Thread: german newbie says "hello"

german newbie says "hello"

Hello everybody,

my name is Uly and i´m 38 years old. I live in Germany and my everyday life is accompanied by my husband and my dog "Lotte" (a cheeky little bugger...).

Creativity was always part of my life: i love making music (especially playing saxophone), sewing (i´m addicted to selfmade bags...), and creating little presents out of wonderful papers and embellishments. - Actually there never is enough time to realize all my ideas.

I never was a scrapbooker though, ´til i found Ali´s and Katie´s blogs. It´s wonderful how they preserve all the special little moments of life.

After taking about a hundred peeks in this forum´s gallery (it´s awesome!) i finally decided to try some digital scrapbooking myself. I´m afraid this will be my new addiction...

Thanks for the inspiration!

What a great little story to introduce yourself! You are very welcome here and yes, you're probably right - a new addiction has begun (I speak as a digital scrapbook junkie myself!). I'm sure you will have a great time - be sure to ask questions if you need to - there's always someone around here that can answer them! Good luck - and happy scrapping!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome Maruma! Yes, this is very addictive! It sounds like you have a fun collection of interests. I hope you will soon be posting some pages about them!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome!!! It IS addictive, but so much fun!
    Trace

5. yay--welcome to the land of the obsessed
    heather

Hello! So glad you've found us! Welcome and we look forward to getting to know you!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

You will just love this hobby! Welcome to DD! You will just love it here! I'll be watching for you in the gallery! Guten Tag!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

8. Welcome to DD Uly!! You will love your new hobby....and we will love seeing your pages in the gallery and getting to know you!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Welcome to DD, Uly! We have a wonderful community here and I am looking forward to seeing your work in the gallery!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Welcome to DD, Uly -- you've discovered a fabulous hobby, and DD is just the place to stoke your creative fires. Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome, Uly! So glad you introduced yourself. I think you're going to love it here. :O)
    ~Kelly

12. Uly, hello! Welcome! I enjoyed your story about how you arrived here among all of us digital scrappers and there are many crafters, like you, here, too. Thanks for introducing yourself. I look forward to getting to know you through your memory pages.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Hey a fellow German Where about in Germany do you live?? I was born and raised in Wuppertal. So good to have you here, this really is an addictive hobby. I love the page you just posted, your Lotte is adorable
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

14. So happy to see you here! Welcome, Uly to Designer Digitals. I love what you wrote as you introduced yourself to us . . . and especially that you already know that you will become addicted to digi scrapping. I think that I know that your are much like many of us here when you said "actually there never is enough time to realize all my ideas". I look forward to seeing more of you.

P.S. We lived in Darmstadt for several years and so loved it there. Germany is one of the most beautiful places where we have ever traveled and are planning a trip back before too long.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

wow - i´m overwhelmed! thanks for your friendly welcome!

you´re right: i´m already infected. today i spent three hours figuring out how to blend images. it looks so gorgeous on your pages.

@anke: i live only 11/2 hours north from Wuppertal via A43 - in Münster! Verrückte Welt...

@mollie: darmstadt is almost four hours south from where i live and i agree: the countryside round there is awesome - but you should come and see my hometown: it is smaller than darmstadt but one of the loveliest places in germany . perhaps i can catch some impressions and present them in the gallery.

16. I think the closest we travel toward you was to Solingen, Dusseldorf and Cologne. Uly, I know that I am not the only one here who will love to see the countryside where you live Germany. Designer Digitals is a virtual travel book!!!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

17. Welcome Uly! You are going to love your time here at DD! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    LeAnne

Welcome! We're so glad you're here! You may well become addicted, but that's OK! (You're in good company )
    Connie

Welcome Uly, so glad you found DD. You will enjoy it here and I'm sure you'll find a lot of inspiration for your new addiction.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by readstoomuch View Post
    I think the closest we travel toward you was to Solingen, Dusseldorf and Cologne. Uly, I know that I am not the only one here who will love to see the countryside where you live Germany. Designer Digitals is a virtual travel book!!!
    Mollie, I had no idea you travelled to Solingen! You were almost in my backyard LOL

Uly, ich habe leider Muenster nie gesehen, bin nicht viel in meinem Heimatland rumgekommen Ich wuerde wirklich gerne nochmal rueberkommen und eine Rundfahrt machen! Nochmals herzlich willkommen, die Leute hier sind wirklich sehr nett, ich glaube es wird Dir gefallen!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Willkommen, Uly! So happy you found us and are giving digital scrapbooking a try... and, yes... it most definitely will be addicting! But, in a very good way! Can't wait to see your pages!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet