Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad New To Digital Scrapping

1. Dad New To Digital Scrapping

Hello Ladies,

My name is Bryan and I am new to digital scrapbooking. My main hobby: an avid photographer. My wife has been encouraging me to scrap the view point of my photographs for several years now and I have finally given in. I've been tooling through the gallery, and what inspiration. Not really knowing exactly what to scrap... my wife suggested that I 1) scrap my man things (things that I know, my view point using my dry sense of humor) and 2) start with some challenges to get the process started... so here I am.

I have two layouts done and have been having trouble uploading them to the galleries... I was wondering if there was someone that could help me. After I upload... I get a screen that says (upload successful) but then as it pops me back to my photos... there is nothing there and it reads (this category does not contain any images). If anyone could suggest any tricks, that would be great.

First of all - welcome!! Can't wait to see what you've come up with Sounds like the pages might be too big to upload?? Try changing the size of the pages you're trying to share and see if that helps....

More info about resizing and such here: http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...-question.html

3. Welcome! Sounds like Jess has pointed you in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing your pages!
    Susan

Great to have you here and looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery!

PS that happens when you forget to resize your layouts to websize (as we have ALL done at some point!) so I think Jess has put you right there :-)

Welcome Bryan! You join an exclusive group of men who post here occasionally (Bill and Snibber). Any photo that you want to tell a story about is a great subject for a scrap page. I look forward to seeing your images and stories about your "man things" and reading you humorous journaling!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

6. Welcome to DD! I look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery.
    Patsy

Welcome Bryan!! I sure hope you can get your layouts uploaded because I'm anxious to see them! The resizing was where I was going to point you, too!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Hi Bryan! Welcome to DD - can't wait to see your layouts in the gallery - I'm sure the resizing should work for you! We love it when a man joins our community - gives us a chance to see life from a male perspective for a change - Bravo!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Bryan or Richard, welcome! What also may be happening is that you have reached your daily limit for uploads in a 24 hour period. Not a day, rather 24 hours so you need to keep track of you upload time. Attempts count as well as actual uploads. I ran into this when I was first new and had more than one failed attempt! Way more!

Gallery Guidelines

Katie, am I correct with this??
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Oh I am so excited to have another guy around here! (another in reference to the other two males we have, not me )I can't wait to see what you photograph. You'll find a lot of us are pretty nuts about photography! I am so happy to have your here, welcome to DD!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome to DD, Bryan! I'm looking forward to seeing your photographs and pages!
    Trace

Welcome welcome! So happy you found us! I see Jess has pointed you in the right direction, and Lynn is right, we've all done that before. Can't wait to see your pages with your POV! Let us know if you have any more questions!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome! Loving your avatar Can't wait to see your photos and layouts!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Welcome to designer digitals

15. Esther, you forgot Steven! 3 by my count!
    Susan

We certainly are looking forward to your "dad designed" layouts in the gallery! I'm sure you'll get the sizing figured out quickly.
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Welcome, Bryan! You have a smart wife there. Glad you decided to jump in. :O)
    ~Kelly

Welcome Bryan!! Can't wait to see your "dad" layouts and really excited to see your photography!
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

19. Welcome to DD! It's great to have you with us!
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

Whoops, yes, Steven!! And of course Randy pops in every now and then
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! You'll love it here - it's addictive Looking forward to seeing your layouts Bryan.
    Jenelle

My Gallery

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

oh welcome aboard the DD website I'm an avid photographer too
    Where abouts are you from?
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Welcome aboard! Will look forward to seeing your pages. You'll find this an incredibly rewarding craft and be so special for your family.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Welcome to DD, Bryan -- can't wait to see your photos and your pages!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Bryan! Looking forward to seeing your photography/pages in the gallery. I always love to see the perspective from a man's point of view.

My cousin used to do all the scrapping and his wife would do most of the journaling.... he was the artist in the family....

Well if your avatar is any indication of things to come, I'm sure we're in for a treat!! Love it!

Can't wait to see your pages and your photos!!! Welcome to Designer Digitals!!!
    LoriS

My Gallery

Welcome Bryan - looking forward to seeing your pictures and pages!
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

28. Good Morning Ladies!!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! Looking forward to this new journey! As I told my wife... Now that I am 57, I'm giving up exercising and trying something new! Ok, well in all honesty, I've never been an exerciser... but I think that may be a great subject for a page... a picture of
    'our' (ok really mine) old treadmill stored in the corner of our garage!!

Thanks for the help regarding uploading... I'll re-size and give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRychard View Post
    ... but I think that may be a great subject for a page... a picture of
    'our' (ok really mine) old treadmill stored in the corner of our garage!!
    Garage? My brother tells me that they make great clothes hangers if you keep them in the house. :O) Wonderful first pages, Bryan.
    ~Kelly

30. welcome welcome! love the little bit of humor you shared with us all in your first page...can't wait to see more
    heather

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast