Thread: Hi from Louisville, KY

1. Thumbs up Hi from Louisville, KY

Home of the Kentucky Derby! I am semi-new to digital scrapbooking! I have been fumbling my way through GIMP and wanted to thank you for the best tutorials for templates! I have finally been able to use one and create a page that I will post in my gallery. Thank you also for the wonderful freebies!

Welcome to Designer Digitals! So glad you found us, and I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome to DD!! Aren't the tutorials amazing!! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome here!
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

Welcome to DD! I'll be looking for your layouts in the gallery!

I frequently travel through KY and think you have an absolutely beautiful state!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Welcome! I always tell those who show an interest, to learn how to use a template first, the rest makes so much more sense after that. Hope to be seeing more of you around these parts!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Beck View Post
    Welcome! I always tell those who show an interest, to learn how to use a template first, the rest makes so much more sense after that. Hope to be seeing more of you around these parts!
    Welcome! And Nancy is so right! To me, learning by using templates really helped with understanding all that goes on in the layers palette.

Can't wait to see your work.
    kelly
    Louisburg, KS

my blog

Welcome to DD. You'll find there is so much help and inspiration here. I'm looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

9. It is so good to have you here at Designer Digitals! I have a few friends in Kentucky and have visited there a few times. Kentucky is such a beautifil state and I've loves eating at Louisville's Lynn's Paradise Cafe several times!!! I will be looking for your pages!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Welcome to Designer Digitals, you will love it here!! Not only are the tutorials fab but you will find a whole community of super talented and friendly members on hand to help with anything and everything digital, not to mention the wonderful inspiration you will find in the gallery and on the blog !! I look forward to seeing your pages :-)
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

11. a big welcome to you--you've found the best digiscrapping community there is!!
    looking forward to seeing your pages!
    heather

Welcome to DD, you will love it here! I'm looking forward to seeing your pages!
    Trace

Welcome! I started with templates too. Play your way through some tutorials and you'll find your way.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Welcome,
    I too started with templates and moved on from there. Like Maureen said, play with some tutorials, (one of the best ways I found to learn) and have fun!

I've learnt so much from this wonderful place. Templates are a great place to start from. Look forward to seeing your pages
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

Welcome - Look forward to seeing your pages. If you have any questions, post them in the forum. Everyone is very helpful here!

welcome to the designer digital community! you will find this to be such a supportive group; look forward to your gallery postings!
    Debbie

Welcome, welcome!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

welcome! yes - the tutorials & templates are great help in the beginning! looking forward to seeing your pages!

Uly

Welcome to DD! I think you will love the community, I can't wait to see your pages in the gallery!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Looking forward to your gallery post - welcome!
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

Welcome to DD! We're glad you're here, and I think you will find that you're glad to be here, too! It's such a friendly, helpful, inspiring, creative place!
    Connie