Thread: Hi from Western Australia

Smile Hi from Western Australia

Hi, My name is Dayna and I live in Perth, Western Australia.

I have been scrapbooking for years as a 100% traditional scrapper (I love paper and embellies). Other then printing out jouranlling, I have never really entered into the digital world of scrapbooking. Recently I wanted to do something with my iPhone instagram photos, but I wanted it to be quick and simple, so it would be something I would continue to do and not just start and never finish.

That is when I came across Cathy Zielske's Template No. 89. I had always admired Cathy's clean and simple styple of scrapping, but never really understood the digital side of it. I am slowly using and understanding PSE more now, so thought it was about time I attempted something digital.

So...my Instagram month by month project was born. I couldn't bring myself to go 100% digital, so I print the main section on white cardstock and matt and back the remainder on paper. I guess thats what they call hybrid...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about the digital side of scrapbooking and getting lots of inspiration from everyone.

You can check out my work here on my blog... The Adventures of Us

Dayna xxx

Nice to meet you, Dayna! All the Aussie ladies here will be excited to meet you, I'm sure. I have been 100% digital for years now, but I tell you, if I were crafty, I'd follow in the footsteps of Cathy, Ali, and all those amazing hybrid masters. Their work is beautiful, but I just can't do that stuff.

Sounds like you're finding a style that works for you! This is a great place to be, such a fun and warm community.

Off to check out your blog!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Welcome... BEAUTIFUL work!

Hybrid is the best of both worlds... but like Sarah I just find my busy life doesn't give me the time to scrap and clean up But, I love looking at everybody's hybrid projects!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

4. Welcome Dayna! Great wrap up LO's!
    Susan

Welcome to DD, Dayna! I enjoyed seeing your pages in the gallery and look forward to more. I was a paper scrapper who went 100% digital almost four years ago -- haven't regretted it for a moment.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome to DD!! Your pages are beautiful and your photography is so stunning!! It'll be fun to watch your album unfold!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Love your work and am so happy you found DD's website! Welcome!
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

8. Dayna, your pages are inspiring! I love how you combine digital and paper for a hybrid presentation. I enjoyed seeing the pages on your blog, too. I'm happy you are sharing here at DD. Big welcome to you!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Welcome! What a lovely blog you have! Your pages in the gallery look lovely!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Hi Dayna,
    I'm in Perth too! and from your pages in the gallery, I guessing you might be in the same suburb!
    Glad you found us here at DD. It's a great source of inspiration. I paperscrapped for many years and just loved it. But I've been completely digital since 2007 and love it even more!
    We have some great hybrid scrappers here, so I'm sure you'll fit right in!!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks so much for the welcmome ladies! I don't think I could ever leave my paper and embellies behind 100%, but I have a feeling this digital/hybrid thing could get a little addictive, especially now that I have found these fantastic Cathy Zielske templates.

Looking forward to learning more from all you lovely ladies and sharing more of my creations.

Dayna

PS: Sharon, I'm south of the river in Perth. Are you too?

Welcome Dayna, another Aussie here too! So glad to have you join us.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Yes, Dayna - in Willetton!
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Oh my gosh, how fun that you two are finding each other here of all places This is such a great community!!! Welcome Dayna, hybrid is an awesome way to go, that's how I started digi. I am so glad you joined in the fun around here!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shannamay View Post
    Yes, Dayna - in Willetton!
    Oh cool! I'm in Canning Vale, but spend a lot of time in Willetton. I went to Willetton SHS and spent most of my teenage years and the basketball stadium. Now I'm back there with my own kids playing and me coaching them.

WHAT A SMALL WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!