Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Commercial license needed for pub lo's?

  1. Commercial license needed for pub lo's?

    It just occurred to me to wonder this. I know most designers require that you buy a commercial license to their products if you plan to sell the finished lo, card, scrapbook, etc. using their designs. But how does that work for published lo's? If I get paid by a publication is that really a "sale" that would require a commercial license for the designs I used in the published piece? I am assuming not, but why not? How is being paid by CK any different than by a customer? Just wondering.

  2. #2
    No, a published page is not the same as selling a piece of wall decor. We appreciate the advertising that publishing gets the designers and an extended license is not required
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

    Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

  3. #3
    That's how I found DD! After seeing pages made with DD products in the big scrapbooking mags, I had to come check this place out! I am so glad I did!!!
    Amy Mallory


  4. #4
    Me too! That is exactly what brought me to DD way back in 2008!

  5. #5
    Same with me.....2008 for me too!!

    My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts