Thread: Hello from DownUnder

Hello from DownUnder

Hello

Completely new here, and I have an agenda (for which I will apologise in advance).

I am not a digital scrapbooker... I *am* lusting after many of the Silhouette cut-outs which Ali Edwards uses, particularly in her Project Life album. I contacted her, and she suggested I make contact via a community, with others who may use them.

Long story short - I live in New Zealand and I don't have a Silhouette. They're not sold here (I could possibly get one off of TradeMe, or from Amazon, but there would be very little backup/support). I have searched ebay and can't find any cut-outs for sale. I *want* to pay someone to post some to me, please!

If you're an Ali Edwards fan, and if you use files and Silhouette cut-outs in a similar manner to which she does in her PL album, I would like to hear from you with a view to paying you to cut some out for me and pop them in the post to me.

Looking forward to reading inspiring information from you all, and feeling completely overwhelmed when you start talking about lenses, about PSE, about stuff I don't know about! My cyber-shot and iPhone stand me in good stead, as does my local photo printing place and all that 'old fashioned' stuff

I wish you luck, I have no idea what a Silhouette even is. I know some of the girls here are doing PL using the digi supplies but doing it in a hard copy form. That's not the correct terminology, but you know what I mean.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

In my paper scrapping days, the most advanced I got was using a sizzix to cut out letters! That's tough that you can't get a supplier in NZ. Good luck in your quest, and welcome to DD! You might be more likely to get a response if you post a thread with "Can you help with silhouette?" or something like that in the title.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I don't have a Silhouette but I have friends who have them, and if I were a paper scrapper a Silhouette would be a must. It is amazing. It will cut out anything that you have a design for on your computer. You can take any file, any font, and it will cut it out. You don't have to buy the cartridges like you do with the Cricut.

So sorry I can't help! I've been a digital scrapper for years now and I don't have any paper supplies. I hope someone can help you.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

I hope you find someone here to help you. In my paper scrapping life, I had a Wishblade, which did the same as the Silhouette - no cartridges were needed and it would cut any font or file on the computer. I ended up giving it away when I purged all my paper scrapping supplies and went digital.

Good luck!
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

I was a paper scrapper but never had a Silhouette -- now I'm completely digital and loving it. Hope you can find someone to help you.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Oh boy, I don't have one either, I have a Cricut that's collecting dust I hope you'll be able to find somebody to help you (or else just start digi scrapping ) Welcome to DD!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Hate to rain on the parade here but technically, if someone did that, it would be commercial use and not available with our licenses. sorry. But maybe Ali will just have to launch a paper line of cut outs!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Quote Originally Posted by katie pertiet View Post
    Hate to rain on the parade here but technically, if someone did that, it would be commercial use and not available with our licenses. sorry. But maybe Ali will just have to launch a paper line of cut outs!
    That's what I was concerned about. I do have a Silouhette but I rarely use it. I use it for an occasional project, vinyl cutting or for my Sunday School class....and I don't want to cut out by hand.

If you buy from Amazon and need support, Silouhette has an email address you could contact them that way. They also have an 800#, but I'm not sure how useful that is outside if the US.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17