endless with this app; these are just two examples!

Top Left: Crop to square.
    Top Right: Drama Filter settings--Filter 25%, Saturation 67%.
    Bottom Left: Tune Image Filter: Brightness 5%, Ambience 50%, Contrast 7%, White Balance 2%.
    Bottom Right: Details Filter: Sharpness: 10%.

Top Left: Crop to square.
    Top Right: Details Filter--Filter 80%, Saturation 90%.
    Bottom Left: Grunge Filter--Center Size 85%, Texture Strength 0, Style 452 (this is variable to your liking)
    Bottom Right: Center Focus--Center Size 40%, Outer Brightness -87, Inner Brightness +65
    Amy

my gallery

I just downloaded this app to my iphone....Whoa! Thanks for the tip, Amy!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Yesterday we talked about how and why we like to take photos with our cell phones. If you asked a question that I missed, I'm sorry. Please feel free to ask again and I'll do my best to answer!

If you would like to continue our discussion today, we can talk about processing and sharing our cell phone photos. I love to process my photos in my phone; then they are ready to scrap or share online or to Instagram.

I would be happy to share my favorite processing apps for the iPhone and how I use them. I have some information on popular Android apps and if anyone can speak from experience with the Android, you can let us know what you think!
    I was at a dance workshop all day yesterday and missed the first part of the discussion, but I went back and read it. Great stuff! Here are my answers to yesterday's questions:

I have an Android phone (Yay Android!!!). It's the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The camera is fantastic! In full light conditions, the pictures are almost indistinguishable from my regular camera. Even in low-light conditions the flash is not horribly harsh. On my old phone (Android Samsung Galaxy S), I never used the flash because it was so awful. On the Galaxy Nexus, it's actually usable!

I love using my cell phone camera because it's always with me, it's tiny and unobtrusive, and I can share pictures right away via text, email, or Facebook.

I have the Pro HDR app and it is really fun to play with. You do have to hold the phone VERY still though, or else you will get blur from the two slightly different images. Also, you can't use this app to take pictures of anything that moves at all (ie, dogs, children, ocean waves, etc.)

And now today's question about processing:
    I take all my pictures with the native camera app (with the exception of sometimes playing with the Pro HDR app). I do processing either on my computer just like I normally would, or I use the Pixlr-o-Matic app on my phone to add fun filters and frames. I then upload those Pixlr-o-Matic pictures to Facebook, usually. I LOVE the Pixlr app (it's free!) to play with my pictures and give them an Instagram-look (I don't use the real Instagram).

Sarah DG

Oh, I just thought of something that people might be interested in. Photojojo has a blog specifically for phone photography: Photojojo ?s Phoneography!

Just checking in between water polo games, and I was going to get the ProApp today but noticed it hasn't yet been updated for IOS 6. Just a fyi. I think most of these apps eventually get round to their updates but if you have updated, don't buy...yet.

I always have the HDR on so I always have two photos. It makes keeping my Photostream cleaned up important so I don't keep reaching my 1K limit but I like having the options or using both photos to blend.

Today at the pool, I tried out one app I hadn't used for a long time - Camera+ - and I got a good shot of my grandson with the ball coming at ...someone. I did laugh when it said ...Hold the camera steady. I wanted to say, Darlin' I'm doing the best I can!!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast