Thread: Instagram

Instagram

Although this is null and void for me at the moment, for some reason my android won't load it, although I have put it on my iPad, just wondering to those who are scrapping their instagram, how are you getting it from your phone to a scrap layout? And what is the general resolution of the photos?
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I just plug my phone in and ask it to act as a drive. The instagram photos are there in a folder inside the photos folder. The are about 860 pixels wide, so they can be almost 3" square on your page at 300dpi.
    I checked on another android phone and the instagram app showed up in the market on that phone. I have no idea why you are having such trouble!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Transferring photos is easy and same as Esther. Instagram use depends on the operating system as i know older phones are not always able to run this app. Not sure which phone you have Carol but this could be the problem. What is your operating system??
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

My iTunes account is on the laptop but I scrap on the desktop. I sync my phone with iTunes and then share the photo on our network so I can then pull it from the desk top!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Carol if you can't load instagram try Pixir-o-matic. I actually like this better as it has more variations of overlays etc. Anyway it is all fun!!
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

you can also send them to yourself as emails if you can't connect

My shutterfly pages with the photobooks I have made

I have been plugging in my phone or emailing them.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

8. Quote Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
    you can also send them to yourself as emails if you can't connect
    This is how I usually get my Instagram photos on my laptop for scrapping with them, especially if I don't want to take time to plug the iPhone in to my laptop.

However:
    I recently activated my iCloud membership and I see that the Instagram photos from my iPhone are automatically synching to my photo stream on iCloud and so are also accessible from iPhoto on my laptop. I just haven't tried accessing them from there for scrapping yet. I am going to try it.

Esther, that helps to know how big it would be OK to make the Instagram photos on a page.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

My hubby has the iphone with instagram so I just have him email them to me. I just recently started this and I am excited about it. When I drug a photo onto my canvas - it was very small and I just left it at that size. Hope you can get it working!!!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

Well after Esther tried helping me last night looking at the settings, because my Android is 2 years old, I might have an old operating system. Or at least it's not compatible with Instagram or so it says when I try to download. I've given up and I'm going to use pixlr-o-matic, at least it loves me ! (thanks for the suggestion Carolyn).
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Carol, my transfer is via the cloud/photostream for my iPhone, which I know is no help to you.

What I do though is resize each photo from 72 ppi to 300 ppi and from 26" to about 6x8 for most all. In addition I use the CoffeeShop Little Perk on them. hth!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5