Thread: Just another Noob

Smile Just another Noob

Hi, I've just gotten PSE (ver.9 ) and am excited to learn how to increase my digi skills. I am a paper devotee, but am totally excited about the hybrid possibilities. I am in Australia and can't get a lot of supplies IRL at reasonable prices (because of the shipping costs). Love that DD does Ali digitally!
    I have done basic digital layouts using a freeware program called PhotoScape, but am ready to move to the next level and learn to use layers and brushes. I am also hoping to get better at post-processing my photos. I use a point-and-shoot Panasonic and my smartphone camera and want to know more about actions and levels.

2. Welcome to DD! I know that you will love it here . . . the inspiration is A+, the products in the store are amazing and the friends you will make in the forums are the best ever! I look forward to seeing some pages from you soon!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Welcome to DD. As you get more into digital processing, you might discover that you are liking it more and more If you have any questions, shoot away. There are a lot of smar ladies around here who are more than willing to lend a hand This truly is the greatest neighborhood!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Welcome! It's great having you. I was a paper scrapper for 6 years and got rid of every piece of paper and punch I had and am totally digital and love it. The great thing is if you're scrapping at 10 p.m. and need something, it's just a mouse click away. The bad thing is, if you're scrapping at 10 p.m. and need something .....
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

Welcome to the best digital scrapping site on the net -- so glad you found your way here. You'll find lots of inspiration in the gallery, terrific tutorials and products in the store, and lots of friendly folks in the forums. Can't wait to see what you create!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

6. welcome to DD. Ask away if you have any questions!

Yay! Another Aussie! Welcome I have been reworking my old 'magnetic' albums into Project Life style page protectors using American Crafts and We R Memory keepers products. It's a great way to use the paper stash and mix in digi goodies but it is so frustrating that we pay twice as much for the albums and page protectors as our American friends!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Welcome! Yes, we've all been there . . . many here are still fervent hybrid types, but I myself went totally digital five years ago and never looked back. I should never be allowed near scissors or glue. PSE will open up so many doors for you, you might find you get sucked over to the "Dark Side" (as paper scrappers often call digiscrappers) . . .

Hope you enjoy yourself here!
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

9. Happy to meet you! Welcome!

You're going to love PSE once you get the hang of it! BTW, the tutorials by Cassie Jones in our store here would help you learn PSE easily and quickly!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

DD is a great place!!!! Lots of awesome examples and very helpful people to answer questions!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Hi, from another Queenslander... you will absolutely love it here, the folks are super friendly, supportive, inspirational, informative... need I say more...

software: PSE10 / iMAC
    Camera: Nikon D90 Digital SLR. 35mm 18-105mm

12. welcome to DD...and all the inspiring pages, fun people and amazing treats it offers!
    heather

Welcome, and I am another "paper" scrapper who said I would never go completely digital, but I can't tell you the last time I actually touched the stuff.... Enjoy, DD is a great place to start!!

I started my journey into digi via hybrid too! Welcome!