Thread: New all around

1. New all around

Hi to all,
    I joined a couple of months ago but I have just discovered this intro page.

My name is Lara and I live in Vegas. A sahm of 1 boy.

I am just venturing into scrapbooking after making a couple of photo books but feeling like i wanted more options.

It might be a while before i post any finished products. I am still getting familiar with PSE (which is quite daunting) never mind working out how to put together a balanced page.

I am not a "creative" type but feel like i need an outlet like this. I also think it is important for my son to have lots of memory kick starters. I love looking back at old photo albums and remembering way back when.

I think the work on here is wonderful and signed up to DD because the standard is so professional.

Thanks for making me welcome and providing an amazing site.

Lara

Hi Lara, and welcome. Yes it is daunting when you first start off, I remember that feeling well, and you know what, it still hits from time to time, so many ideas, so little time. And you will surprise yourself with your creativity, mark my words.

Just jump in and join in the discussions and wander through the galleries for inspiration. I can recommend Cassie's tutorials, each and every one of them, to help you on your way.

Digital Scrapbooking Products at DesignerDigitals

Enjoy.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Welcome Lara!

When I first started Cassie's tutorials were a godsend. I highly recommend purchasing them.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

4. welcome Lara! i too know well that overwhelmed-with-PSE feeling. you'll be impressing us with your pages in no time, i'm sure!
    heather

Welcome! You'll be a pro in no time. Working with templates make it super easy and I think they would a good way to learn a little of how PSE works. There are great templates available here.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

6. Welcome Lara..... Have fun making your memories.... check out the templates and the turtorials.... they are a great place to start!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Welcome Lara, it's so nice to have you join us! Be sure to check out some Digital Scrapbooking Tips - DesignerDigitals or just ask away. There's also an elements q and a forum
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

8. Can't add anything but WELCOME!
    Susan

Welcome Lara! Sometimes simple is best and the memories are still recorded!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Welcome to DD, Lara!! You will figure this out in no time, I can't wait to see your pages in the gallery You are so right about the memory kick start!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

11. Welcome! Welcome! So glad you introduced yourself, Lara.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Welcome, Lara! Looking forward to seeing your work in the Gallery!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Welcome!! I never considered myself creative either, but getting into this has kind of changed the way I look at myself Ask questions and just keep playing - it will all come! I look forward to seeing your work in the gallery one day....

Welcome! You're going to love diving into this community and feel more creative
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

Welcome Lara! You are at the right place and all of us were right where you are at one time. You will find oodles of support and information here!

Welcome to DD Lara - if you just keep playing and experimenting - and maybe do a few of Cassie's tutorials (which also include the papers and elements you need to make a page), you will be surprised how quickly you pick it all up. There is always someone around here to answer a question - so don't be afraid to ask. Welcome again - this really is the best place!! So glad you found us!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome, Lara! We're delighted you found DD. Scrapbooking is such a wonderful creative outlet and has the added bonus of preserving the memories you're making with your little guy. Eagerly waiting to see what you create!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome to DD Lara, I look forward to seeing your pages
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

Welcome! i´m new here, too - be sure, you´re pages will be very welcome in the gallery! everybody´s so nice and warm here - hope you will feel the same!!

So nice of you to introduce yourself. Welcome to DD, Lara. :O)
    ~Kelly

Welcome to DD Lara!! Nice to meet you cant wait to see your pages
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

Welcome Laura! You will love it here as everyone is so friendly and helpful. There are so many great tutorials, check out the ones by Cassie. I've been digi scrapping since 2009 and still refer her books. I just got back from Vegas last Thursday. My daughter and family live there and I needed a grandma fix. If you have any questions about PSE just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help as will most everyone here!

23. Hi Lara. so glad that you introduced yourself. It does take awhile to feel comfortable using PSE . . . but, once you do you will love digi scrapping. It is such a great way to record memories for your children . . . and if they get peanut butter and jelly all over your prized book, you can just order another! Welcome!!!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

24. Hi Lara! It took me some time to post here because, well like you , I don't think I'm creative enough...But I had a really warm welcome and there are lots of help here. Welcome!

Hi Lara, and welcome. I was one that said I would "never" get into digi scrapbooking, (I was a die hard paper scrapper), but have made the leap and haven't looked back! I would say to "do it" now, while your son is young, you will never regret it!

I started off with Cassie's tutorial on how to scrap with templates and went from there. So many awesome tutorials here to get you started, and anything you don't know, just ask here, these girls are amazing and so willing to help! As I've found, there's no such thing as a stupid question. When I started approx. 3 years ago, I was so computer illiterate, I didn't even know how to download the digital files!
    Google tutorials on the web as well, on what particular program you are using (lots of them out there)
    I never thought of myself as creative before either, but I LOVE this hobby and recording our memories!

Good Luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MIDA78466 View Post
    Welcome Lara!

When I first started Cassie's tutorials were a godsend. I highly recommend purchasing them.
    hi lara and welcome to designer digitals!

i completely agree with teri!! cassie's ' laying it all out' and how'd they do that' tutorials are worth their weight in gold!
    Debbie

Hi Lara! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery soon...
    Jeannie
    My gear:
    Canon 7D , Canon Rebel XSi. Lens: Tamron 28-75 2.8 / Canon 50mm 1.8 /Macro 90mm 2.8 / Canon 55-250mm 4.5 / PSE 8/ Lightroom 3

Love your reasoning for jumping into a creative endeavor when you don't feel you are a creative person... you are right, it is so important to show our kids their past and remind them how very loved they are!
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

Hi Lara! I'm late to the thread here, but so glad that you're here. My prediction: after feeling a bit overwhelmed for a little while with PSE, suddenly it will 'click' and you will be completely hooked! And one of the best parts is that it seems that you'll never quit learning new tricks and ideas. You'll be having fun at this for years and years!! I'm looking forward to seeing your pages.
    Connie