Thread: ACDSee PC 15

1. ACDSee PC 15

It took me 4 Ever and the help of wonderful, patient, Karen and people on here to finally get sort of used to ACDSee 14, now 15 is out. Is there any reason to buy every update? I want to stay where I am. Is it like Elements, alot of people are still using 6, 7,8 and doing fine. Are most of you updaters??

2. I don't have ACDSee . . . but, I do have Elements. I don't normally buy each upgrade as they come out . . . but wait four or five years to get the newest. I know that there are plenty of gals who have gotten the upgrade . . . hope that you hear from some of them. I would say that if you like 14 and are sort of used to it, I would steer clear of an upgrade to 15 right now.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

I usually try to stagger my upgrades also. However, if there is a big change in the program I'm also willing to upgrade when it comes out. Actually, I still usually wait for PSE to come down in price as it gets closer to the even newer upgrade!

I'd say if you are happy with what you've got, and are really comfortable with it, stick with it. Just my 2cents.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I'm still using version 9.0
    I only upgrade when there's something specific in the new version that I need.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Not upgrading here, I figure is something ain't broke dont fix it.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I won't be updating either - everything is working well right now!
    Jane