Thread: Deleting or changing "info" on a jpg/psd File

Deleting or changing "info" on a jpg/psd File

When I'm done with a layout, I use an action that saves all my credits, incl ones I add such as font names or sometimes odd bits of info. I end up editing the final list that is saved because it 'catches' all the 'photo', 'text here', etc items that I really don't want. Those extra bits still seemed to be saved in the File Info and I'd like to clean that up so that if the photo is up on Flickr that whole long, cluttered list isn't there. I'd rather just paste my cleaned up list in the File Info but don't know how to as the File Info seems to be saved INTO the file.

I'm just not sure where or how I can change the File Info. I tried to do it in Finder and couldn't. I hope this is question is clear!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I'm not 100% sure of what you are referring to, but I have an idea for future use for ya! I keep my jpg files as well as my tif files. If you happen to keep your layered files as well, one thing you could do is add a text layer under your BG paper and put your credits there. This way they will be hidden and you can still refer back to them. Hope this is remotely close to want you are talking about!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

3. Maureen.... I add a layer in my psd file with fonts etc....then I just turn the eyeball off until I need it..... but I'm on a PC not a mac....
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Thank you both, but no, I guess this really has nothing to do with the action saving of credits. On my Mac, if I go to the final saved .psd or jpg file, right click and show info, ALL the original layers of the template e.g. are shown.

It is here that I want to edit the info,mainly deleting all that extra stuff like photo, text layer, title, enter date here, etc etc that is on templates and thus in the file info.

Last edited by maureenreynolds; 09-08-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: adding image
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Maureen, what field does it save the information into? Is it the EXIF Comment or the EXIF Image description or one of the IPTC fields like Caption or Keywords? I can see and edit all of these fields in ACDSee and IrfanView and Bridge (I think - although I am totally inept in Bridge!). Is it in the PSE10 Organizer? There must be heaps of other photo editors that will allow you to do this.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Esther, I don't know the answer. It's in the image added above. eta, I'm on a Mac too with a totally different version of ACDSee.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

7. Sorry Maureen.... No help from me.....I just stuck my foot in my mouth again....lol
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

I think we were posting at about the same time. I didn't see your image. Off to check...
    Perhaps it is the EXIF Image description?
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4

Maureen, I've done a google search for "Edit EXIF data on Mac" and it seems that if you don't have Bridge, you need to download an EXIF editor such as GraphicConverter (I remember using that over a decade ago!) or PhotoMechanic or EXIFtool (Exif editor for Mac - Photo.net Digital Darkroom Forum).
    There were quite a few people asking the same question!

Thank you Esther. There's always something to learn! When I googled, all I got was info on changing items in iTunes. You had the correct wording!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Esther you were just speaking a different language there! My head did a full circle, ha!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Sylvia (smcloone) answered my question at the image. I had missed the obvious. In PSE, it's File, File Info and then edit in description. As I said...DUH! As you might note, I am not a photographer...
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Oh good! It didn't make sense that you couldn't edit it some how!

Quote Originally Posted by KimR+ View Post
    I'm not 100% sure of what you are referring to, but I have an idea for future use for ya! I keep my jpg files as well as my tif files. If you happen to keep your layered files as well, one thing you could do is add a text layer under your BG paper and put your credits there. This way they will be hidden and you can still refer back to them. Hope this is remotely close to want you are talking about!!
    What a GREAT idea!!! I had never thought of doing it this way!! Thanks for the tip!!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11