Thread: Got an iPhone..wheee!

Got an iPhone..wheee!

So I finally got an iPhone on Monday, yay! What apps would you recommend?

I had my Motorola Razr for nearly 6 years, it's still going strong, but I decided I should move into the smartphone era. It's an iPhone 4S 16GB.

So far, I've got Angry Birds (of course), instagram, the night sky and Where's my Water (cute puzzle game).

I guess I mostly want fun games for the kids, and puzzles for me, though there's bound to be ways to use the phone that I haven't thought of yet.

And if I'm not in the gallery for a wee while, you know I'll just be busy playing with my new shiny toy!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

LOL! I was in Birmingham early this week and bought an awesome cover for my 4S from Ted Baker!

The apps I use the most that are not Swedish are:
    Angry Birds (all of them!)
    Instagram
    Hipstamatic
    Snapseed
    PhotoFX
    WordFeud
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Photo365
    Google
    Talking Carl (hilarious for kids and grown-ups!)
    Viber
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

Thess, I'm curious about Snapseed since it is def one of the more expensive apps. Do you use it on your phone a lot? I don't know that I will ever be one to do a lot of editing on my phone but you never know!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

4. happy for you, Chrissy! My phone is never far from my side. I use it so much!! I happen to like word games, so, Boggle, Jumbline2 and Scrabble are favorite apps of mine.

Snapseed is a must, Maureen, especially if you are going to use the phone on your camera as a main camera. You can lighten things up when the lighting is dark for one thing.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Thess, I'm curious about Snapseed since it is def one of the more expensive apps. Do you use it on your phone a lot? I don't know that I will ever be one to do a lot of editing on my phone but you never know!
    Yes, I do use Snapseed quite a lot! As Merrilee said, it's perfect for some quick editing if you want to use your phone-pics for LO's and such. I've used Snapseed on several of the photos for my weekly pages this year, since all of the photos on these pages are taken with my iPhone! I've made it a point to edit those particular photos only in my phone, using Snapseed, PhotoFX and Instagram - and NOT in Photoshop!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

Thanks guys, and can I just say that I'm loving the price of the apps, so 2.99 is one of the more expensive apps, seems ok to me. It's like when I first discovered digiscrapping, the kits seemed so cheap compared to paper ones. Of course I didn't realise then how many I'd acquire lol.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Oh, and see if you can ask Amy what photo-apps she's using!
    She's an absolute master at iPhone photography!
    Well, so are Myra and Christina for that matter...
    This can become quite addictive and very expensive! LOL!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

I recently got an iphone too, and I must say I am still adjusting. I had a motorola droid so with a regular keyboard, so i am adjusting. Anyone have a good app for finding attractions and such when traveling? I have found some good ones for places to eat, but I used to have an app that automatically came on my android that I could select attractions and it would tell me various sights of interest nearest your location, and then linked to navigator so you can get there. Since I travel quite a bit for work it was great for finding something to do in the evenings.
    Lisa

My Gear: Nikon D3100, 18-55mm and 55-300MM, Kodak Easy Share Z812IS
    My Software: Photoshop CS4

I would like that too Lisa. We mostly use the GPS in the car for that but otherwise we each have a lot of city-specific apps for the really big cities. Nothing for when you're out in the boondocks which is where it would really help.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

I made a LO about some of my fave apps! Check out my gallery!
    My dd loves Rockband, guitar Hero, cut the rope, family feud, wheel of fortune, make me a princess, Frogger, PAC man, Simon says, flash to pass, tic tax toe, bubble xplode, virtuoso, Disney Tangeled (great puzzle game), bowling, UNO, diner dash, counting coins, kids math fun,
    My youngest also enjoys the Dr Seuss books, several Disney apps, toddler counting, Fisher-Price and Baby Einstein, ABC tracer, toddler counting, first words, fizzle, toddler shapes, hatch
    Hope this helps! Enjoy your new phone!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Lisa, I just know of one for food as well, yelp! An attraction one would be fun too!

Looks like yelp does have some entertainment info on there! Check it out!!

Thess, thank you! Christina and Amy are the masters of iPhoneography. But yes, I agree with your recommendations. Love Snapseed, and I definitely use it. I tend to use it most when I have a dark exposure. I often just edit in Instagram though because I'm lazy. I have learned to love iPhoneography. I used to laugh at the idea of a camera in a phone. Who would ever use that? How times have changed.

I also would add to the list:
    Flipboard
    iMovie
    Garage Band
    Epicurious
    Groupon

Also, I have our lists and calendars shared within the family. When Michael is at the store, he finds things sort of magically appear on his to do list. I love it.

Kim, I'm looking at your Apps layout and wondering what some of these are...

I see FB,Pinterest, ?,

?, ?, Netflix

Pandora, All Recipes, ?

Redbox, a radio station, 5k

Amazon, Yelp, ?

Would you identify your ?s for me please?
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Myra and others, I guess I realize I have no interest in or reason to work on my photos ON my phone. As Anke said once, she has the sitting around time with children that I don't have in my life. I have daily access to my computer(s) and much prefer the big screen.

However, I am curious as to what you do with Garage Band on the phone! I don't know if you compose or play music? My son did a lot of work in GB on his computer but then he's a musician. Just call me curious.
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

Happy to help you out Maureen!
    1. Facebook, Pinterest, LDS tools (shows me everyone's phone number from church)
    2. Home Routine, Groupon, Netflix
    3. Pandora, All Recipes Pro, Photo 365 (my daily reminder to take a photo)
    4. Redbox, local radio station, Couch to 5K
    5. Amazon price check, yelp, emoticons (I can text symbols to others w/an iPhone...I've even noticed I can do a few of the smily faces and heart while leaving love in the gallery here at DD!