Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Photography Chat!

Well ladies...I must go eat some breakfast and start some laundry. Yuck! Thanks for the great chat! Looking forward to searching out the scavenger hunt items!
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

LeAnne, no, just used the Olioclip on the Details photo of the flower.

And Suzy, you are right about the iPhone. You can get some good large shots with it!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

3. Thanks for a great chat Amy! Off to deliver kids to activities! I will be looking for iPhone opportunities all day!
    LeAnne

My 3, has quite a bit of noise... I'm looking forward to upgrading just for the camera....

Have a great day girls, off to find some of the topics too! Thanks so much Amy!!

Amy, thanks!

Now for my next great tip about the iPhone. It shoots in HDR!

I must say that our own Randy Pertiet is the best HDR photographer I have ever seen, and it really can't approach that level. But the HDR feature is helpful when you are shooting in situations when the lighting is uneven. The iPhone has a high dynamic range and is pretty good at capturing the shadows and highlights in this way.

Just go to Options and turn on HDR. Then when you are taking your shot, hold your camera very still. Your phone will take two photos of the same scene, one light and one dark.

Then you can look at both exposures and decide which you prefer. OR, what is REALLY fun, is to get an HDR app that can merge the two photos for you and capture all those shadows and highlights. My two favorite apps for this are Pro HDR and iCameraHDR.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

8. thanks for all the tips Amy. i arrived late and am just re-reading all the chatter. my phone is a (too old) nokia without a camera...but i love having all this input for when i start dreaming about a camera on my phone!
    heather

I just checked in for a sec again and Amy that HDR idea really interests me!I am going to try that too. You've been such an inspiration to me this morning! Gets me excited about phone photography!
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

Coming back very late, but Oohh, I LOVE HDR photography! I would love to do that.... iPhone or DSLR... I'll have to try that tip.

Just here for a few...long enough to read all the chat and WANT one of those Olloclips and download ProDHR app! Thanks AMY.

I did find out from the Olloclip site that the current one will not fit the new iPhone 5 and they are redesigning one to be out sometime this year.....I'll wait and hope to get the phone before they get the lens made!

Amy your photos are great...as usual. I'll be working on the list while we take the boat to the harbor where it will be pulled out for the winter....

Later, baby. Hope is it BEAUTIFUL at the beach.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

12. Fabulous chat. Sorry I missed it but just spent some time reading all the info. Love the tip about shooting in HDR! Gorgeous shots in the gallery Amy!

Oh Patricia that is a great point about the Olioclip and the 5, thanks.

Now for my next tip. I love to shoot with the native camera app, but my favorite way is with a camera replacement app called ProCamera. Fantastic app. It has many features, but what I like about it is:

Full Screen Trigger: tap anywhere on your screen to release the shutter!
    Separate Focus and Exposure Setting: this is an awesome feature and so useful. Perfect to get those silhouette shots.
    Anti-Shake: for more stability.

And many other features, check it out!
    Amy

my gallery

Love your tips, Amy! I'm off to test them out. Thanks!
    Sylvia

15. Wahoo! Done. =)
    This was fun. Thanks, Amy.

Candy

I'm very late but popping in to say hello!
    We have an android type phone - looks like a blackberry - I have no idea how to get the photos to my computer -

Still can't get the download - millions must be downloading the freebie
    Jacqueline

Great start to the two-day chat! Fun to see my page here, thanks for sharing it, Amy!

I use my android phone to take pics when I don't have my camera with me. That day at the beach, I about died when my camera stopped working. We don't get to the beach very often! So I whipped out my phone. The good thing is that the light was great... lots of it... the sun was starting to go down and was hitting the kids at the right angle. Well, except for the one of Drew holding Jaimee's hand which was taken in the shade and I had to do a lot of editing to it. Also, for me and camera pics... I don't do any editing or use any special photography apps. I upload them to my computer and edit them like I edit my camera photos. My one tip is to make sure you have your default set to the highest resolution the phone offers. And of course, the more natural light, the better.
    started paper scrapping: Oct '01
    started digi scrapping: Feb '09

my blog, resume, etc: Muse Flash
    my GALLERY HERE AT DESIGNER DIGITALS

I'm standing in the galley of the boat and just used your ProCamera app!

WHERE have I BEEN? Fantastic! Thanks

???? Is there a way to send a photo directly from the iPhone to the gallery or is it only possible to send a photo from the computer?
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

I have only been able to download two freebies today. Both are empty folders. I can't find the link to Cassie's and I can't access the new freebie even after 12 tries. Anyone able to assist? Please? thanks.

I can't seem to download the freebie either. It is either busy or when I am able, the file is empty. Is Cassie's freebie gone?

Well the first thing I'm going to have to do is buy an IPhone - (and DH will NOT like that idea)
    Next: may I use my regular camera because I don't have an IPhone?

This forum is full of wonderful tips. Thanks, Amy!
    Jacqueline

I'm sorry, the link is working for me now. I'm not sure what to do to fix this but I'll see if we have any other option.
    Amy

my gallery

Jacqueline, to be eligible for this contest, the photos should be taken with any cell phone camera. Thank you!
    Amy

my gallery

Several of you have mentioned how great it is having our cell phone always ready to snap photos when we are out and about in our daily lives. It's such a great every day camera, and naturally fits when we are scrapping our Project 365 and Project Life layouts. Here is a great example by Kim. She used her cell phone to take several of the photos on this page:

Amy

my gallery

And don't forget that now is a great time to buy all the Project Life and cards on sale in the store during the quarterly sale! I especially love these new Pocket Cards for fall by Katie:

Amy

my gallery

Love your page, Amy and just getting into Project Life -good time to start with sale on
    Jacqueline

And here are some more great every day layouts by our Creative Team members using cell phone photos!

By Lisa:

And by Julie:
    Amy

my gallery

I'm sorry there's been such trouble with the link
    here's a temporary one so you can get the template!
    http://www.designer-digitals.com/Cha...ngeFreebie.zip
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Can't open link and have the IPone 4

Quote Originally Posted by grandy924 View Post
    Can't open link and have the IPone 4

did you see the link I just posted?