Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live In The Moment & Document It Too : Sale Event 2/11/12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Limequilla View Post
    My kids are grown up and I did a poor job of it all, but every so often I'd write out what I thought about what they did or said, and it's those stories they go back to and re read - not the photos, not anything except what I thought about them, or what I wrote about them.
    That's so great! What an awesome thing for your kids to have, even if you don't think it was all that much. A little something is way better. I hope to set up some good habits now while my son is 2 and I am waiting to build our family.

I don't know how you keep up with your project life and week in the life projects, in addition to all the other projects. I admire all the project lifers!

3. Note: These tips are ideas for how to actually be present in the moments you are documenting .

TIP #1 | Be Aware

Simply acknowledge that you want to be more present in the moment even when you are documenting it is the first step. This simple bit of self-knowledge will lead you to making better decisions in the moment. For me, living in the moment and documenting my life experiences are two very important pieces of my life.

4. Hi LoriS I'm LoriS as well! Funny!

5. Thanks Ali! I love this freebie, as I love all of your stuff!

6. Thanks for clarifying Suzy, LOL
    Susan

7. Sprinkled throughout the chat today I'll be making suggestions for some of my products that are great for creating layouts that document everyday life.

First up is

Life Banners Brushes & Stamps

8. Hi Ali - I'm here in Ohio and my bottom's in the chair for the hour too...Thanks for the freebie!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Great Freebie Ali, Thanks
    Nikon D700
    Lens Nikon 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 60mm 2.8 macro, Flash SB600
    Dell PC, PSE5 and Wacom Bamboo fun

I love to record every day life too - I just wish others in my social circle understood and were as passionate about it too!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ali Edwards View Post
    Simply acknowledge that you want to be more present in the moment even when you are documenting it is the first step.
    How do you go about documenting while living in the moment? Do you journal at the end of the day? Do you write little notes in a notebook you carry around?

Adorable word art! I'm a huge fan!

Thanks for the awesome WA Ali! Looking forward to this chat!

Thanks Ali. No matter what, one has to love the option of living the everyday.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

15. I really like recording eveyday life....I am just so stuck on taking the pictures and get so behind in the writing.

16. TIP #2 | Participant & Observer

During all moments of our lives we have choices. When you are in the process of documenting something with your camera it's possible to be a participant or an observer of the situation (and you can switch back and forth between the two). I find that making a conscious choice, such as right now I'll be a participant and now I'll be an observer, can make a major difference in how you approach the story.

Sometimes I like to just be behind my camera and observe.

Other times I want to really be participating in the moment and putting my camera down is a better choice.

Basically it's giving yourself clear permission to be one or the other at any given time.

17. Love the freebie Ali!
    Patsy

Love suggestions!! Just picked up lots of goodies today but always another go before the sale ends!!
    Betty Jo

My Gallery TFL
    Software: Adobe Photosho CS5

I find I'm handing over my camera a fair bit now, more than before, for someone to include me in the activities as well.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

20. "How do you go about documenting while living in the moment? Do you journal at the end of the day? Do you write little notes in a notebook you carry around?"

I do both. Sometimes I write down little notes - such as the little notecards I use for Project Life. Sometimes I wait until the end of the day. Most of the time I try to write it down immediately otherwise it tends to get away from me by the end of the day.

Sometimes I email reminders/stories to myself if I'm out and about.

21. I gave myself the freedom to put down my camera this year and just enjoy watching my kids - play sports or whaever- without the pressure of always being behind a lens.
    Angela

22. It's so important to remember to relax and enjoy life while also documenting it!
    Patsy

23. Everyday life product suggestion #2: Everyday Photos Brushes & Stamps

24. I usually jot notes down in my daily calendar either during the day or at the end of the day. Usually works best during the day because it's amazing what you can forget in just a short time!
    Patsy

25. Quote Originally Posted by Ali Edwards View Post
    "How do you go about documenting while living in the moment? Do you journal at the end of the day? Do you write little notes in a notebook you carry around?"

I do both. Sometimes I write down little notes - such as the little notecards I use for Project Life. Sometimes I wait until the end of the day. Most of the time I try to write it down immediately otherwise it tends to get away from me by the end of the day.

Sometimes I email reminders/stories to myself if I'm out and about.
    Notecards sound like a good plan...then I can just add them where I need them.

I started to do that, esp on Christmas Day. I put my camera down and participate more in the day. I used to do the other way around and always felt like I missed out on so much, as I was more interested in the photos.

Love the freebie, Ali! Thanks!
    Shirley
    "I never met a mouse I didn't like."
    (with apologies to Will Rogers)
    My Gallery

photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

28. I too am taking less photos and being in the moment more or snapping a few and putting the camera away.

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    I find I'm handing over my camera a fair bit now, more than before, for someone to include me in the activities as well.
    Me too, Carol. I have very FEW photos of me with my girls as babies... So sad about that. It's like I wasn't even there! Except I was always on the other side of the camera.

I need to take pics of my girls doing everyday things - not posing.
    LoriS

My Gallery

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    I need to do this more often!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast