Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Photography Chat!

Look forward to trying out those apps when I have an iPhone! I'm told I'll have to get on a waitlist (maybe I should do that sooner rather than later? I just get busy and...you know...).

We're going on an all-day trip today so I'll take the checklist with me and see what I can nab while we're out and about, as well as what I captured yesterday (mostly at home). Fun!

And...I couldn't resist, I nabbed the Autumn Pocket Cards (and, ahem, a couple of other things, including today's 99 center!). Can't wait to use them with the lovely fall photos I know are coming up (or the bazillions I've taken in years past! ).
    --Stacia

Digital scrapbooker with PSE 11.0

Amy, while I have Snapseed on the phone, I plan to use it more on the iPad when I don't have a full computer with me. Otherwise, since my only camera is the iPhone, all my processing is done in PSE10.

I even gave up pretty much on Instagram since I really want that original photo and don't want to take the time when I'm out to reprocess it. I don't have that much waiting around time for children, drs etc.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Great tips, Sarah, thank you so much!

Maureen, Camera+ is also a wonderful app! Would love to see that photo!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

You will later today Amy! btw, at least 50% of my iPhone photos used in layouts are sooc -or should I say straight out of the phone.

Reading the comments in the gallery, I think there needs to be a bit of clarification on photos taken on a phone camera and Instagrams. Not all photos taken on a phone camera are square, nor are all processed to look like the Instagram look. The Instagram App takes a square photo or makes the photo square in you import a regular phone photo into the app, and can add any of the filters and/or frames that come with it. These photos that are taken, or later processed with the Instagram app can then be shared on the Instagram feed.

I hope that's correct!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

That's right. Instagram is set up to only show square photos. Not everyone is happy about that, but that's the way it is. I prefer to crop my photo in other apps first, because I don't think the Instagram app provides as much control as other apps. Camera+ is great for cropping and Snapseed is good. Another great app for this is Squaready. It provides great control for cropping your photo, and you can use it to put a border around a non-square photo, making it square and Instagram ready.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

6. Amazing what you did with your photos Amy and it does help to see your process. I am downloading Snapseed right now and can't wait to play with it. I like that you can add layers on top of each other. With Instagram you can only use the one filter (or at least I haven't found a way to apply more than one). I took 6 of the scavenger photos yesterday so plan on working on my LO this afternoon. When I am in Dallas this weekend I want to try to get the other 6 Scavenger photos. Thanks for this weekend. I am learning SO much.
    Camera: Canon 50d
    Lens: 50 mm 1.8; 28-300 3.5-5.6; 70-200 2.8 IS; 17-55 2.8
    Software: Adobe CS6; Lightroom 2
    MacBook Pro

7. Ok all I have done in Snapseed is play with their sample image & I must say it is an AMAZING app. I can't wait to introduce my sister to this! How fun and helpful! I feel like an artist!
    Camera: Canon 50d
    Lens: 50 mm 1.8; 28-300 3.5-5.6; 70-200 2.8 IS; 17-55 2.8
    Software: Adobe CS6; Lightroom 2
    MacBook Pro

Thank you for this chat - I had so much fun playing with my phone camera. I don't think I would have done that without participating in this chat.

thanks for all the great tips. I have finished my layout and posted to the gallery.

Photo Chat - Digital Scrapbooking Ideas - DesignerDigitals
    Wendy

9. I love, love reading all the info. I'm getting snapseed to help my instagram stuff. I am forever taking iphone 4s photos usually at the 'Mom take a picture of me doing..." request. I loved the template, it was perfect for the event captured on phone (because I did not want to miss a phone call LOL!)
    picnic on th lawn - Digital Scrapbooking Ideas - DesignerDigitals

10. Amy, and everyone sharing tips, thanks so much for tips on apps for processing or editing photos taken with our phones. I use Camera+, Snapseed, Photo Toaster and Noir. Now, I want to try Pro Camera, too, since Amy recommends it!

I've tried Hipstamatic. I'm not very proficient with it yet, though.

I kind of jump around using different effects possible with these apps, but, what I really admire is when Amy does a layout featuring her photos that all match in style, color and tone. I wish I did that more.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    I kind of jump around using different effects possible with these apps, but, what I really admire is when Amy does a layout featuring her photos that all match in style, color and tone. I wish I did that more.
    I totally know what you mean Merr.

Thanks so much for this chat Amy! I learned about a lot of new goodies, and really need to sit down with Snapseed and pay attention!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

You are all welcome! It was a lot of fun, and thanks for all the tips everyone provided!
    Amy

my gallery

Hope I can join in. I have trouble working out times for the chats. Any Aussies on EST know when it is. I have an iPhone 4 and hoping to get Siri next. I also find that I always have my iPhone with me so I often grab a shot I would otherwise miss. Sorry I didn't get to the 1st session.

[QUOTE=maureenreynolds;374596]Just checking in between water polo games, and I was going to get the ProApp today but noticed it hasn't yet been updated for IOS 6. Just a fyi. I think most of these apps eventually get round to their updates but if you have updated, don't buy...yet.

I was much too excited and bought ProCamera yesterday and this morning I updated to iOS6. Oh well. What I do love with iOS6 is it now has the panorama option. Have you seen that yet? My DD actually pointed it out to me and showed me how to use it. It's pretty cool!

Jean, I did buy the Olloclip yesterday and can't wait for it to get here.

Amy, thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!
    Sylvia

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

This was fun...and it was my bday so I did a birthday page.

16. Oh, my gosh, Sylvia, good for you already ordering the Olloclip lens for your phone! I'm checking it out, but, I always take time to ponder a new purchase to make sure I really need it. Good for you just going ahead and ordering it.

Happy Birthday, grandy. You made a wonderful birthday page.

Amy, thanks so much for this chat! You cost me some money (LOL), but, how fun! I know I will continue to use my phone more and more, thanks to you!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

17. Amy no iphone for me.... thanks for the challenge.... I'm going to play this weekend with my point and shoot and try to use some of your tips !!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Wow, what an informative chat!! Just happened on, while looking @ IDEAS today. I just dl Pro HDR a few days ago and am trying it out. Also, just getting my feet wet with not using the Xti and sometimes just having the i-phone with me for a shot. Love a challenge. thanks.....

Sylvia, I was antsy to get that ProCamera App so I googled the issue and there is an answer if the problem is just (!) saving the photo to the camera roll. Let me know if you have any other problems as I think I'll get the app later this week. hth!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks so much, Amy. I love your phone photos and the pages you create with them. I'm tucking tucking this away in case I get an iphone one day, but since I have snapseed on my Itouch, I may try and see what I can do with that. :O)
    ~Kelly

Kelly, you are sweet and you are welcome! Hope you get to play with Snapseed; it's lots of fun!
    Amy

my gallery

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910