Thread: IPhone4S problem....

IPhone4S problem....

My daughter copied her photos from her IPhone4s to her laptop but now she can't do anything with the photos on her computer. They're all locked and if you go to properties and uncheck 'read only' when you go back again it's rechecked :-( Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a way around it? thanks donna
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

2. Sorry, I have not ever experienced this or heard of this problem, Donna.

I usually send my iPhone photos as attachments in an email to myself. I choose the option to send the actual full size photo. Then I save the attachment to my computer. I use these photos on scrapbook pages with no problem.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I upload photos from my iphone every couple of days to my iMac using image capture. I've just checked the access privileges and they say 'read and write' for me, but 'no access' for anyone else. I changed the access for everyone else and it stayed changed. Not sure that helps you, but that's how mine works. I've just checked the settings on the phone for photos but can't see anywhere to change access priveleges. Hope you figure it out soon.
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

Thanks ladies.. I'm thinking a trip to the Apple store is in my future :-)

My Gear:
    Wacom Intuos 4

when I connect my Iphone LR automatically opens all the photos and I have the choice to import them as needed by checking etc.... were the photos all deleted off the phone? Could you try importing them using a different program?
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Use the cloud instead. All of the photos that I take with my iPhone 4s appear on my desktop within seconds - full resolution and fully editable. It's awesome!
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

Hey Steph - how do you do that? I have to open iPhoto, move them to an album from my photo stream, then I can copy them into LR.

Myra - I catalog all my photos in Picasa and edit in PS. I have Picasa import everything from Photo Stream and it's ready to go. Not sure how to do it with iPhoto. Can you have Lightroom import from your Photo Stream?
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

Donna, I'm not sure what you mean by 'copy' in this case. I think those of us who connect our phones to a Mac computer via a cable have selected a program to open & upload those photos. Anke has LR, I have iPhoto, Donna uses ImageCapture etc It's a setting on the computer as to which program you want to 'get' the photos. But I don't recall any setting that would lock the images afterwards.

That's why I question the word 'copy'. It almost sounds as if she did something different?

I think a trip to the store sounds like a good idea! Sorry about that.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks everyone.. yes she used windows explorer.. hooked up the phone and it saw it like a drive and she copied them.. that may very well be the problem :-)

My Gear:
    Wacom Intuos 4