Thread: Big Thank You on img2icns software

Smile Big Thank You on img2icns software

I'm not sure if it was Mollie (readstoomuch) who sang the praises of this little piece of software, but let me tell you, I'm lovin' it. I used it a lot in the recent Overlays specials, and I KNOW it'll get a workout in the upcoming sale. Every file gets its preview image placed super fast. Who doesn't like drag and drop???

If I'm wrong on who suggested it, let me spread my thanks around to all you who help make scrapping life a bit easier on the old fingers. Every step saved is more scrapping time!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I must have missed it, I don't even know what you are talking about..
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

3. Anke, img2icns is a great little free software which lets you drag a jpg. preview into a box . . . you then drag the entire folder in on top of it and immediately your folder has a preview on top of it! It is so easy.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not . . . I have used it for over a year and do sing it's praises! When I used a PC the folders of DD products had a preview on each one automatically . . . but, when I switched to my Mac I had to find a work around. Maureen told us about a way to do this which was terrific, and then after having thumb pain I googled the preview problem and found this great freebie!

If you have a Mac you will absolutely love using img2icns. I think that the title of it means "images to icons".
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

I just started using this too, and it is FABULOUS! It took me a little while to figure out that you really just drag and drop, first the preview, then the folder, but once I got the concept - wow! Like Maureen said it will be some effort to get the preview showing on every folder, but at least with new downloads I can do it as I download. And did anyone mention it's free!

Smile

This sounds perfect - I've been trying to figure out a way to see the previews ever since I got Windows 7!! Off to google it! Thanks!! [Oh, nuts - I just went there and realized it's for a Mac!! It's a great idea and I wish it would work on a PC]
    Julie

oh wow. thank you! its amazing!!
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

7. I figured out how to put previews on a folder with a MAC but this is so much easier. Thank you!

Oh my gosh ... i spent hours upon hours a couple years ago trying to "set" the previews of my folders which didn't go well time and time again so i finally created a separate folder for all of my preview jpgs. But that system does work for me so i'm sticking to it!

WOW! I've always had a folder for my previews, but I've been doing this "manually" for months now for my new purchases. As easy as this is I can go back and put the preview on all my earlier stuff, too! Thanks!
    ~Kelly

Okay - I really love this. I just wished I had saved all of my previews from the beginning. I just recently started to save them for the last year. Thank you Mollie!
    Wendy

11. Just a thought for you, "ryanhannah". I have had some folders in the past which, for one reason or another had no preview. I found that if the product is still in the store, you can right click the kit cover from the store listing and use it for your icon for that particular product. I don't have any solution for those products you might have which are no longer in the store.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Smile

Thank you Mollie. I will certainly look in the shop for the older items I have bought.
    Wendy

I have made my own previews for items like the chat giveaways where there are a limited # of items to arrange on a page, label and then save in a 600x600 jpeg. But for a kit...no way.

However, there are actions available on line to create previews from a kit but as they are for designers, they are priced in the $20 range I think. I decided I didn't need a preview quite that much!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5