Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live In The Moment & Document It Too : Sale Event 2/11/12

1. TIP #3 | Listen

Listen to your inner voice. Does it say to put the camera down? Does it say you need more of less content (more/less words, more/less photos). Be respectful and trust that inner voice.

Listening is also critical for discovering stories that might be important to you. I'm always overhearing things my kids say and jotting those bits down on journaling cards.

I also listen for patterns. Things they are saying, things I'm saying, etc.

Sometimes I use the notes app on my iPhone to jot down things I want to remember. Or an even quicker way is to use the voice recorder! My phone is always with me, so easy to grab and record.
    Jenelle

My Gallery

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

3. I did the December daily in 2011 for the first time and it was the first time that I actually asked people to take photos with me in them.
    Patsy

4. I still take the majority of the pictures but I have been working on making sure that I am in some of them.

5. Thank you for the freebie, Ali!
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Edwards View Post
    TIP #3 | Listen
    I also listen for patterns. Things they are saying, things I'm saying, etc.
    Oh, good one!
    Shirley
    "I never met a mouse I didn't like."
    (with apologies to Will Rogers)
    My Gallery

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

I think a good way of doing that is that I handed my camera to Mike at Christmas and said ... righto, you have the next 2 minutes, take whatever you want. It was interesting to see his view of the moment too, which included me in it as well. Okay so photos of my backside don't count !!

Quote Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
    Me too, Carol. I have very FEW photos of me with my girls as babies... So sad about that. It's like I wasn't even there! Except I was always on the other side of the camera.

I need to take pics of my girls doing everyday things - not posing.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

8. Everyday life product suggestion #3 : Everyday Sentiment Strips Brushes & Stamps

9. Love the patterns idea!

10. The most important thing for me to remember to BALANCE. Balance between the everyday pictures of my girls and also some posing, Balance between observing and participating, Balance between documenting everything or documenting nothing.....
    I agree about the importance of writing down some things in the moment....sometimes I'll wait til I journal at the end of the day and then all those little nuggets of conversations with my kids are gone by then!

love candid shots, they tell the story so much better then the posed ones.
    Nikon D700
    Lens Nikon 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, Flash SB600
    Dell PC, PSE5 and Wacom Bamboo fun

12. I have tried to hand over the camera too. We also take a couple of photos of us together, you know the kind I mean, arm extended.....usually good for a few laughs too
    Susan

13. Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    I think a good way of doing that is that I handed my camera to Mike at Christmas and said ... righto, you have the next 2 minutes, take whatever you want. It was interesting to see his view of the moment too, which included me in it as well.
    I love the idea of including and asking for other's perspectives on stories - both with the camera and with words.

This is why I taught my hubby to use the "big" camera But, I have actually taken far less photos at events. I try to get enough to include the people, mood and activities but then I put my camera away.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Listening and trusting your inner voice is so important! You can't go wrong - for me, if I stop and listen it works every time!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

I've also been trying to be more present in my photos. I think that is so important! But I also like Limequila's idea too, of just writing. they will appreciate the stories.

17. I have been using this website for daily journaling- Live Simply: Organize, Plan, Have Fun | Cozi.com
    It works with android phones and has helped me to journal a bit each day.

18. Really like those Embracing the Everyday brushes

I love all your word art - when I first started I was at a total loss as to what to buy, (so many ot pick from) so I just practically eenie meenie miney mo'd it just to pick up something, anything. I love everything I guessed at.

TV says Whitney Houston just Died...
    LoriS

My Gallery

Hi everyone! Ali, love your freebie! I thought I was done with scrapping for the night but if it's tips for scrapping and not having to scrap, I'm in!
    Sylvia

Lori you are kidding!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Okay so photos of my backside don't count !!
    That's what happens when I hand my camera over!! ROFL!!!
    Jenelle

My Gallery

24. Quote Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
    Wow. Hadn't heard that.
    Patsy

I really want to start thinking 'outside of the box' with my digi-scrapping... I want to get more creative so my layouts have more of a 'WOW' factor...
    Liz

26. TIP #4 | Become seamless.

My goal is to not have my camera, or the fact that I'm documenting a moment, get in the way or be a distraction. When it gets distracting (for myself or others) I put it down and I'll try again in a bit. I don't nag with my camera, I capture things as they are happening and every once in awhile I'll ask my kids to look at me if I want a specific photo of them looking at the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen D View Post
    Lori you are kidding!
    Nope... Watching the Voice (while chatting here) and it said it on the ticker at the bottom of the screen...
    LoriS

My Gallery

28. Quote Originally Posted by ateacher View Post
    I have been using this website for daily journaling- Live Simply: Organize, Plan, Have Fun | Cozi.com
    It works with android phones and has helped me to journal a bit each day.
    Wow. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
    Oh no...?
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Edwards View Post
    TIP #4 | Become seamless.

My goal is to not have my camera, or the fact that I?m documenting a moment, get in the way or be a distraction. When it gets distracting (for myself or others) I put it down and I?ll try again in a bit. I don?t nag with my camera, I capture things as they are happening and every once in awhile I?ll ask my kids to look at me if I want a specific photo of them looking at the camera.
    I'll have to try that. I think I'm a camera nag.. the Mammarazzi type.
    LoriS

My Gallery

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast