Thread: THANK YOU so much ladies!

1. THANK YOU so much ladies!

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this post in... still learning my way around this site (what a great place by the way)!

Just wanted to say a special 'thank you' to you wonderful ladies! You have made me feel so welcome! All of your encouragement, kind words and inspiration truly has me hooked!

As I wrote on my blog the other day...

Gone are the days of... just glue the picture down on the page and scribbling a little something. The amazing pictures, design and heartfelt journaling are astonishing, not to mention all of the time that is put into the preservation of a memory. These ladies pour their heart and soul into each and every remembrance scrapped... this is truly an art form all of its own.

Thanks again!

So cool to have you here and am enjoying your perspective Glad you're enjoying it here as well!

I'm not around in the gallery much anymore, and while I don't post a whole lot in the forum I'm here every day checking out new posts. I've loved reading about you and seeing the support you've received. I was a paper scrapper for ten years and happened on this site on a recommendation from Jessica Sprague. I probably wouldn't have gotten as enthusiastic about digiscrapping as I did if it weren't for the fun, loving community here. I don't have in-real-life people to share my books with outside of my family, so this is my support. I have laughed a lot, and cried a lot, but never alone.

It's a special place, and I'm so happy you're enjoying it here. I used to check dozens of forums at various sites each day, but life got busy and I had to decide which one I'd stay faithful to. I chose DD.

Happy Scrapping!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

And while there are a few guys here (not too active on the forums, from what I can tell), it's great to have a man-perspective on the hobby. I still get teased a lot when I tell people I'm a scrapbooker (in fact, sometimes I'm embarrassed and I just don't bring it up!) because I think they immediately see the big old black books with the paper glued down, etc., instead of anything aesthetically appealing. Having a man understanding the artistic side as well as the purposefulness of telling the stories is very encouraging and invigorating. It's easy to get bogged down in the doing of it and to forget the fun of it all!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

I'm loving your sense of humour Bryan. You crack me up.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

You are truly bringing a breath of fresh air to the gallery with your sense of humor and your perspective on things. You are also quite talented!! Love having you around
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

You are welcome! We love your fresh perspective on our beloved hobby! And your work is wonderful.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

It's always fun to share what we love! It's great "seeing" you here!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

You are very talented and we are glad you're here!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

10. I'm glad you're sharing your photographs and your creative ideas with us, Bryan!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Your wife had a wonderful idea in suggesting you bring your talent to this medium. Your work is great!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

We're glad you're here too!

13. We also appreciate the effort that others put into their pages and we like to share with others who "get it". Thank you for sharing your perspective/talent with us.
    Susan

14. its great to have fresh eyes and a fun perspective...we should be thanking YOU!
    heather

15. Ah shucks everyone!

I love your pages, Bryan, and it's so good to have you here. I agree with everything Sarah (dugarner) said - this community is awesome!
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

17. Agreed.

It's so good to have you here Bryan! I LOVE your photography and great sense of humour! And am truly looking forward to "seeing" more of you in the gallery. Hopefully you will set a precedence that "scrapbooking/memory keeping" is not just a "girl" thing!
    P.S. Your wife is a smart woman!