Thread: Such a good mom!

Such a good mom!

I'm not one that listens to kids music in the car, or at home for that matter! I do sing the different kids sings with my kids, but they like the same music as me! The other day my 2 year old said to me "I want a song in my head!" LOL! When I asked her what song she wanted she replied with "Firework!" On another day this week when I got her up from her nap, she looked at me and said "I got moves like Jagger!" oops! Am I a bad more or what?
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

LOL! No, you are spending time engaged with your kids!! Makes you an awesome mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbird View Post
    LOL! No, you are spending time engaged with your kids!! Makes you an awesome mom!
    What she said!
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

4. I have a feeling you're a great mom!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

That is funny!! How lovely that she is aware of music. You may just have something lovely that you can share!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Teehee, that's great. I'm the same, Amy was never aware that there were kids CDs that could be played in the car. I love it when she asks for a song I like, or hums something she's heard on the radio. Though you do have to be careful, Peter's a big Weird Al Yankovic fan, and I can remember Amy singing 'Trigger happy' when she was about 3. No idea what other people would have made of that!

Though I must admit that when Amy went to dancing they used chart music, and one of the main ones was Lady Gaga's Poker Face, which I didn't really think was suitable. I remember being in HMV one time and it came on, Amy had started dancing to it within the first few notes!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Nah... the very fact that you are questioning it proves you are a good momma I am in the camp that we can't filter everything... but we can be there to answer questions and guide them

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

MY boys know my playlist well because I listen to it while we do chores. While most of it is spiritual - I do have a secular list too. My playlist pretty much copies Elizabeth Kartchner's from her Dear Lizzy blog. Now everytime a commercial comes on with one of those songs - they say "Mommy this is your song." I think it is neat that they recognize things that remind them of me.

Kim - you are a GREAT mom! That is evident!!!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by Jen D View Post
    Nah... the very fact that you are questioning it proves you are a good momma I am in the camp that we can't filter everything... but we can be there to answer questions and guide them
    Right. Absolutely!! The girls listen to Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, etc, etc with me in the car. And Kyra loves to put the Kids Pop version of songs she really likes on her Nano.
    LoriS

My Gallery

Oh Kim, that certainly does not make you a bad Mom, if anything, it's the other way around My kids listen to all kinds of pop music by now. Most of the time I don't even understand the lyrics, but they do. If there is a bad word, they will sing a different word real loud in order to tune the bad one out. Cracks me up and makes me proud
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Jake and I were jamming to old school Van Halen this weekend. When he started playing piano, his teacher would try to get him to play familiar kid "standards." but he had never heard them.

Myra that's too funny!! We've had the same situation with piano! She knew a few of them but not all the ones her teacher was excited about!

It's so wonderful to hear I'm not the only mom that doesn't listen to kids music!

Oh, btw, my dd is turning 6 in a few weeks and she wants "just Dance 3" for the Wii!! She's debating between the one from Best Buy that has "Firework" and the one from Target that has "Only Girl In the World!" my votes on Target! Dang exclusive songs, just put them all in the same game, I'm not buying two!

14. Love the "I want a song in my head", Kim! That sounds like the title for a great page of her faves to me. I'm sure you already have a layout worked out in your clever head. I too have a feeling that you are a terrific and involved mom.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Quote Originally Posted by KimR+ View Post
    Oh, btw, my dd is turning 6 in a few weeks and she wants "just Dance 3" for the Wii!! She's debating between the one from Best Buy that has "Firework" and the one from Target that has "Only Girl In the World!" my votes on Target! Dang exclusive songs, just put them all in the same game, I'm not buying two!
    My daughter got Just Dance 3 for Chirstmas and LOVES it! I have to admit it is pretty fun. One of their favorite songs is the Party Rock Anthem which I just found out was by a group called LMFAO when my son asked what that stood for tonight. Nice.

Your fine Kim... its all about the beat anyway! :-)
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

lol - I was trying to get my 2 year old to dance with me to that very song (moves like Jagger) in the car yesterday!! I've never been a fan of kid music either...doesn't make us bad moms at all

Is so wonderful to find out I'm not alone on this!! Thanks ladies!

DH went to buy Just Dance 3 with Firework, but apparently it's on 2, (which we already have without the exclusive song) so I'm excited, we get "only girl in the world!"

Kid's CDs or the radio in the car, my grandkids just beg me not to sing!

19. Quote Originally Posted by mymalloryboys View Post
    My playlist pretty much copies Elizabeth Kartchner's from her Dear Lizzy blog.
    LOVE this playlist!
    kelly
    Louisburg, KS

my blog

Yes, it's happy music - isn't it Kelly!!!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG